The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

Man, I like Miles and all but still fuck killing off Peter. There was so much left to do with Peter and all the characters around him.

Screenshot_20181006-071128.png

Is this the actual start of this series? The blurb makes it feel like it's not.

1 hour ago, Jasonmufc said:

There's a 4 issue mini-series called 'Mary Jane' that apparently precedes it. From 2004

Yeah, I found it. Mary Jane and Mary Jane homecoming.

It's actually pretty neat to see a Spider-Man story from Mary Jane's perspective.

I'm back to musing over getting Marvel Unlimited now that I have a tablet that will be able to use it much easier than my older one.

I guess it, like anything, depends on the amount of reading I'll do with it, but as I haven't looked at it for a good couple of years or so, is the back catalogue still really good? As in, do they continue to add things, plug gaps, etc?

45 minutes ago, Liam said:

I'm back to musing over getting Marvel Unlimited now that I have a tablet that will be able to use it much easier than my older one.

I guess it, like anything, depends on the amount of reading I'll do with it, but as I haven't looked at it for a good couple of years or so, is the back catalogue still really good? As in, do they continue to add things, plug gaps, etc?

They do add things consistently, plug gaps in the back catalog and more. There's also an email address they have up on their site for you to send suggestions for things that are missing.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

They do add things consistently, plug gaps in the back catalog and more. There's also an email address they have up on their site for you to send suggestions for things that are missing.

Cheers. One last thing - is it easy enough to navigate/follow story arcs and that kinda thing?

1 minute ago, Liam said:

Cheers. One last thing - is it easy enough to navigate/follow story arcs and that kinda thing?

They do a really good job of putting together collections for full stories. I tend to just read through entire runs, so I do get frustrated when I go to look at a book, and then notice that a bunch of it is missing, but like I said, there's that suggestions email address.

They tend to have a good amount of collections up at all times though, and for major arcs that span multiple different books, I'm not sure if there is a way to cruise through the story chronologically if there isn't a collection, but I've been using the Marvel Wikia page, which has lists for all major events of which issues to read from what books, and in the proper order.

Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane was really nice. There needs to be more though. It leaves so much unresolved.

Marvel Zombies Return is dumb. Giant Man and Wolverine had beat the hunger. There was zero reason for them to feed.

Oh, speaking of Marvel Zombies, I really have always loved the rumor that "Superman" was supposed to start the plauge because Sentry was drawn like a recolor of Superman, had a Superman logo shaped hole in his uniform and he punched through the dimensional barrier like Superman has before.

http://www.oafe.net/blog/2007/10/marvel-zombies-who-started-the-plague/

mz3.jpg

4848beacdfbd9c60d602b4ab4110bf5d.jpg

Though if you think about it Superman could probably fly up close to the sun and purge a zombie virus from his body.

This latest blow in the life of Batman’s ward prompted an audience member to ask DiDio directly why he hates Dick Grayson. DiDio has been pretty open about putting Nightwing through the ringer for years, revealing plans to kill of Dick Grayson in initial Infinite Crisis pitches. In a nutshell, DiDio’s negative view towards Dick Grayson is over the fact that while Grayson has aged and grown along with readers, Bruce Wayne/Batman has essentially stayed the same age. The fear for DiDio is that they’ll eventually have to tell the story where where Dick Grayson is older than Bruce Wayne, resulting in another member suggesting to simply retire Batman. “Let Batman be Happy!” was another sentiment shouted from the audience to applause.

While the legacy and generational of certain characters like Flash is a much beloved aspect of the DC Universe, there are concerns that over time that characters who assume the mantle of their predecessors eventually become too similar, with DiDio pointing to Barry Allen and Wally West as an example.

I cant sleep :P

Even outside of the Ultimate Universe and stories where he's infected with a plauge doesn't The Hulk still eat people sometimes? I feel like he does but I'm not sure.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2018 at 02:57, =BK= said:

Even outside of the Ultimate Universe and stories where he's infected with a plauge doesn't The Hulk still eat people sometimes? I feel like he does but I'm not sure.

Not that I am aware of. But there are too many multiple personalities, so I wouldn't be surprised at if one did.

14 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

Not that I am aware of. But there are too many multiple personalities, so I wouldn't be surprised at if one did.

I thought of another. In Old Man Logan he eats Wolverine and gets ripped open for it.