World Cup 2006

Dan

Guest Bosstown Boy

Well, a draw is what I wanted despite my hopes getting up for a win. Now we have to beat Ghana on Thursday, and I cannot wait for that match.

I was surprised at the number of offsides on Italy, and I strongly believe that this referee won't be in another match in this World Cup.

Good match Italy, can't wait for Thursday.

Guest Koupa Troopa

Ghana are going to give you a run for your money are also mroe likely to win Asamoah or no Asamoah.

Ghana impressed the Hell out of me today, but which one will show up? Italy Ghana or Czech Ghana? Guess you could say the same for the US.

I've had the offsides rule explained to me better, and while I still don't like the rule as a whole, it isn't as bad as I originally thought. I still think the game would do better in the US if the rule was abolished, although I see the need to keep attackers from sitting in the offensive zone, or however you're supposed to put it :P.

I think that, all things considered, this was about as good a result as we could have got out of this game.

Guest Koupa Troopa

What do people think of the Us chances against Ghana? It'll be a really interesting final game. Not even sure that Italy can beat the Czechs...

I want to see Czech Republic and Ghana go through....so both of them to win their final matches would do me nicely. Problem is that the Czechs are missing their 3 main strike options.

USA were good today...I always thought they could get a result against Italy, and they proved me right.

I wasnt able to see the last 10 min. cause I had to go to a grad party but I am semi-happy that the US could pull out the draw. The fact that we played a man down for the last half basically and still had a ton of chances showed that they could play alot better then they did against the Czechs, when they had basically very few chances with 11 guys. Not really sure why Arena didnt put Johnson in, or start him for that matter he was the only one that was putting effort in against the Czechs so I thought Arena would give him the nod, he would have also gave some pace up top when the Italians were starting to wear down. I wish Arena would have also kept in Dempsey or Convey cause from what I saw they were haveing good games getting down field and giving the team chances.

I am glad that the draw atleast give us somewhat of a chance to advance but now we know that if we do we will be going in secound of the group and likely facing Brazil, which altough a game I would really love to see, I know Brazil is miles ahead of the US, so no repeat of going to the quarters again for the US no matter what IMO.

Having figured it out, if Italy wins, and the US wins, Italy and US go through.

If the Czechs win, the US needs to win, AND make up 5 goals on Italy just to tie Italy in goal differential.

I like the first scenario better. Go Italy.

Having figured it out, if Italy wins, and the US wins, Italy and US go through.

If the Czechs win, the US needs to win, AND make up 5 goals on Italy just to tie Italy in goal differential.

I like the first scenario better. Go Italy.

Italy and Czech could also draw, one point each. If the US won all they'd need is a better goal difference than Czech.