The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

A reset? Seriously? I've not read regularly for a few years now, but that kind of stuff is exactly what turned me off. Brand New Day was the last straw. Why not just reset the Ultimate line?

They are .... just not exactly as you're talking.  This Secret Wars event is converging (ha) all of the Marvel Universes to which The Ultimate Universe and the primary universe were the only two left standing.  This 'reset' is all being done in accordance with all of this (Miles is now a regular universe character and he won't be the only one, or at least the concept of other Ultimate characters will go forward in main stream continuity). 

• Like 1

How are they releasing all these issues that take place after Secret War when they are only on issue 6 of 8? Did they fuck up their schedule or something?

Yup, they set the date of the reset/reboot/whatever to the first Wednesday of October, and they wanted to wrap up Secret War before it. But in true comic-book fashion deadlines got stretched so now there's a reset whilst the story isn't even over yet.

• Like 1

How are they releasing all these issues that take place after Secret War when they are only on issue 6 of 8? Did they fuck up their schedule or something?

Yup, they set the date of the reset/reboot/whatever to the first Wednesday of October, and they wanted to wrap up Secret War before it. But in true comic-book fashion deadlines got stretched so now there's a reset whilst the story isn't even over yet.

:lol: That is pretty fucking disgraceful 

• Like 2

You should all just come join me in 1971, it's so much simpler.

Speaking of 70s, I love the faux-emergency issues that they added in the Deadpool series i'm reading through now. It's hilariously cheesy and ridiculous in the best kind of way. First one had 80s Deadpool with sweatbands and a drunk Tony Stark, and the second one had 70s Deadpool with an afro and a blaxploitation plot.

I know wrestling fans and comic book fans have a large cross over, but did they have to start taking their planning from TNA?

Are there any comics out there I can read for Halloween that don't focus on Zombies or Vampires?  I just finished the Vampire Batman books and I'm all caught up on Walking Dead.

So they're not just resetting one universe... but all of them.

http://www.spidermancrawlspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/5144011.jpg

Ha, love facepalm spidey!

No, they're COMBINING all of them.  The Secret Wars event begins after all of the incursions have happened save one, the Prime 616 Marvel Universe and the Ultimate universe.  Secret Wars happens and then from that there is only a singular Marvel Universe.

for now.

I tried to get through the Ultimate series chronologically (all of them) in the holiday, but man that shit was so grimdark it turned me off completely... It's just so ''3dark5me'' at times it's just plain annoying.

Edited by Jasonmufc

So they're not just resetting one universe... but all of them.

http://www.spidermancrawlspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/5144011.jpg

Ha, love facepalm spidey!

No, they're COMBINING all of them.  The Secret Wars event begins after all of the incursions have happened save one, the Prime 616 Marvel Universe and the Ultimate universe.  Secret Wars happens and then from that there is only a singular Marvel Universe.

for now.

And yet, Web Warriors

will feature the team that sprung out from Spider-Verse (Spider UK, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Ham, Spider-Man Noir, Spider-Girl/Anya) travelling to alternate universes (the Amazing Spider-Man #1 preview had them in the 1602 universe) doing the job of the Spider-people that got killed during the Spider-Verse. So... my guess is that 616 and Ultimate will be merged into a single universe, and the rest will be restored? Maybe something like that? I dunno.
Edited by Johnny Latino Heat
Inserted the edited part in spoiler tags, just in case.

Are there any comics out there I can read for Halloween that don't focus on Zombies or Vampires?  I just finished the Vampire Batman books and I'm all caught up on Walking Dead.

There's a new Trick r Treat graphic novel based on the movie. I also like Revival, even though it's about the dead coming back to life, they're not zombies in the traditional sense. Survivors Club #1 just came out yesterday, I haven't read it yet, but it looks fun. 

• Like 1

mdPvcKi.png

Am I the only one that prefers stage 3 to the final product?

I think it's good to have both in the marketplace. Every comic shouldn't look the exact same.

The comics I loved the most were the ones that were written/penciled without too much going on in the picture, sure I love the Jim Lee stuff where the entire page seems like it's exploding, but almost every comic is like that.

One of the best runs of the last few years was Hawkeye Vol.4 by Fraction and Aja, I loved the minimalistic art-style, and it was also interesting to read a thrilling story that wasn't about the world exploding (again).

Edited by Jasonmufc

If I've not watched the show will I be confused in any way reading the X-Files comics?