Smackdown! VS RAW 2007

Guest Anti-Hero

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had the most annoying match ever. I was doing the challenges, the Henry vs. Viscera one, and it was so fucking annoying. It was annoying because Henry's chest turns red whenever someone looks at him, and they've made it so Vis counters EVERY motherfucking move.

Also, due to my being stupid (or as I like to think the CPU being picky) I had him beaten four times only to not press the R stick down enough so I punched him in the head each time rather than pinning him, causing me more fucking annoyance.

The match was about 15 mins, and the majority of that me going to the floor and using the stamina system to turn my body from red to orange, or me having to endure endless viewings of his awful to watch finisher as we brawled (or waddled and swung punches) and ringside.

Just so fucking annoying.

Edited by timmayy rave

• Admin

I just had the most annoying match ever. I was doing the challenges, the Henry vs. Viscera one, and it was so fucking annoying. It was annoying because Henry's chest turns red whenever someone looks at him, and they've made it so Vis counters EVERY motherfucking move.

Also, due to my being stupid (or as I like to think the CPU being picky) I had him beaten four times only to not press the R stick down enough so I punched him in the head each time rather than pinning him, causing me more fucking annoyance.

The match was about 15 mins, and the majority of that me going to the floor and using the stamina system to turn my body from red to orange, or me having to endure endless viewings of his awful to watch finisher as we brawled (or waddled and swung punches) and ringside.

Just so fucking annoying.

Isn't the Henry / Viscera challenge a First Blood match?

Holy shit. It was! I just saw Henry vs. Vis and pressed start, didn't read properly. Fucking hell, I feel like a right dipstick now. No wonder it ended in a KO.....

*Runs and hides in corner*

Well..... Vis still countered too much!

*Goes back to corner*

Gonna make it quick cause I am still drunk from last night and I'm gonna head back to bed. Need my rest...

Aight, let me say that SvR07 is an extremely fun game. Maybe it's cause I haven't owned a SD game since SYM, but I really do enjoy this game. Story mode is fun but there are still "plotholes" in the game.

For example, I just got done with a feud between Benoit and Taker. Then I was thrown into a feud for the World Title with Benoit, who is now the Champion. Just minor inconsistencies.

Let me say that I had a insane triple threat between Benoit, Taker, and Orton (me). The match lasted 17 minutes and the finish came when after Benoit did the crossface, I proceeded to rkOWN the Rabid Wolverine.

Also, I have heard from other users that story mode is damn near impossible if you try to use a CAW. I dunno if this is true or not (I don't believe it is) but take it for what it's worth.

GM Mode is a definately a step up from last year. With the addition of writers, you now have more options with feuds and it makes GM Mode have more "character". It isn't as in depth as EWR as far as booking simulations go, but it is still fun creating your own wrestlers and seeing if you can push them to the top.

The selling in this game is much better. Wrestlers will stay down for a long time after a big move and if you get thrown off a cell, be prepared to wait a while before you can get back up. The amount of time you stay down seems very reasonable to me.

And also from what I have read, CAWs got nerfed a bit. Not as many options for hair, patterns, etc. However, I still like it.

Please though, keep in mind that SYM was the last SD game I owned so I really don't know if it feels like "the same old ish". With that being said though, I highly recommend this game.

Anyone from the UK try the PS2 version online yet? I'm looking at you Jouzy.

I wasn't going to get it but PC World has it for £20 online so I might give it a shot.

Edited by King ROOOOOOOONEY!

:o

This game is fucking amazing.

Seriously, for the first time in over five years, I feel like I'm playing a new wrestling game. The new controls are very different, but feel really natural. Secondly, the game is absolutely gorgeous; I'm not usually a graphics nerd, but my jaw is on the floor just looking at this thing. Don't believe the anti-hype, this is officially the first upgrade the Smackdown series has seen in a long time.

:o

This game is fucking amazing.

Seriously, for the first time in over five years, I feel like I'm playing a new wrestling game. The new controls are very different, but feel really natural. Secondly, the game is absolutely gorgeous; I'm not usually a graphics nerd, but my jaw is on the floor just looking at this thing. Don't believe the anti-hype, this is officially the first upgrade the Smackdown series has seen in a long time.

The PS2 graphics are better than what you're usually going to see on the system, but I have the 360 version. I just finished an exhibition of Kennedy vs. Finlay and after I won, I was blown away but how realistic it was when Kennedy was trash talking.

I'm eagerly awaiting to see if you play to a certain point in season mode, you get an opponent that isn't called Chris Benoit or The Undertaker.

Minor bitchiness aside, had a fucking good triple threat match earlier. I was doing the Wrestlemania Rematch challenge where you're Rey vs. Angle vs. Orton, and had a fucking enjoyable match. I even cheered when I got RKO'd because it looked fucking good. I went to whip Orton, but he countered, by twisting round, and giving me a knee to the gut. I totally forgot he had a finisher, because he'd earned it SO long ago, and the next thing I knew Orton was just leaping through the air, cue an "Oh.....shit......" thought from me! But Kurt was there to make the save. Match was great fun.

I noticed something new with Rey, and that is when you try and kick a heavyweight in the gut, the foot bounces off, and Rey holds his foot (I assume its the same with all Cruisers). Its both annoying, yet cool.

I love ultimate control, and the enviromental attacks. I'm getting into this more. Once you have the controls down, their great. Story mode is mediocre, GM mode is still dire, and some of the challenges are uninspired, and the targetting system is lousy, but the basic gameplay is so much better this year from an in-match perspective, there's a shitload of little detail, and it looks SO good....

Can you play GM mode online? I think that's the only way I could get much enjoyment out of it. It's not a bad mode in itself, but I just don't have the attention span to do it properly, same with EWR.

I noticed something new with Rey, and that is when you try and kick a heavyweight in the gut, the foot bounces off, and Rey holds his foot (I assume its the same with all Cruisers). Its both annoying, yet cool.

They still need to fix some of the weight limits. The silliest thing I've seen in the new game is Kid Kash not being able to lift Joey Mercury :ohwell:

I, too, love the UCMs. My favourites so far have to be the body press slam and powerbomb where you can throw people out of the ring. I'll have to try that on top of the HIAC.

Does anybody know about this "table glitch" thing? I hear there's a way to get several tables from the crowd area. Is there anyway to get weapons over the barrier, too? And I still don't know what the button is to take weapons and signs from the crowd.