The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

Past Arrow(TV) and Green Arrow(Comics) spoilers below

My Green Arrow readthrough has made me dislike things in the show I had no issue with before.

Comic Shado was a badass and she was a better archer than Ollie even when Ollie was GA. She had her own big backstory and the show just used her as a way to make Slade go crazy. I also find it kinda weird they felt the need to change her nationality. She was Japanese in the book and that played into her Yakuza issues.

Eddie Fyers being a generic bad guy and getting killed on the island is a thing I really dislike now. Eddie became my favorite part of the GA books for a while. While he was a shitbag mercenary he basically became Ollie's best friend and changed so he could watch out for Connor when Ollie was gone. He was funny and did things GA wouldn't do.

I wish Thea wasn't the TV version of Mia. I've got no issue with Thea being a thing but I'd like to have them both. I just think HIV positive, former runaway child prostitute and drug addict turned Superhero is a better story than former spoiled rich party girl with a desert ninja dad turned Superhero. Maybe down the line we can still have Mia though. Nothing is stopping Ollie from meeting a girl with a similar name as his sister who has that past.

Now I'm gonna share a couple favorite pages I've seen

http://imgur.com/a/gpt0G

• 2 weeks later...

You ever get so caught up in reading something that you get behind your monthly books? I've got at least ten to twelve of my normal books buuuuut I've also got the run sofar of New 52 Green Arrow and a early 2000's volume of Teen Titans here too.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd not been massively paying attention to artists and writers during my Marvel marathon (other than not finding Jack Kirby as fantastic as I expected), but the jarring change when Jim Steranko leaves Nick Fury is horrible. He's fantastic and so unlike anyone else at the time.

So, anyone read "Johnny the homicidal maniac"? It's being suggested to me because I thought the new Invader Zim book looked good.

It's a bit of a different tone from Zim. A lot more murder, obviously, but there's also a supernatural element in the books. Demons, angels, heaven, hell, monsters, etc. All black-and-white, too, if that's a turn-off.

I've been reading Manga since age 12. I can deal with B&W. :P

I read it. It was interesting and a pretty fun read. 

I'd not been massively paying attention to artists and writers during my Marvel marathon (other than not finding Jack Kirby as fantastic as I expected), but the jarring change when Jim Steranko leaves Nick Fury is horrible. He's fantastic and so unlike anyone else at the time.

Steranko is top 5 ever in my book.

I've got an amazing opportunity to go back in to what I love (opening a live music venue) and am raising coin.

Where is good to sell a comic collection? I'm not desperate to sell, but I've literally sold loads of things like clothes, records, toys, models, dvd's, musical equipment etc. etc. and this is probably the last of my "collector" stuff that I would want to sell.

Kevin Smith style.