World Cup 2006

Dan

Craig Moore~! He's Australian/Scottish. :)

I have this down as 4-1 to Brazil, but I want the Aussies to do well. I don't know why, it's not like they don't have other sports they're good at.

Shane Warne in the ITV studio was hilarious though.

Guest Bosstown Boy

Haha, the announcer on ABC:

"Even the President has got on Ronaldo as to whether he is too fat."

"He has a couple extra pounds."

1) I want the Australian to lose badly and go out.

2) I want Japan to go through.

To make 2 anywhere NEAR possible Aus have to beat Brazil and then Japan have to take the chance in a million and actually BEAT Brazil, then the disappointing Brazil go out.

I'm in a quandry.

To be fair, Ronaldo was never slim. He has a wide frame, and a strong body, which is why he could stay on his feet when defenders would fly in at him in desperate attempts to stop him. He's not as pacy as he used to be, but he's older now, that's to be expected. I think the criticisms have got to him, he had a poor season at Real Madrid, and he's no longer the star of Brazil.

It'd be a damn shame if this was his last World Cup appearance. He just needs more self-belief, it's as if he isn't trying because he thinks it won't matter.

Anyone else like Australia in these navy blue kits? It looks badass, it almost looks like a New Zealand kit.

I've gotta say I'm well impressed with the Australian performance so far. We've created a few very good attacking opportunities (it's a real pity that Kewell isn't there to take them - as Culina is, well, hopeless) and our defence has been a lot better than it was against Japan.

Bring on the second half. All we need is a draw!