The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

26 minutes ago, Kirkland said:

Am I the only one that really likes the black Daredevil costume that was around fora bit in the 90's?

Daredevil-Armored-Black-and-Red-Costume.

I often see it get lumped in with some of ridiculous costumes that were around in the 90's and I don't think it belongs. I just think it looks really cool.

That looks so badass

• 3 weeks later...

I'm interested in Blue Marvel. Anyone know much about him? I did a bit of Googling but I can't just find a list of things he's been in. From scaning paragraphs I gather he had his own mini and appeared in Mighty Avengers. Anything else?

1 hour ago, Kirkland said:

I'm interested in Blue Marvel. Anyone know much about him? I did a bit of Googling but I can't just find a list of things he's been in. From scaning paragraphs I gather he had his own mini and appeared in Mighty Avengers. Anything else?

According to his page at marvel.wikia.com, he's had only 41 appearances.

• Like 1

One of the new variant covers of Harley Quinn #23 might be my new favorite Harley cover.

U23K2uF.jpg

Though there is an upcoming one that looks great too.

ttSFhca.jpg

Did anyone else enjoy the Clone Saga or was it just me? I got it when it was re-printed in the UK books and I thought it was really fun.

On the same note, I loved the Scarlett Spider and then his run as Spider-Man. I was a huge fan of the costume as well. Wish Marvel Unlimited would make that whole run available.

Anyone heard of/read Ringside? It's a new book published by Image Comics and it's a wrestling one but it just focuses on the life of a retired pro and all the stuff he's had to deal with in his later life because of Wrestling (kinda like The Wrestler). I've read the first two issues that are out so far and it's okay I guess.

Edited by FrostyPickle_3:16

• 2 weeks later...

I've recently exploded in my love for Francesco Francavilla's art .... I mean I've loved it sense I first saw it, but holy hell is this serious now.  I'm searching it all out, whether I care about the comic itself or not.  I'm now in search of his MONDO posters.

• Like 1

So i have a comic book question, im looking to start reading comic books and im curious if all the major events in the Marvel comics like Civil War and House Of M etc are easy to get your hands on or if they are lots of money now since they have been out for awhile? I don't know anything about Comic Books but i would really like to read some of the best ones, same with some of the popular Batman Comics, but like i said i don't know if i can just go to a comic book store and buy these or if they are hard to come by and lots of money now? Anyone have any advice?

Check your library. Big events, storylines and runs get published as collection s afterwards and are easy to find.

Edit:Checked Amazon. A paperback trade/collection of Civl War is 15 bucks. It's obviously way more expensive to collect the singles.

Edited by Kirkland

Yeah, most events (especially the bigger ones) tend to go cheap on Amazon or other sites, as long as you're not looking for sealed/mint collections, it's not hard to find what you're looking for.

A bunch of people here also have a Marvel Unlimited subscription, and unless you're looking for the newest issues (they have a 6-9 month release schedule on MU) they have practically every old Marvel issue on the site, so if you're gonna read a lot, then a subscription might be cheaper in the long run.

I would just go with Marvel Unlimited for now, if what you're wanting to do is read the big events. I believe all of the major events and crossovers are up and complete in Unlimited, and if you read them in order, by the time you're caught up to today, there should be a bunch of other stuff added too.