Smackdown! VS RAW 2007

Guest Anti-Hero

Left stick moves you around, right stick does grapples. Right bumper + right stick is the same as 'strong grapple' 'quick grapple' etc from previous games, the right stick on it's own just seems like an additional set of grapples. For example, if a DDT in SDvR06 was Right+Circle to grab them, then Right+Circle again to do the move, it'd be Right Stick to the right while pressing the Right Bumper to grab, and then Right stick to the right to do the move. As I understand it. Might not be right, which would explain why I couldn't do much.

Y is running, X is strikes. When your opponent is down, right stick down is to pin. Left trigger is to block strikes, right trigger is block grapples and Left bumper is finisher, just like the PS2. I haven't figured out anything else yet, I only played one match >_>

But from the videos you can climb into the crowd although it's not really in the crowd. You dive over the barrier into a cordoned off area filled with weapons, and you can grab signs and shit from the fans. You can control the motion of certain moves as well it seems, such as deciding how long to hold someone in the air while chokeslamming, as long as you have enough stamina (Although it seems only for normal moves, Kane's finisher chokeslam didn't do anything like it). Things like the 10 punch from the turnbuckle now work by pushing the stick up to raise your fist and down to punch, things like that.

From the menu the Locker room is still there, Season mode etc but all you can actually do is choose exhibition, single match and then your wrestler. Hopefully they'll release a download to extend the demo a bit or something over the next month, since Kane beating down HHH is going to get mighty boring after a while >_>

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem I seem to have is that I can do the quick grapples fine (using the stick without holding the right bumper), but anytime I try to do a strong grapple it's released.

I tested it out, and the problem I was having was that my opponent wasn't beaten down enough, but with the speed finishers are obtained, you can do two finishing moves before you can perform a traditional grapple move.

Hopefully I'm just missing something, can anyone either confirm this or point me in the right direction?

Hopefully they'll release a download to extend the demo a bit or something over the next month, since Kane beating down HHH is going to get mighty boring after a while >_>

You're supposed to buy the game. (Y)

And for anyone who doesn't like the new control scheme, you can turn it off.

Some of that looks really cool like the Chokeslam through the announce table, elbow through the announce table and head slamming on the steps/barricades. The commentating is annoying as ever and mainly recycled, I'd hope they'd refresh it a little before realease but it's not top of my wishlist.

How casual does Lillian sound when saying "Here's your winner..." <_<

Edited by King ROOOOOOOONEY!

Some of that looks really cool like the Chokeslam through the announce table, elbow through the announce table and head slamming on the steps/barricades. The commentating is annoying as ever and mainly recycled, I'd hope they'd refresh it a little before realease but it's not top of my wishlist.

How casual does Lillian sound when saying "Here's your winner..." <_<

Yeah, the commentary is a bit ridiculous considering it's the same as last years game. Though, I imagine they would change it, it's probably not hard to get J.R. and the King into a recording studio for a few hours.

Otherwise, this looks absolutely awesome. I was so dissapointed with SD vs. Raw 06 because it felt like just another Smackdown game with a few minor tweaks. This game though looks wonderful, it looks like it gives the gamer a ton of freedom to brutalize his opponent. My favorite thing was seeing Kane do the Razor's Edge to HHH, but sending him to the outside of the ring with it or back first into the turnbuckle.

Judging by this video, this game might end up being as highly regarded as Smackdown 2 and Here Comes The Pain (which are seemingly the two most popular/enjoyed by gamers of the Smackdown series).

Couple that with one of the best rosters to date and we may just have a classic on our hands. Am I the only one that loves the idea of having Mr. Perfect vs. Chris Benoit happen?

Edited by VerbalPuke

Another part that I like about it is during the entrances how you can actually see opponents in the background while the wrestler is in the ring. And seeing a different short cutscene before the match actually starts is pretty cool.

Oh, and beating Corizzle in the demo is pretty fun also :shifty:

Edited by Mortified Penguin

Hows everyone finding the controls on the 360 Demo so far?

I may get the PS2 Version, in the hope they keep a similar control system (obviously with the new stick control, but keep most of the other stuff similar) and the pre-order price is a LOT cheaper. Though I may still yet get it the 360 version.

I'll be getting the PS2 version, and I hope that the new control system can be deactivated, because I thought it was a bad idea. I believe in the old saying `if it ain't broke, don't fix it', and there isn't anything wrong with the old control system.