Smackdown! VS RAW 2007

Guest Anti-Hero

Hell, I can't even win MITB on Normal difficulty. Four attempts, four losses. Two to Umaga, one to Lashley and one to someone else who I wasn't controlling.

Last was was the real bitch, another second and I would have won, Lashley punches me off and just makes contact with the case FTW.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I played on my friends copy and this kinda rubbed me the wrong way. Waffiling people with weapons and hearing no sound affects whatsoever isn't too good. The whole control layout caught me off guard too.

However, facing Kennedy in season and hearing Tazz go "Man I love Mr Kennedy's introductions....KENNEDY!" went some way to making up for the previous indiscretions.

Guest mikey420

Just a question is control type D on the 360 Version the saem as the one on ps2?

I am thinking of getting the 360 version and was wondering. I mean like is it pretty much identical but jsut using the xbox controller?

Sorry if its a dumb question just wondered!

:unsure:

Y'know who else is fun to squash people as? Mark Henry. Although he looks too skinny in the game, it's still fun to smack people around with this lumbering hoss. Funny how it works out that him, Umaga and Khali are the most fun to play as in the game.

Oh, I've failed twice to win MITB on Legend. Both times I was Khali against Daivari, Kash, Psicosis, Crazy and Hardy. I figured I could beat the shit out of them, Big Boot/ladder smash them all and retrieve the briefcase. However, I wasted half an hour each on my two attempts after doing all the hard work and being beaten by Matt Hardy (and on the second go, Kid Kash). Bastards. I may have to try Umaga next, another ladder match veteran. :shifty:

I finally managed to win MITB. People on gamefaqs think the best thing to do is hide a ladder way up on the entrance ramp so most of the time you only have two or three people to worry about, but it never seemed to work for me. The way I did it was just climb the ladder and grab the case every opportunity I got. It only ever went down a tiny little bit at a time and it took me over an hour using Khali against cruisers, but the computer AI never really seems to grab the case if there's anyone else hanging around. It takes ages, but if you can make sure you're the only one decreasing the gauge then EVENTUALLY you will win. It's a bitch though >_>

I decided to try the MITB on Legend difficulty, and I got so damn close. I was Cactus Jack against Viscera, Trevor Murdoch, Lance Cade, Snitsky and I threw in my CAW as he's only got 38 rating. Guess who won? Yeah, the damn CAW >_> I stayed away from the majority of the action for the most of the match, keeping myself in perfect health while the others beat themselves up (I joined in on that on occasion) and then power whipped everybody out of the ring and climbed the ladder. I emptied the briefcase bar right down to the little two bits at the bottom of the case and I get suplexed off the top. Then my CAW climbs up and snatches the case down. I don't like how people can use finishers to someone on a ladder without also being on the ladder, it's a bit annoying. Not a major gripe, though.

Thats how I lost last night. I was playing as Carlito, drained the entire case down myself, only for Lashley to steal it at the end the big git.

This post is kind of long, so bear with me please.

My reaction to this game is kind of mixed. Firstly, the controls and new ultimate control stuff is awesome. In fact, I like pretty much all the in-ring action in this game better than any of the previous Smackdown! games.

That said, a lot of the presentation stuff is sloppy. I've heard the random commentary. Vilge Duin is right about the T-shirt (ps2 version) you can't get a plain black short sleeve t-shirt that doesn't have that courdoroy stripey look. In addition, the story mode is a lot better this year than last year, but it still feels like it's lacking a certain freedom. In addition it seems like you play the face 99% of the time. I've only played Edge as the champ in season mode, so maybe it's different as a non-champion.

Also, CAWs seem completely messed up. The problems that have already been mentioned here include: belts not showing up in certain entrances, moves missing (not too many...but a few) and certain CAW parts missing. For example, why do they cut back on hair styles (In which it was hard to find a decent hair style before imo.) and attire, but keep 158 different face paints. Few wrestlers have face paint anymore, and most CAWs probably don't, so that just seems silly.

In addition, I noticed that when my cousins CAW enters, Lillian says: "From Battle Creek, Michigan, from Michigan" which is funny.

Weightclasses are also really funny. Batista is a heavyweight, but Hogan is a super heavyweight?

Seems odd.

But anyways my point is that though the matches are a lot of fun, the game, especially on the presentation seems sloppy. I'd rather they waited another month or so to iron out this stuff than released it as it is.

That said, it's still a lot of fun :P

I started as Edge in the season mode as well, and but have switched a few times since then. It does seem that you indeed play the face the majority of the time.

One thing that bothers me is that it seems that your character is always getting his ass beat in cutscenes. It'd be nice to see my character get the better of another guy. Plus, the storylines make me feel as if my character is really just a secondary guy, as if he really isn't important or central to the story. Just a vibe I get from the storylines.