Smackdown! VS RAW 2007

Guest Anti-Hero

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Belts look ridiculously better on the shoulder and most guys don't even wear them anymore, so that's cool. Although I'd love to see an option to wear the belt, put it on your shoulder, carry it like Austin, wear it around your neck like Buh Buh, or stuff it in your pants like Nitro.

And strange that they're using Show's old music... and I also bet they haven't bothered to update his finisher.

Edited by Zero

Bit dissapointed with the videos. Although it's pretty much all good, the fan reactions for the entrances are poor and so is the realism.

If Kane hits a chokeslam on RVD he should be down for the 3 count and not immediately get up. Why they just don't install that in the game is beyond me because it will probably frustrate me to no end.

Bit dissapointed with the videos. Although it's pretty much all good, the fan reactions for the entrances are poor and so is the realism.

If Kane hits a chokeslam on RVD he should be down for the 3 count and not immediately get up. Why they just don't install that in the game is beyond me because it will probably frustrate me to no end.

Guest Anti-Hero

I've always wanted to chain wrestle the Big Show :shifty:

EDIT: And they have to be the laziest people in the world to not bother changing Kane's secondary finisher to the Tombstone or something. He used that Powerbomb a handful of times FIVE YEARS AGO. Ditto for Big Show's "Final Cut".

Edited by Anti-Hero

Yeah I understand why he's there it just sucks. I'm a stickler for realism. With that being said I'm hoping for a engine rebuild for SVR08.

Why? There's nothing wrong with the Smackdown engine. Compare the first Smackdown to last year's, the engine can be tweaked enough to make it feel like something brand new. And I can understand being a stickler for realism, but there's only so much they can do with the time they have.

Unlike the Kane and Big Show coverage, im impressed. Only thing i don't like is the lack of the dress, it is clearly shown on the titantron and not to mention most of the signs regarding Vito make fun of his dresses...

Needles to say i enjoyed the videos, the graphics are good and the match with Murdoch that i saw looked quite impressive. And finally, allthough i think the crowd could be better it has improved since last years version. I like when someone hits his opponent the crowd make a reaction to it.

So far, i love it and im so happy that finally were getting the coverage we probably should of got atleast 2 weeks ago.

Yeah I understand why he's there it just sucks. I'm a stickler for realism. With that being said I'm hoping for a engine rebuild for SVR08.

Why? There's nothing wrong with the Smackdown engine. Compare the first Smackdown to last year's, the engine can be tweaked enough to make it feel like something brand new. And I can understand being a stickler for realism, but there's only so much they can do with the time they have.

That's not the engine though, that's just lazy programming (surprise surprise from THQ/Yukes). All those problems can be fixed, the not staying down long enough was adjusted in Here Comes the Pain, the only problem then was you stayed down TOO long.

The reversal issue could be adjusted if they just added some more reversal animations, it would break up the monotony and not feel so tedious. Over-reversing is going to happen in any wrestling game because it's the simplest way to provide a challenge.

The sliders they added last year we're great and really helped it feel like it was more realistic. I just get tired of having every single move reversed if youre wrestling a high overall guy. You hit guys with some finishers and they just pop right back up.

Edited by jase12881

"Introducing... Triplllle H!

And.

Ric Flaaaair!"

Always hated that.

Hopefully Edge is better in this one (and I would think he would be since he's gotten a bigger push) since in '06 I seem to suck with him and he isn't so great (or maybe I'm just poor with him). I'm hoping for an 89.

Also, are the over-the-shoulder belts just for big guys or for everyone? I hated when you created someone and the belt was just floating around their waist if you won it.

Edited by Meepus

If the Elimination Chamber is being included this year, they damn well better fix the AI. What the fuck was that last year with all the computer guys constantly climbing the cage and jumping off? And then breaking up every single pin?

I enjoy the Smackdown series, and I've no doubt I'll have fun with this edition, but I really wish THQ/Yukes weren't so fucking lazy.

Anyone think its screwy that they have Chavo using the Gory Bomb AND Frog Splash, yet couldn't take the time to change Kane's second finisher to the Tombstone or do Big Show's Cobra Clutch Backbreaker?

(Not a big deal, really; can just go into their movesets and change Kane's secondary to the Tombstone and use the Cobra Clutch Bomb as a substitute for the Cobra Clutch Backbreaker, but still.....)

And yeah, I want to see what someone new looks like. Or at least someone most people will give a damn about (Chavo is okay, but why bother profiling Vito this early?).

Eh, I used the Double Arm Backbreaker as the substitute for Big Show's finisher on the last Smackdown Vs RAW....there's still a possibility that the new move could be a last minute change, who knows?

Not getting rid of that fucking Powerbomb for Kane is just ridiculous, though.