Smackdown! VS RAW 2007

Guest Anti-Hero

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another part that I like about it is during the entrances how you can actually see opponents in the background while the wrestler is in the ring. And seeing a different short cutscene before the match actually starts is pretty cool.

Oh, and beating Corizzle in the demo is pretty fun also :shifty:

I may get the PS2 Version, in the hope they keep a similar control system (obviously with the new stick control, but keep most of the other stuff similar) and the pre-order price is a LOT cheaper. Though I may still yet get it the 360 version.

You can turn the new control system off, it said in one of IGN's articles and I think Kaney said you could earlier in the thread, too, after playing the demo. And of course the 360 price is dearer, it's next-gen, it's like it for every other game.

I think i'll end up getting a 360 with this. Online would be good with a whole bunch of us and last years PS2 online was a bit of a shambles.

Yes you should. I'll get XBL, too, and I can beat down your silly little characters again :)

And the cowboy hats too?

I remember Dan telling me that Joey Romero's hat was gay. Maybe I should change that if he returns this year. Then again he was never one to judge, his CAW had an oil slick for hair.

Edited by King ROOOOOOOONEY!

Me and your brother just beat him up instead of going the classic triple threat route. Then on MSN Dan was all "YOU DIDN'T HIT DRAGSY ONCE, YOU TWO WERE JUST AFTER ME".

Gooooooooood times.

Me and your brother just beat him up instead of going the classic triple threat route. Then on MSN Dan was all "YOU DIDN'T HIT DRAGSY ONCE, YOU TWO WERE JUST AFTER ME".

Gooooooooood times.

I owned you all.

*Elbow drop off barricade*

Don't you mean *germansuplexgermansuplexgermansuplexgermansuplexgermansuplexgermansuplex* ?

¬_¬

gamespot have done a preveiw of thier own, doing the CAW stuff, but ill highlight the bit thats important to 360 owners

On the customization and creation front, all the usual suspects are on hand this year, with editable wrestler appearances, move-sets, entrances, title belts, and stables. One extremely nice addition to this year's game is the new preview system for created entrances. Whereas in previous years you were forced to manually load up a preview of every change you made to a wrestler's entrance sequence, now the changes load on the fly in the background. If you change a piece of lighting or pyrotechnic, the game will quickly load that change in the background video, and you'll see it nearly instantly. You can also create very specific timing for pyrotechnics and other effects. By switching to the preview view, you can set the timing of these effects and camera changes just by pressing a button at the moment you want the change to occur. The game will then save the change instantly. These features apply to both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 2 versions of the game, although the PS2 version takes a little longer to load up changes than the 360. Unfortunately, one of the coolest, and perhaps biggest, no-brainer options one could have on the 360 version isn't available in this year's game. You can't use custom soundtracks stored on the 360 hard drive as theme music for created wrestlers. Considering how that was one of the few redeeming features of THQ's previous wrestling efforts on the Xbox, it seems like a major oversight.

The more I read about it, the more I think the new analogue contro system is getting turned off.

The IGN article didn't do an awful lot to impress me, but its a good job everything else I've read about the game has me well pumped for this.

It'll take some getting used to, but the more I think about the analogue grappling system, the more I love it. It's just so natural, instead of having to press a button combination to grapple, you simply move the stick/or hold top right and flick the stick in the direction you want. It just seems so intuitive.

Of course, I haven't played it yet, so it could be shit beyond belief. All complaints I've heard about it seem to be very minor, mostly nitpicking.

Cool. I like most of the options mentioned here. And the addition of Velocity and Heat will be good for my GM mode battles with my best mate.

The new story mode looks good here. Hopefully the rivalries are a bit more 'random' than before, after the first few times playing through story mode on SD2006 you'd always end up in a familier storyline facing the same wrestlers. I'd love to see different guys being involved in fueds, even if the basic storyline is the same.

I just hope that they don't use guys like Eddie in story mode. Last year having to fight Davy-boy Smith was a bit of a pain, as it jolted the player out of the 'real-ness' of the game (which is a shame as the voice overs and stories were cool). I did like having bret, Stone Cold and Mankind involved though, so I wouldn't object to all three 'Faces of Foley' and the other legends who are still active/semi-active involved.

Can't wait till this is out!

Guest Titocoolace

I just hope that they don't use guys like Eddie in story mode. Last year having to fight Davy-boy Smith was a bit of a pain, as it jolted the player out of the 'real-ness' of the game (which is a shame as the voice overs and stories were cool). I did like having bret, Stone Cold and Mankind involved though, so I wouldn't object to all three 'Faces of Foley' and the other legends who are still active/semi-active involved.