42 members have voted

1. 1. What's the bigger screwjob?

• Montreal 1997
    • Lisbon 2004

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brett Hull scoring the Stanley Cup winning goal in the crease during game 6 of the 1999 NHL Stanley Cup finals. This was back when the crease rule was still in effect. Its not like it was hard to pick out or anything, it was so damn obvious. Regardless, the Dallas Stars won the game and the series over the Buffalo Sabres in a true heart breaker. The crease rule was thrown out of the league the following season. Now that is a screw job.

The 'Tuck Rule' 2001. Oakland would have gone to the Super Bowl, and probably won, since they were better then New England.

He tucked the ball dammit!! :shifty: ok maybe not, but as a pats fan, i dont really mind the screwjob.

what exactly happened to piss all the england fans off?

He tucked the ball dammit!! :shifty: ok maybe not, but as a pats fan, i dont really mind the screwjob.

We scored a goal in the dying minutes of the game that would have put us through to the semi final and made us clear favourites for the tournament but the referee disallowed the goal for no clear reason.

There is a rule in international soccer that sais that the goaly has to be protected in the goal area (smal box right infront of the goal) - protected means, and i antended this rule apling like this live several times and saw it several times used on TV, that the goaly just cannot be blocked on his way to the ball in the goal area, intentionaly ore unintentionaly, by anny player of the oposid team.

In England however this rule either dossent exist ore never gets enforced so English fans have no clue about it at all and after learning that it exists started making up wirred fantasy ideas of how it MUST be used (even if it always has been used as it was used in this game), England did not Win because of this rule apling (and this can be proven right 100% by the video of the game, and was considert 100% right by several anouncers and ref. experts on TV - including a corospondend of BBC world (english based station) who said 99.9% of the times such a goal internationaly is disalowed) so now the reffere from Switzerland (Urs Meier, whom is rated 3 best reffere of the world right now behind Colina and Merk) was conspiring against england becaus England has beaten Switzerland 3:0 in the groupstages of this tournament sinc english fans (like usual as it seems) just cannot belive that their team is physicaly able to loose (and yes you can become 3 best football reffere of the world even wen you are biased against every team that is doing annything to a swis team)

My Point on this however dossent count, sinc i am german and all germans hate English people (wich is why i am here als the time, i just hate you all) especialy sinc england beat German in a frindship (i think, might have been qualification as well) game 5:1 - it dossent matter that i always said that i give shit about the german national team and that this can be proven sinc i even wrote that again in the Euro topic several weeks before the Tournament startet.

Therfore i am an Evil German Troll without a Point that is oly tring to make look england bad, wich of cause issent posible with a team that allways plays twice as good as Barca and Real Madrit combined on their best day out of the last 10 years, wich just proves their Point in them only being able to loose by outside interference.

In other news they want me Warned ore better banned for for having this Point, to strengthen the ban needed some even called me Hitler and Nazi (making me suporter of massmurder of millions of people - not to speak of anny other rasistic comments towards me) sinc that is . . . well, uhm, i actually have no idea why, and all sarcassem betwen the lines aside, this proves even more that they will try to kill everything that dossent agree with their england was "FUCKING ROBBED" theory no matter how harsh they do it, this also proves that they will not even consider thinking about that it might have been right even the slightest bit.

We scored a goal in the dying minutes of the game that would have put us through to the semi final and made us clear favourites for the tournament but the referee disallowed the goal for no clear reason.

To be fair there was good reason - John Terry was viewed to impede Ricardo, something which, particually on the continent, is not allowed. As I said earlier, get over it, sometimes things happen. To call it a screwjob is a fucking joke - everyone isn't going to agree with the referee. We played shit and deserved to lose.