The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

For early era Marvel artists, I recommend Werner Roth. He worked on some early issues of X-Men, amongst other things. 

Kirby was better at laying out panels and depicting action than he was at actually drawing, I think. But he's still one of the greats.

• 3 weeks later...

Stolen question  from Reddit: Who is the most well known black Superhero right now? It's gotta be Cyborg or John Stewart, right? Maybe still Spawn but I don't think half the people who recognize Spawn know that he's a black man. 

Edit:Storm. I forgot Storm. Surely she's above Spawn now.

Edited by Kirkland

Right now, I'm facepalming big time over what DC has done with Batman. But, even more than that, I am not a fan of how Marvel's version of doing more racial diversification is to replace existing characters with people from other races, rather than just introducing brand new characters. I like what they did with turning Carol Danvers into the new Captain Marvel when they replaced her as Ms. Marvel, but I am not happy at all with what they've done with Steve Rogers and Logan. And I thought the identity of the new Thor was very much a cop out, going with the way too obvious choice.

Apparently, the next character being replaced is going to be....

The Hulk. Amadeus Cho is going to be getting big and green. Strangely, this actually intrigues me, unlike all the other replacements.

So...how long until Tony Stark is replaced by someone Japanese as Iron Man?

Edited by GhostMachine
Left something out

X-23 as the new Wolverine is a perfect passing of the torch. Logan will be back of course but that's just comics.

I'll take him over Jimmy Hudson. At least he had a personality. 

Stolen question  from Reddit: Who is the most well known black Superhero right now? It's gotta be Cyborg or John Stewart, right? Maybe still Spawn but I don't think half the people who recognize Spawn know that he's a black man. 

Edit:Storm. I forgot Storm. Surely she's above Spawn now.

If you're talking mainstream rather than with people who're into these things, it's Storm or Falcon. Cyborg and John Stewart have basically zero presence outside of a few cartoons over a decade ago.

Teen Titans is on the air now. He's been on TV for a long time now.

Ebay is the easiest most likely.  Maybe you can get in contact with K or someone and see if you could offer them up to some of the collectors on here?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

GOT MY BOOKS BACK !!!!!!!!!!!

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/q84/s720x720/11918961_10207623711420283_4905299233295643303_n.jpg?oh=9b29a2ebd757f3deff8ea91f83cd3481&oe=567D38CA

11904640_10207623711940296_9177809100065

11885403_10207623712860319_3356608679929

Damn! That Cap set you back some. It's a good comic, got one myself, not in that good of condition though.

• Like 1

Ebay is the easiest most likely.  Maybe you can get in contact with K or someone and see if you could offer them up to some of the collectors on here?

Damn! That Cap set you back some. It's a good comic, got one myself, not in that good of condition though.

I got lucky .... snagged it around Christmas time two years ago which was right before it picked up more steam ... even with the grading/shipping/insurance added to the book cost, I'm still sitting pretty on it (though, at the time I was going .... 'oh boy' when I made the purchase) and the grade coming back as an 8 sent me well into the green on it.  I just hit at the right time and squeaked out a deal.  

I'm almost 100 pages into Garth Ennis' Preacher: Book One and for all the praise I've heard about the series it just strikes me as such a product of it's time. A lot of the language used is so "we're swearing, look how edgy we are." Really not finding the substance I was expecting from this book, but I guess I'll keep reading to see if it gets better.

For reference, they just found out Cassidy is a vampire, which seemed the logical conclusion based on what they were hinting at for him but the reveal fell so flat with me.

I got lucky .... snagged it around Christmas time two years ago which was right before it picked up more steam ... even with the grading/shipping/insurance added to the book cost, I'm still sitting pretty on it (though, at the time I was going .... 'oh boy' when I made the purchase) and the grade coming back as an 8 sent me well into the green on it.  I just hit at the right time and squeaked out a deal.  

Kudos to you, sir. I do the same thing with baseball cards. Slyly look for deals on ebay, snipe them at the last second, send them out for grading, count the cash. Muah Ha Ha Ha Ha!!! :D

• Like 1

I'm almost 100 pages into Garth Ennis' Preacher: Book One and for all the praise I've heard about the series it just strikes me as such a product of it's time. A lot of the language used is so "we're swearing, look how edgy we are." Really not finding the substance I was expecting from this book, but I guess I'll keep reading to see if it gets better.

Hidden Content

I tend to find that with a lot of Ennis' work. Fury Max is the epitome of "so edgy" content, with Nick Fury needing like FIVE BLONDES TO FUCK YEAH because he's such a badass. It leaves a lot to be desired...

If you're looking for something more in line with the Max print for example, I'd suggest checking out Jason Aaron's run of Punisher: Max. It's one of the few "mature" comics I've read that are actually a good read.

• Like 4

Kudos to you, sir. I do the same thing with baseball cards. Slyly look for deals on ebay, snipe them at the last second, send them out for grading, count the cash. Muah Ha Ha Ha Ha!!! :D

Baseball cards are worth money? Christopher has a ton at his parent's house. Are we rich now? :D 

Baseball cards are worth money? Christopher has a ton at his parent's house. Are we rich now? :D 

Honestly, depends on the year of the cards. Anything from the early 80's to today are pretty much worthless, minus specific cards of specific players. As you go back each year, each set of cards becomes worth more and more money, so if he has older cards from the 70's and earlier then yes you may be rich now; depending on how many you have.

Usually I'll look for certain cards that are either listed incorrectly or haven't yet reached their pricing potential. I'll pick those up at a cheap price, get them graded, and resell them. I've taken $3 cards, graded them, and flipped them for $100. I can't quit my jobs or anything, but it helps pay for fun times. :D