The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

Found a cool Justice League book on Comixology today. It was called "Justice League: The Nail" I am only on part 2 of 3 but it's an alternate reality where the day the Kents found Clark in the field they instead get a flat tire and stay home. So it shows the world without Superman. Very crazy so far. I don't want to get too into because of spoilers but it's a cool read.

Found a cool Justice League book on Comixology today. It was called "Justice League: The Nail" I am only on part 2 of 3 but it's an alternate reality where the day the Kents found Clark in the field they instead get a flat tire and stay home. So it shows the world without Superman. Very crazy so far. I don't want to get too into because of spoilers but it's a cool read.

I read that story recently, good read. You should pick up the sequel, Another Nail as well.

Anybody know if The Astonishing X-Men is any good? I got issues 1-4 from my mother today for my birthday, wonderful lady still supports my comic book addiction after all these year.

I got the first six books, the first five have been good, but with the five book, they changed writers/art work, doesn't look as good. Haven't read the sixth yet, but yeah, I'd recommend it. I heard it starts getting real bad pretty soon though.

Anybody know if The Astonishing X-Men is any good? I got issues 1-4 from my mother today for my birthday, wonderful lady still supports my comic book addiction after all these year.

I got the first six books, the first five have been good, but with the five book, they changed writers/art work, doesn't look as good. Haven't read the sixth yet, but yeah, I'd recommend it. I heard it starts getting real bad pretty soon though.

Dang, that's pretty disappointing but at least it seems to have had a good run.

I'm sort of annoyed that Ig Guara isn't doing the art for Blue Beetle anymore. I mean, it's great that he's going to improve another title I read, but switching after only eight issues bodes ill, even if it wasn't one of the six comics that was cancelled.

Are we thinking of the same Astonishing Xmen? All the Joss stuff was brilliant.

I agree. The Astonishing X-Men that Joss Whedon penned back in 2004 (?) was amazing, amazing stuff. I would definitely check that out. However, I think they do now have two different X-Men set now. One being Astonishing and the other being Uncanny. Never read those.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How do you pronounce the word omnibus? I want to ask about something at my local shop on Wednesday and don't want to look dumb.

It's pronounced

bigassbookwithlotsawordsandpictures

How do you pronounce the word omnibus? I want to ask about something at my local shop on Wednesday and don't want to look dumb.

Om. Knee. Bus.

Also, just got the first two issues of The Stand. Absolutely love the art in these.

So, I took a very rare trip to my local comic book shop to buy issue #1 of Dial H, because it was written by one of my favourite authors, China Mieville.

Dial H #1 was a lot of fun, and I'll be buying #2 and the rest of the first story arc at least.

True story.