World Cup 2006

Dan

ah thanks guys. Actually think I could start to like soccer...digging this game so far

Guest Koupa Troopa

Ohhhhhh, Perotta might be done. That was a nasty one.

Dukes, Lippi isn't stupid. Toni did shit all so he figured no one is going to die and put on Iaquinta. Perotta got raped in the back and so he'll have to tough it out.

Edited by Koupa Troopa

Offsides is a stupid fucking rule. If teams played defense, you wouldn't need that shitty rule.

Played defense? That's exactly what defending is.

Otherwise players would just stand on the goal line, a la the fat kid at school, and it would be gay.

As long as they don't initiate contact with the goalkeeper, it should be allowed.

Thats why Americans don't like the game, it has stupid fucking rules that don't make any sense. You can't get behind the defense? Thats fucking stupid, and takes away any speed/athletic advantage the offensive team may have.

This ITV coverage is a disgrace. You have him shouting "EQUALISER!" when the ball went in the net to put USA 2-1 up before it was ruled offside. Then David Pleat harping on about 4-2-3, when the USA only have nine men, and at half time they were saying that England shouldn't risk Lampard, Gerrard and Crouch because of the risk of them getting a second yellow card of the tournament, oblivious to the fact that yellow cards are wiped out after the group stage.

And come on USA, Bruce Arena is entertaining on the touchline, and he's clearly getting frustrated if my lip-reading is any good.

Guest Koupa Troopa

Perotta even being a pylon is a help to Italy, fair yellow on Zamby there.

I'd be hilarious if McBride headed it and busted himself open again.

Edited by Koupa Troopa