SEMI-REGULAR MUSIC POLL #2: Who is better?

Liam

Yeah, I thought I'd do two today, and then leave it a little bit.

So, Deftones or Korn, who is better? Chosen because they are the two "godfathers of nu-metal" or whatever people wanted to throw at them, and have basically built up thier fanbases and populairity at similar times, musically. Two of the biggest bands of the late 90's, pretty much, and what I believe could be an interesting poll.

Cue people with the "they both suck" comments >_>

:::: Edit ::::

This Poll Is Now Closed. The Final Results Are As Follows...

Who is the best band of these two?

Deftones [ 24 ] ** [63.16%]

Korn [ 14 ] ** [36.84%]

The Thread Will Remain Open For Discussion.

I voted Deftones. I've heard less of their work than I have of Korn's, but I find it far better, Korn has always seemed somewhat grating to me. The only bits I've ever liked of Korn have been the scat interlude in Freak On A Leash and, to a far lesser extent, the bagpipes in whatever song it is. But mostly the scat.

Whereas Deftones, while I don't like them, I can happily listen to a lot more. This isn't really my area of expertise, though, by any stretch of the imagination.

Edited by Skumfrog

Deftones. I haven't listened to much of them but I've got Korn albums on my playlist that I ganked from my brother out of curiousity, they're like Taking Back Sunday but more aggressive - point being that aside from their cover songs most of their songs are the same dull thing.

Deftones are at least a bit more original than that

Ugh. Don't remind me that Korn have done cover songs. If I could vote AGAINST a band in this poll, those covers would earn Korn negative points. I despise Another Brick In The Wall at the best of times, but even moreso when they played it.

Deftones. I've heard way more Korn (and even seen them live), but I dig Deftones more simply because they have mellow, airy tracks as well as screaming. Plus their singer is better IMO than Jonathan Davies. Neither are really my cup of tea, but Deftones are far better.

Deftones. I liked Korn, but after Follow the Leader (which was actually one of my favorite albums) everything went downhill. The Deftones meanwhile, have only gotten better and better.

At least Deftones seem willing to try new things.

As I stated in the other thread, Korn's finest hour was thier debut, and it was ALL downhill since. Korn wish they had the ability to pull off an album like "White Pony".

Plus Jon Davis has the worst vocals in alt music.

I was just adding my vote, since I hadn't, it just followed on from you.

Though I don't get liking his voice...its bad enough that its whiny as fuck, but the fact that it seemed to spawn more people trying to sound like him (I'm looking at the first lead singer of Adema for starters) possibly made it worse.