Smackdown! VS RAW 2007

Guest Anti-Hero

I am glad that Paul Birchall, Supr Crazy and Candice Michelle are in, and glad that Matt Hardy is back in, but I wish they had included Ashley, Brian Kendrick and Paul London, too.

But, seriously, Hardcore Holly, Great Khali, Mark Henry, Umaga and Viscera are all serious wastes of roster space. (Melina, too, but I can understand why she is in) I already know who my GM mode jobbers are going to be.

I just hope they put Eddie and Hulk Hogan (with his actual taunts!) in as Legends, and we don't get a manager and a wrestler you need a PSP to unlock as Legends.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was convinced we'd see Sabu and Sandman after the first pics released had all the balcony dives and weapon shots.

Ah hell, maybe they'll be unlockables or legends. (They were both under legend contracts at the time, maybe that's not too much to hope for!).

And while I am pissed about no London and Kendrick I AM glad Melina's in. I was Annoyed at there being no MNMlast year, and even though they've split now i'm glad they've made it into one game.

well i want umaga in just for the samoan spike but in all fairness Holly and Viscera (even though my bro marked out for vis being included :o) are two slots which couldve been filled with London and Kendrick apart from that its the best roster that i can think of

I am glad that Paul Birchall, Supr Crazy and Candice Michelle are in, and glad that Matt Hardy is back in, but I wish they had included Ashley, Brian Kendrick and Paul London, too.

But, seriously, Hardcore Holly, Great Khali, Mark Henry, Umaga and Viscera are all serious wastes of roster space. (Melina, too, but I can understand why she is in) I already know who my GM mode jobbers are going to be.

All the things wrong with this statement:

Mark Henry is a waste of roster space? He's been main eventing since December... why the fuck wouldn't he be in? People would be bitching up a storm if he wasn't.

Umaga has been a consistent midcarder on RAW who holds victories over Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, John Cena, and Triple H... again, why shouldn't he be there?

Great Khali was involved in a major feud with the icon of the WWE and was only recently pulled from television. You think marks don't want to recreate that feud on their PS2 or XBox? Remember, it aint just smarks that play wrestling games, that's why the divas are in there every year.

Viscera is on RAW damn near weekly.

You call Melina a waste of space, but you're glad Candice is in and wish Ashley was? Melina is THE diva of the WWE once Trish is gone, and she's far better in the ring than Candice or Ashley. And who doesn't want to give her entrance to Big Vis? :shifty:

Hardcore Holly is really the only odd inclusion out of those you listed, but with him making his return and playing a big role, it looks like the WWE had a little foresight in that one. It'll actually make the game accurate when it's out.

I think we'll see the debut of something along the lines of an "ECW Legend" section. This is where Sabu comes into play. Because without either Jeff Hardy or Sabu, why would they include a balcony spot. I mean, really. :shifty:

If I'm right, I'd love for the "ECW Legends" section to have Sabu, Taz and someone else (The Sandman?).

Im really hoping the crowd are good in this game. They just have to be atleast decent. Maybe be realistic for once.

I remember Steve Austin coming out in the last games season modehe got no reaction until he hit the Stunner. SUPER unrealistic.

Guest Anti-Hero

I think we'll see the debut of something along the lines of an "ECW Legend" section. This is where Sabu comes into play. Because without either Jeff Hardy or Sabu, why would they include a balcony spot. I mean, really. :shifty:

If I'm right, I'd love for the "ECW Legends" section to have Sabu, Taz and someone else (The Sandman?).

Why would they do that? Angle's a big name and if he wasn't in it, many people would be hesitant about buying it.

And it was probably alot easier to take Show out of No Mercy than it would be for them to take Angle out of this.

But if vince listened to the fans Cena would go back to the midcard where he was good. He's too much like Hogan (doesnt sell). Armando should be in there as a manager, like Heyman was for the Dudleyz in 2005. I never said Cena shouldn't be in it. Just Holly and Viscera fall into that category, and probably Candice...

Also, don't make me laugh... Cena? Most consistent main eventer! ha. Edge has carried him more than anyone has a right to. Why do you reckon they've had heaps of triple threat or special main events at ppvs with cena being knocked out in the first few minutes

Cena should be in the midcard spot? Good thing you've never been appointed a position of power within any wrestling company. I don't care if you like Cena or not, but he is over. He's loved, he's hated, but the man is over and gets a legit main event reaction. He sells merchandise, he's charismatic, and he's a competent brawler in the ring. Only a fool would believe he isn't a main event worthy competitor as of now.

As for consistency, he has consistently been on top as a main eventer for the last year and a half. Not necesarily his ring work, but the amount of time he has been a prominent figure on the Raw brand.

By the way, point me to this vast amount of main events where Cena has been knocked out within the first few minutes. I'm curious to see what you can come up with.

As an aside, I'm not a fan of Cena. I'm a total fan of Edge, but I'm not blind enough to believe that Cena doesn't sell.

Edited by VerbalPuke

You look at any triple threat he's been in...

Cena v Edge v HHH

Cena v Edge v Angle

Cena v Angle v HHH

He's taking the spot every time.

Also, he does get a response, but when you get booed out of the arena as much as he does, it doesnt matter. Also from all the events i ve been to 70% of his cheers are from kids and ladies, not that im saying anything wrong with that, but they can cheer louder

You look at any triple threat he's been in...

Cena v Edge v HHH

Cena v Edge v Angle

Cena v Angle v HHH

He's taking the spot every time.

Also, he does get a response, but when you get booed out of the arena as much as he does, it doesnt matter. Also from all the events i ve been to 70% of his cheers are from kids and ladies, not that im saying anything wrong with that, but they can cheer louder

CENASUXCOKLOL.

He's no worse than about 60% of the WWE's actual roster in the ring. He's been fairly victimized, since WWE have pushed him hard, despite it backfiring, many times. There's nothing really more to it.

Up until a while ago he was WWE Champion, there's no way he'd not be included. Arguing the points for his exlusion are futile.

Besides, the CAWs are supposed to be the best yet, and (depending on your creation talents) can look very authentic. I seen quite a few CAWs for the last game that looked like they were actually a part of the game. And with the 360 Live capability there's no telling what THQ could cook up in terms of CAW enhancing.

I just hope they'll let us edit who appears in season mode. I hate it when guys who left the company years ago pop up constantly in season. And I always feel a bit weird fighting Eddie Guerrero in a casket match. There was one SmackDown game that allowed you to assign people to rosters (including taking out in-game characters, or moving brands, or adding CAWs to rosters).

It would be cool if we could edit the in-game wrestlers' stats to reflect reality, but I highly doubt they would let us do that.

Edge is better, and I friggin' hate Cena, but him being a top dog in RAW is simply smart business. Anyone with a brain, eyes and hell, with ears can see that.

Cena's merchandise sells like condoms during mating season, he gets bigger pops than anyone else, and sometimes gets two gigantous pops on one show, and he is charasmatic, and goddamnit he is not all that bad in the ring.

Sure, i hate the guy, one good reason that my girlfriend has major crush factor on him and that everyone in my school hates whoever he faces, whatever the time, but WWE is being smart in putting Cena as they're head figure. When this Cena, Mysterio and Batista generation has passed, we will be looking back and thinking how great he was.

All the things wrong with this statement:

Mark Henry is a waste of roster space? He's been main eventing since December... why the fuck wouldn't he be in? People would be bitching up a storm if he wasn't.

Umaga has been a consistent midcarder on RAW who holds victories over Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, John Cena, and Triple H... again, why shouldn't he be there?

Great Khali was involved in a major feud with the icon of the WWE and was only recently pulled from television. You think marks don't want to recreate that feud on their PS2 or XBox? Remember, it aint just smarks that play wrestling games, that's why the divas are in there every year.

Viscera is on RAW damn near weekly.

You call Melina a waste of space, but you're glad Candice is in and wish Ashley was? Melina is THE diva of the WWE once Trish is gone, and she's far better in the ring than Candice or Ashley. And who doesn't want to give her entrance to Big Vis? :shifty:

Hardcore Holly is really the only odd inclusion out of those you listed, but with him making his return and playing a big role, it looks like the WWE had a little foresight in that one. It'll actually make the game accurate when it's out.

Say what you will about Melina, but they are grooming her to be the next big Diva. That whole confrontation with her telling Trish to "pass the torch" seemed like a bit of foreshadowing to me.

I'll agree that guys like Vis, Holly and Khali suck, but they've all been featured prominently on WWE programming at some point in the last three months. Umaga has really stepped it up and is getting pretty over, his exclusion would just be inexcusable.