Smackdown! VS RAW 2007

Guest Anti-Hero

I'm quite pleased with the roster.

There aren't really any "surprising" inclusions, although Khali should be fun to mess around with. However I wonder what the hell they'll do with his moveset , heh.

And as for Shane and Vince being unplayable it kinda sucks, I wish they were unlockable extras or something.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The London/Kendrick thing has already been pointed out, but why is Vito in there without Nunzio? Vito didn't get his singles push until he started wearing the dress, when the roster was finalized he was still with Nunzio.

I love the inclusion of Helms, Kash, Psicosis, and Super Crazy though.

Batista, JBL, Randy Orton, The Big Show, Jillian Hall, Rey Mysterio, Bobby Lashley, Joey Mercury, Ric Flair, The Boogeyman, John Cena, Rob Van Dam, Booker T, Johnny Nitro, Shawn Michaels, Candice Michelle, Kane, Shelton Benjamin, Carlito, Ken Kennedy, Snitsky, Chavo Guerrero, Kid Kash, Super Crazy, Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle, Torrie Wilson, Chris Masters, Lance Cade, Trevor Murdoch, Daivari, Lita, Triple H, Edge, Mark Henry, Trish Stratus, Eugene, Matt Hardy, Umaga, Finley, Melina, The Undertaker, The Great Khali, Mickie James, Viscera, Gregory Helms, Paul Burchill, Vito, Hardcore Holly, Psicosis, William Regal
Edited by B-Rad

Personally, I'm sick of Hogan and Andre and many other of the legends, lets drop them for some new guys this year. I would like to see this list:

Owen Hart

Mr. Perfect

Bret Hart

Eddie Guerrero

Randy Savage

Ultimate Warrior

Mick Foley(Have 3 Faces of Foley like they did 3 Hogan's, that'd be ok, but not really wanted)

Razor Ramon

Ted Dibiase

Honky Tonk Man

Among many others I'd like to see. I'd like to see some different names every now and then.

I preordered this game from Amazon.com and wish it was time already. I'm hoping for a great experience with the new game for the 360 and the new control system sounds neat, but I have a feeling if possible on the 360 I'll switch to the old system.

Wow, the roster is out of date already. :ohwell:

How? As opposed to last year and the previous which were ridiculously out of date, this year's is fucking amazing. Let's take a look at the questionable inclusions:

JBL - Unfortunate injury led him to a quick retirement in June, can't really help that.

Joey Mercury - Obviously the roster was almost finalized when MNM was still together, but Mercury will be back soon, almost like the WWE had some foresight for a change.

The Boogeyman - injured, back soon.

Snitsky - A bit dated, yes.

Kid Kash - Too bad there's no Noble, but hey I'll take what I can get.

Chris Benoit - Hiatus

Kurt Angle - Just released.

Mark Henry - Injured

Paul Burchill - Questionable

Vito - Another strange inclusion, but appearing like the WWE once again had some foresight

Out of everyone on the roster, the only person not currently employed by the WWE is Kurt Angle, and he was just released, way too late to take him out. Everyone else that isn't a part of the WWE landscape right now is just injured and will likely be back by the time the game comes out. Of course guys like the Highlanders, Sabu, and Jeff Hardy came far too late to be added in. The only glaring omissions are the Spirit Squad (which as I pointed out earlier can't be done properly in the game), London & Kendrick (which is a bit perplexing), and Charlie Haas.

As opposed to last year, when we got guys who had been released, deactivated, or had their gimmicks drastically changed: Haas, Spike, Bashams, Conway, Hassan, Heidenreich, Scotty, Stevie, Sylvain, and Joy Giovanni.

On this roster, I see no drastic gimmick changes. The only release is Kurt Angle and the only deactivated wrestlers are Khali, JBL, Burchill and Snitsky.

Personally, I'm just glad guys like Khali and Umaga made it. They must've cut in fine in terms of the cut off date.

Don't count on being able to use them in Season though.

Edited by Zero

Personally, I'm just glad guys like Khali and Umaga made it. They must've cut in fine in terms of the cut off date.

Don't count on being able to use them in Season though.

Why?

They don't speak for one thing!

EDIT: Well... Speak in English anyway.

Edited by God-Awful

Guest Anti-Hero

Just looking over the roster, I concur with Zero. This roster has to be the best roster of a wrestling game this side of Smackdown 2. So long as the right guys are included as legends, this will be absolutely awesome. Can't wait to test out crowd fighting and balcony dives.

[Editor's Note: Since we originally published this story, THQ has since contacted IGN to inform us that the company had made an internal clerical error and announced the wrestler, "Eugene," by mistake. THQ regrets the slip-up and asked that we remove the personality from our list.]
Edited by WorldClassKast

I am sick of legends being in the game, they should be in a separate game and not take up the places of more worthy competitors. I'm sick of relying on CAWS for tag team champions, it's a joke. Hardcore Holly hadn't even been wrestling since October. I'm still waiting for Cena to start wrestling. So how are these two in it ahead of Kendrick and London, or Kenny and Mikey, or Armando

....what? You're saying you'd rather have midcarders in than John Cena, who's been the most consistent main event star in the WWE for the recent past? I'm sure you'd be complaining even more if Cena wasn't in there. Put down your smark card and realise how fucking ridiculous that statement is.

And how can you complain about Holly being in there when he hasn't wrestled since October, yet want Armando in there, who's NEVER wrestled a match on WWE TV?