Smackdown! VS RAW 2007

Guest Anti-Hero

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul Heyman was in a SD game? When?

I think on SD vs RAW he was manager for the Dudleys so if you had a tag w/manager involving them you could select to be the manager and hey presto, you're Heyman.

Bearhug finisher FTW!

Paul Heyman was in a SD game? When?

I think on SD vs RAW he was manager for the Dudleys so if you had a tag w/manager involving them you could select to be the manager and hey presto, you're Heyman.

Bearhug finisher FTW!

Rented the game, so haven't played it a ton.

But I played with My cousin and his sister (who would also be my cousin, duh, but for the purpose of this post will simply be "my cousin's sister" :P) who both aren't real great at video games, plus they're still used to the other controls since we've played the crap out of SvR2006. Me-Super heavyweight CAW with 38 ovr :P Cousin-Rey Mysterio Jr. Sister- Undertaker.

So we have a triple threat ladder match and mostly screw around with the ladders and stuff and have fun, but the thing that impressed me the most so far in the game happened during that match. Now a lot of you might have already seen this, but I really thought it was cool when it happened. My cousin tried a move off the top turnbuckle with Rey...headscissors take down type move, and I reversed it, so my CAW caught him in a total control powerbomb move.

Unfortunately I didn't have much stamina (I was trying to get it back when he jumped at me) so I wasn't able to follow through, but it was damn cool.

Also, for some reason, I did the running up the ladder ala benjamin thing, and strangely knocked Rey off, knocked the ladders down, but ended up hanging from the title. unfortunately, again my stamina was too low and I fell :P

But it was still kind of cool.

There are a ton, as far as I can tell. I created myself, and in my first match, Taker powerbombed me over the top rope to the floor...first move of the match, which was pretty cool. I tried running with a Shining Wizard, which is how that came about.

Also, an interesting note. MUSIC01, in the create-an-entrance themes, is actually MY theme song. I marked out for that, I'll admit it.

That's actually pretty damn cool Cade, atleast you had no trouble finding a good theme song for yourself. (Y)

Anyway, thus far I'm still very impressed. I'll say that I haven't had this much fun with a wrestling video game since Smackdown 2, and that includes No Mercy and WCW vs. NWO Revenge. The hotspots are too fucking cool, and they add a lot of depth to a solid core of moves for your wrestler.

Graphically speaking, I think the presentation is beautiful. The models look very good, as does the ringside environment, and the animations.

I have two qualms. I hate the reversal system as it seems the CPU can reverse at will while I'm stuck with hoping I can get up before they give 18 different ground moves in a row. I'm also not fond of the fact that I've wrestle atleast 6-8 Raw matches in a row with no PPV. I know Backlash is a Raw PPV, and it should be coming, so something is fishy.

Are there hot spots on the top of the Hell in a Cell? It looks as if that's a no, unless it's a special side to the cell. I just tried that and fell off of the fucking cell. It seems that the top of the cell would have been one of the first things they'd have considered for a hotspot.

Edit - For those that have unlocked the legends of Tazz, Bam Bam Bigelow, and Mr. Perfect, which wrestlers did you use? I'm not keen on skipping PPV's as the season mode seems to do, so I'd rather just use the workers that seem to get this done right away.

Edited by VerbalPuke

I played through as Matt Hardy and managed to get everyone...

Except Austin. I fucking hate having to lose just to get to the Royal Rumble without the title, not to mention going through Season mode losing as Kennedy for the express purpose of such a feat, only to be greeted by 'Fuck You. You're playing the Legends Storyline' when I get there.

I'll get it done by the end of the week. Assignments and shit got me barred from the PS2 till then.