Transfer Talk

Steeb

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carlos is past it. Chelsea are going to offer him a huge contract, and in all honesty, I think he'll flop.

That's exactly my thinking about this whole deal.

This is pretty much the only Mourinho signing that I'm really against. I trust his judgement (mostly, anyway) on players but this would be a huge mistake.

I hope I'm wrong but I really can't see it :/

Guest DirtyFoot

I'm not to happy with the Shevy thing, don't get me wrong I think he's a great player one of the Worlds best, but it's more of an Abramovich signing then a Mourinho one. On the other hand tho all of Mourinho signings have been suspect, so I suppose we'll just have to wait and see how it pans out.

Who do you support by the way? I seem to recall you saying somewhere that you're a Chelsea fan, and not being happy about signing Shevchenko? The guys behind only Henry and Ronaldinho in terms of being the best striker in the world, how can ya not be happy?

Roll up, roll up!

The big Old Lady of Turin sale! All talent going cheap! Anything to help them avoid total bankruptcy with their share prices hitting the floor!

Or, if they get relegated, the talent will all leave what with the usual 'relegation release' clauses that are generally sewn into contracts worth more than a million these days.

Who wants Trezeguet? Nedved's going cheap! Buffon, anybody?

Also, Chris Kirkland is also apparently sniffing about for somewhere he can play first-team football without breaking his back.

• Admin

Jamie Redknapp to come out of retirement.

He is? Has he signed for a club, or just announced it?

Djibril Cisse has revealed he would be tempted to leave Liverpool this summer if Marseille renew their interest in signing him.

The France striker was close to joining the Mediterranean giants in January, only for Liverpool to have a last-minute change of heart about the deal.

Cisse enjoyed the best spell of his Reds career in the second half of last season and it is thought manager Rafael Benitez is keen to hang on to him, but if the right offer is received from Marseille the 24-year-old is prepared to head back to France.

"I am ready to study any offer," he told La Provence.

"I have two favourite clubs in France, AJ Auxerre and OM, who have always made me dream. And I know that one day I will play at Marseille.

"We almost reached an agreement (in January) but Liverpool eventually decided to oppose the transfer.

"In Marseille people thought that I did not want to come but that was absolutely not the case."

José Mourinho has revealed Chelsea are willing to listen to offers for Hernan Crespo and Eidur Gudjohnsen.

Argentina striker Crespo has struggled to settle in London since his arrival from Internazionale in 2003 and is keen to return to Italy, where he spent the majority of his career.

Mourinho said: "I think he is with the Argentina team now. He didn't change one single word about his wish to move and we are still waiting for clubs with offers.

"If nobody comes with an offer that Chelsea are happy with and accept, he will have to stay with us."

Gudjohnsen was unable to hold down a regular starting place last season and the arrival of Michael Ballack from Bayern Munich has seen him slip further down the pecking order.

"The position with Eidur is that he is a great football player," said Mourinho.

"We want to keep him but we are open to speak with clubs about him if they show a real interest in him."

A number of Premiership managers are known to be keen to land the Iceland international and he is unlikely to be short of options if he wants to move on.

The Blues are also prepared to sell youngsters Carlton Cole, Glen Johnson, Robert Huth and Lenny Pidgeley, who have all failed to make an impact at first-team level.

Chelsea target Andriy Shevchenko has promised to make a decision about his future by the end of next week.

The Ukraine striker recently revealed he is keen to leave AC Milan, having scored 127 Serie A goals in his seven years at the San Siro.

Rossoneri officials are desperate for the 29-year-old to stay on and responded by offering him a two-year extension to his contract, which would keep him at the club until 2011.

Shevchenko is keen to end the uncertainty before the World Cup and told Gazzetta dello Sport: "I am evaluating (Milan's offer). I will return to Italy on the 24th or 25th (of May) and will meet them very soon.

"As I have said before, I have never stated that I have decided to go to Chelsea.

"I only said that I was evaluating that possibility for family reasons and to organise my future.

"I am evaluating every possibility. My time at Milan is special. The fans are special. And everyone in Milan is special."

Edited by Messiah-Dice

Lovenkrands agrees German switch

Peter Lovenkrands has rejected the opportunity to stay with Rangers and will move to German club Schalke 04.

The 26-year-old Danish forward, who moved to Ibrox six years ago for £1.3m from AB Copenhagen, leaves Glasgow under freedom of contract.

"Peter is left-footed, lightning quick and has an eye for goal. He will increase our options going forward," said Schalke manager Andreas Muller.

"Schalke is a big club where I want to win titles," added Lovenkrands.

The Dane, capped 14 times, has signed a three-year deal to keep him in Germany until June 2009.

"I spoke with Soren Larsen and Christian Poulsen (fellow Danes) about Schalke and what they told me helped me make the decision," added Lovenkrands.

The player, who can play wide or through the middle, bagged 18 goals this season - with four of those coming in Rangers' Champions' League run.

Spanish clubs Osasuna and Villarreal had also approached Lovenkrands.

Edited by Lost Soul

Thought I'd post some of the rumours going around up in here, with the aim of getting some discussion going.

Chelsea have paid Man Utd £10m for Nigerian 18-year-old John Obi Mikel, who is expected to sign a three-year deal at Stamford Bridge. (Star)

Ashley Cole will leave Arsenal for either Barcelona, Real Madrid or Chelsea after the World Cup, although he could cost £16m. (Mail)

Robert Pires has agreed a two-year, £5m deal to join Villarreal from Arsenal on a free transfer. (Sun)

Tottenham have increased their offer for Middlesbrough midfielder Stewart Downing to £7.5m. (Times)

Andrei Shevchenko will announce on Thursday whether he will leave Milan, with Chelsea confident they can land the Ukrainian for £34m. (Independent)

Portsmouth have their eyes on Liverpool's Jerzy Dudek and could offer £1.5m for the keeper. (Mirror)

Bury manager Chris Casper wants to take Man City goalie Kasper Schmeichel on a year-long loan. (Mirror)

West Ham are close to signing Newcastle's Lee Bowyer, who played 11 games at Upton Park in 2003. (Times)

Billy Davies thought he had been offered the Charlton manager's job but they are also interested in Iain Dowie and Colchester's Phil Parkinson. (Sun)

Wigan have outbid Everton, meeting Chelsea's £5.5m valuation for defender Robert Huth. (Mirror)

Cardiff have told Birmingham to double their original £1.5m offer for striker Cameron Jones. (Sun)

Ipswich have been given permission by Northampton to talk to manager Colin Calderwood. (Mirror)

Spurs and Celtic have both inquired about former Brazil star Denilson, currently at Bordeaux. (Guardian)

Spurs have upped their offer for Wigan right back Pascal Chimbonda to £4.5m plus goalie Radek Cerny. (Telegraph)

Keith Alexander is set to take over as Peterborough manager after leaving Lincoln City. (Mirror)

Chelsea are likely to repel a bit from Galatasaray for utility player Geremi, who is keen to stay in London. (Times)

West Ham are in talks to sign Argentine midfielder Aldo Duscher - rated at £4m - from Deportivo La Coruna. (Sun)

Marco di Vaio says he has turned down an offer from Liverpool and wants to stay at AS Monaco. (Times)

Newcastle have declined their first option on injury-plagued Real Madrid defender Jonathan Woodgate. (Sun)

Lee Hendrie is resigned to leaving Aston Villa, with Portsmouth, Sheffield Utd and Watford interested. (Express)

Celtic have missed out on an audacious attempt to re-sign legendary striker Henrik Larsson. (Daily Record)

Laurent Robert says he has not signed for Galatasaray - paving the way for a bid from Rangers. (Daily Record)

Middlesbrough have basically told Spurs to get lost as Downing's not for sale.

West Brom have rejected a £3.5m bid from Spurs for Curtis Davies.

Edgar Davids is keen to go back to Ajax and they're keen to have him apparently.

A friend told me some newspaper had reported Spurs making an offer for Gareth Barry, but I'm not sure on its reliability.

Just thought I'd update you all with some Spurs news :P

Ashley Cole, if he has his way, won't leave. He was asked whether he wants to be alongside Thierry Henry at the Emirates next season and he said "definetly". Whether you wanna take it as fact or not it depends, personally I want him to stay because he's the best left-back in the world, but it all comes down to how the board and Wenger feels because they guy did to talk to Chelsea behind their backs.

Middlesbrough have basically told Spurs to get lost as Downing's not for sale.

West Brom have rejected a £3.5m bid from Spurs for Curtis Davies.

Edgar Davids is keen to go back to Ajax and they're keen to have him apparently.

A friend told me some newspaper had reported Spurs making an offer for Gareth Barry, but I'm not sure on its reliability.

Just thought I'd update you all with some Spurs news :P

I've heard about you guys being after Barry too.

Fuck off, cunts. <_<