The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

I've actually added titles. I've enjoyed most of what I've been reading, including a few of the fringe titles like Resurrection Man.

Yeah, I think my overall interest in DC has increased. I'm still really enjoying Batman, Action Comics, Animal Man, Swamp Thing, and Frankenstein, while books like Aquaman, JLI, and All-Star Western are a lot of fun, if not necessarily classics in the making. I mean, before the reboot, I wasn't super enthusiastic about much at DC, outside of Secret Six and T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents.

Animal Man, Swamp Thing, and Justice League Dark are the only three that I have any real interest in at all. That's not true, I am tempted to get the Wonder Woman trade. Azzarello and Chiang just screams out to me READ ME. Curious Srar, what three are you still reading?

Trying to think of the DC titles I've got on my list... in no particular order: Batman, Detective Comics, Action Comics, Superman, Nightwing, Batgirl, Resurrection Man, Blue Beetle, Red Hood & The Outlaws, Teen Titans, Supergirl, Green Lantern, Green Lantern: New Guardians, Green Lantern Corps, JLI, Ravagers, Batman & Robin, Batwing, and Red Lanterns. And going through the list, I just realized the shop I use forgot to give me this week's Batman.

Since I've introduced the wife to Buffy/Angel on DVD, I decided to dive back into the comics despite Season 8 leaving a bad taste in my mouth and Angel: After the Fall flat out failed to hold my interest.

But I've been pleasantly surprised with Buffy Season 9. Without spoiling too much, they've stripped the series down to basics, and in a way, they've simplified it down to levels not seen in the Buffyverse since Season 2. That's not to say simple is necessarily better, but after they tried (and failed often) to make Season 8 so big and "epic" since they were no longer held back by budgets, it's a breath of fresh air. I'm not too far in yet, but I like what I've seen.

Angel & Faith is bloody fantastic though. They've nailed the characters voices perfectly and the story could've easily been a season of the TV show and it definitely would've been better than Season 4 of Angel. :shifty:

I've fallen way behind on my books, but I'm glad I dove back in on the two series that got me back into comics in the first place.

• Like 1

Angel & Faith is bloody fantastic though. They've nailed the characters voices perfectly and the story could've easily been a season of the TV show and it definitely would've been better than Season 4 of Angel. :shifty:

Christos Gage is an amazing writer. You should really pick up the first trade of Avengers Academy and see what you think.

I buy Avengers Academy, Thunderbolts, and The Walking Dead and that's it. I was buying Daredevil but then they did a crossover with Spider-Man where I had to buy an issue of Spider-Man and I was like "no, I'm good."

League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Century 2009 (the last "true" League book) is due out any day now.

I've been wondering for a while exactly how League can be brought into near-enough present day; what contemporary fictions Alan Moore could possibly tie into his already incredibly complicated and convoluted backstory. And literally the most obvious one never even occurred to me. The entirety of Century 1969, and part of 1910 and, hell, maybe even the previous books and I just didn't noitce, had been building up to the birth of the Antichrist.

Who it turns out is basically Harry Potter. This is going to be delightfully bonkers.

I only just started collecting TPBs so currently I only get New Avengers. What I've read of Avengers Academy from Fear Itself I really liked though, but it seems like it'd be a hassle to collect another series that's already 28 issues in. I'll probably try and collect the entirety of AvX as this is the first one I'll be reading that's still currently running and can't be torrented.

Avenger's Academy seems pretty good from the three issues I read, but I could not add another book to my box. I already had way too much and had to cancel some due to how much it was costing. Def a book I would look into getting the TPB in the future though.

Avengers Academy is really good. I was pissed that I had to start reading it because X-23 moved there but the book is just amazing. I went back and got all the old issues.

Did you get the TPBs or the collected editions? I don't really love getting the collected editions but I might pick those up instead for the first few.

Alright, I just got Volume 1: Permanent Record. £10, not bad. I can get the collections up to #26 and start buying the TPBs from there.

I buy Avengers Academy, Thunderbolts, and The Walking Dead and that's it. I was buying Daredevil but then they did a crossover with Spider-Man where I had to buy an issue of Spider-Man and I was like "no, I'm good."

Was that the three part crossover into Punisher too? I'm about to get Waid's first two trades of Daredevil, and I'm worried. I hear how great they are, but man I really prefer my Matt Murdock/Daredevil to be all depressed and beaten down. Bendis, Brubaker, hell I even liked Diggle's Shadowland arc, not to mention Mliller, Chichester, Nocenti, O'Neil were all basically this way. I fear I won't like jokey happier Daredevil.

Oh hell yes. I'm in the midst of back-collecting the series though. I'm up to #32 I believe and the book is fantastic. I've got the local shop holding the current issues for me and I'll be them as I get to them. They're helping me catch up on the issues so ...

Oh hell yes. I'm in the midst of back-collecting the series though. I'm up to #32 I believe and the book is fantastic. I've got the local shop holding the current issues for me and I'll be them as I get to them. They're helping me catch up on the issues so ...

All the way back to the very beginning? When it was bu Busiek and Bagely?