The 2006 NFL Draft

ACCBiggz

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bluesman

Holy shit, this is getting crazy. How many trades in a row have there been? 5? 6?

GB trades down for some more picks, at the same time though walking away with Hawk, Williams, and Jackson as your top 3 picks would be nice...

No doubt Denver moved up to get Cutler knowing they would get Walker. This explains why they could get a guy for the future knowing that Walker will help them right now.

Holmes will be stellar in the 'Burgh. They need him WAY worse than White. Remember that guy named Willie Parker?

That would be this guy, right;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpNXkMO0-S0...Willie%20Parker

:pervert:

Anyways, we traded up to get McIntosh - can somebody tell me what we gave thanks?

Edited by IAceI

Guest SixThreeSuperman

Your joke called, it needs substance.

Do you know anything that's been going on with the trial, the fact they tried to get a part time DJ to run it etc.? It's old. It keeps getting pushed back, its close to been thrown out, why? Because he's innocent. I hear that joke enough, I don't need to hear it more. :-\

Wow, Jerry Jones must hate quarterbacks with big conference experience.

I cannot believe how much the cowboys fucked the 3rd and 4th round. Ok, every QB outside of the big 3 is there in the second round, and you trade down. Little risky, but its not too far and you'll probably get something decent in return. Nope, you got a 6th and 7th, thanks Jerry I love those draft picks that won't even make the practice squad. Ok so our trade was terrible, but we still can improve here, because amazingly only one of the QBs has gone off the board. Lets give ourselves a backup with some real college experience, who didn't take 3 years off.

Nah, lets take a tight end, cause Jason Witten, Ryan Hannaman and the 4 other TEs we have aren't enough. Good fucking job.

Here comes the 3rd round and holy shit Jerry, all those QBs are still there! Whats that? You want to trade down again? Well, at least you got us back into the 4th round, you're starting to make up for the awful second round. Ok, we're up again...and look Brodie Croyle is still there! Fate has truly smiled upon us! Lets spit in its face and take a Defensive End when we can't even work the ones we have into our schemes! Fuck yeah!

Jimmy Johnson is the officially the only reason Troy Aikman came to Dallas. Jerry Jones seems to be ok with having anyone who's ever thrown a football slide into our QB spot. Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson, Drew Henson, all took time off to play baseball instead, these are not the kind of guys you should be basing your future on.

Tony Romo, of the powerhouse school of Eastern Illinois, an undrafted QB who made it onto the roster because Quincy Carter got cut. No major conference college experience.

We had the chance to grab a QB with major conference experience, and in Brodie Croyle, a QB who did great with no notable players to help him, and we add depth to the two deepest positions we have. Great fucking move Cowboys.

I swear to god if we don't draft a QB next year, then Jones is a fucking moron. Its the one position we haven't drafted well at, almost not at all, in nearly the last 20 years, and once again we're presented with a way to improve it, and Jerry passes up the chance.

Guest Bluesman

How about the Vikings? Trade BOTH of their 3rd rounders for a QB who had to change schools to start who would have been there a few rounds later. Same goes for that center they drafted. They were the Bills of the 2nd round.

After the Greenway and Griffin picks I was starting to forget why I now hate the Vikings. Now I remember...

Wow, I think this is the most shocking first round I can remember. Hadn't really heard of Joseph before the Bucs picked him; Thought for sure we were going to take Justice. But I've come to trust the Bucs Scouting Department after the success of our recent drafts.

Like I stated eariler, I think Williams is a GREAT move by the Texans. I've never really been on the Bush bandwagon, and Davis is a Top 10 back when healthy IMO. If the zone blocking scheme succeeds, will put up atleast 1500 a year barring injury. And elite Defensive Ends are way more rare in the NFL than elite running backs. I know there is the consistency question mark on Williams, but he seems like a hard working guy, and he will be in Training Camp from Day 1, doubt Bush will be.

Anyways, I've always thought Young and Davis are the top offensive players in the draft. Young may be as dumb as a sack of bricks, but he flat out can play football. The fact that he will sit at least a year on the bench will do wonders for him IMO.

Surpised Ko Simpson hasn't been picked yet. He is the best Safety talent in the draft, just raw. Cost himself a lot of money from coming out so early. Whoever takes him is going to get a STEAL.

Love that Addai got picked by Indy, he'll fit well there. Also adds to the streak of LSU players taken in the first round. No doubt in my mind that streak will continue for years to come.

You know I'd love to think that the Cowboys would do something to grab Ko, cause he's a safety, you know a position of need for us, one of the foremost positions of need actually.

But seeing how its going so far, I bet we take another O Lineman or maybe we need another running back, yeah that'll help us too!

sorry, I'm still in awe of how terrible this draft is going for the cowboys and how little is being said about it.

Your joke called, it needs substance.

Do you know anything that's been going on with the trial, the fact they tried to get a part time DJ to run it etc.? It's old. It keeps getting pushed back, its close to been thrown out, why? Because he's innocent. I hear that joke enough, I don't need to hear it more. :-\

You hear it because you do things like showing a clip of Sean Taylor railing Willie Parker. Hmm...one hit vs. a Super Bowl record and a ring. Which would you take? Willie Parker wins....

You also hear it because IT HAPPENED. Whether or not it is thrown out is inconsequential. OJ was acquitted too. Doesn't make him innocent.

Anyways, enough bantering over the Redskins.

I am highly surprised that Youboty fell to pick #70, and that Pittsburgh didn't keep their 2nd round pick.

It would be nice if Brian Calhoun fell to #83.

Edited by IAceI

Kimo was blocked into Carson. Everyone and their mother knows Kimo's not the kind of guy to cheap shot someone. Not that we need to discuss this again.

Rumor in Pittsburgh is that the Steelers are looking to trade their 5th round pick to Atlanta for TJ Duckett. Score.

I highly doubt that the Falcons would trade Duckett for just a 5th Rounder, they might add in a 6th or possibly a draft pick for next year or something because a 5th Round pick for Duckett just doesnt seem right.

And the Kimo thing was a unintentional cheap shot, he still could have grabbed the leg.

But one thing I was surpriesd to see that the Texans didnt take Winston Justice, they need so much help on the O-Line they you just cant address it with free agency.

Another thing I was surprised to see was Darnell Bing falling all the way to the fourth round, I had him as a possible 2nd, maybe early third round pick. Thats a big pick up for the Raiders.

Is that guy Sims we got for Detroit any good?

Here is Ernie Sims scouting report from espn.com

Strengths: Is a speedy and athletic WLB prospect. Plays with great tenacity and aggressiveness. High motor LB with a mean-streak. Shows very good natural instincts and a nose for the ball. Is a sideline-to-sideline run defender. Shows good initial quickness and closing burst in pursuit. Is a powerful tackler, especially for his size. Will make the big hit and jar the ball loose from the RB or WR. He does a very good job of slipping blocks and sifting through traffic. He has the upper body strength to keep some blockers off his body even when reached. He is fluid in coverage. Shows good instincts in zone coverage, as well as the sped and athletic ability to turn and run with most RB's and TE's one-on-one. Also possesses outstanding ball skills in coverage. Should contribute as a nickel linebacker on passing downs even if he can't play a fulltime role as a rookie in the NFL. He also has the physical and mental tools to provide good production on special teams.

Weaknesses: Is undersized. Must add bulk and lower body strength in order to hold his ground in the NFL. He is short and lacks body mass. Gets rag-dolled by bigger blockers that are able to get into his body. He occasionally plays out of control. Will run around blocks and take himself out of position at times. He occasionally will go for the big hit when he should be playing the ball in coverage. He is far better in coverage than he is rushing the passer. Lacks an array of pass rush moves and struggles to get off of blocks once reached as a blitzer. Suffered a fractured fibula during spring practice in 2005 but did not miss any time during fall. He comes from a good family background and coaches speak highly of him as a person, but 2005 arrest causes concern regarding his character.

Overall: Sims played in all 13 games as a true freshman in 2003 and finished with 42 tackles. He started all 11 games and earned second-team All-ACC honors as a sophomore in 2004, when he finished with 86 tackles, nine tackles for loss and 4.5 sacks. He was arrested for domestic battery and resisting arrest without violence on June 6, 2005 after a fight with his girlfriend. He completed two days of public service after pleading no contest (Aug. 10, 2005) to a reduced charge of disorderly conduct. Sims started all 13 games as a junior in 2005 and finished with 77 tackles, 13 TFL, and three interceptions before electing to leave school early for the 2006 NFL draft. Sims is an undersized prospect that played the "Sam" linebacker position in college but projects as a "Will" linebacker in the NFL. He has added significant bulk over the course of the last year but he still must continue to get bigger and improve his lower body strength in order to adequately match up in the NFL. However, Sims' speed, athletic ability, instincts and explosive tackling skills are difficult to ignore. He would fit best on an NFL team that emphasizes speed over size on defense (Colts, Buccaneers, Bears, etc.). Regardless, Sims projects as a late-first round pick in the 2006 draft.

Overall, I'm happy with the Lions draft thus far. They filled in two big holes on defense, and added a nice running back that seems to be a jack of all trades. He should see time as a kick returner, and a change of pace back to Kevin Jones. They're on the clock right now, after taking an OT in the 5th. And now they took a CB. The last two picks I don't know much about, but they're going to hopefully provide good depth.

Kimo was blocked into Carson. Everyone and their mother knows Kimo's not the kind of guy to cheap shot someone. Not that we need to discuss this again.

Seeing Kimo two times a year helped me reach the conclusion he wouldn't be the type to do it. It's the same reason that guys rough the passer on 3rd and 10 plays, they have so much adrenaline going that they can't stop. He was blocked in Carson's direction and just kept going. I'd like to see you stop if you're that size and going that fast.

Anyway, the Ravens draft has been lackluster so far. Ngata is a good pickup though, but besides that nothing much. However, in the past we've always picked up some quality late rounders as well as a Pro Bowl first rounder. Newsome is great at making draft picks, so I'm confident some players will go out there and surprise us.

Rumor in Pittsburgh is that the Steelers are looking to trade their 5th round pick to Atlanta for TJ Duckett. Score.

The Jets won this draft hands down in my book. Adressed their needs with quality. As for the Texans, they'll be right there in the top five against next year. Williams is solid, but he isn't the game changer that Bush is, and think about Carr. He probably re-signed/restructered the contract thinking he'd have Bush as the other option, which does give him more time as the defense has to always watch him and can't always blitz.

Brees must have been estatic. The Saints were kind of listening to other offers but got nothing worth a Reggie Bush. Apprently the Jets offered their first and something else but it wasn't their other 1st or 2nd.

The Steelers and Cowboys also had solid drafts.

As for my Bears... WE NEED OFFENSE!! We lost Azumah but we signed Manning, and this was a deep DB draft. I'm sure the Steelers moving up and taking Holmes was something that hurt the Bears, but there was still some talent there. We even had a chance to grab Pope from Georgia in the 2nd, but passes for a 2nd DB (A decent one).