The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

Oh my God

Screenshot_20200613-034958.png

Screenshot_20200613-034834.png

They need to make this it's own thing and give it to someone really good. It's Spider-Man meets Neon Genesis Evangelion. 

Dark Nights: Death Metal #1

Spoiler

yLr3Y7Z.jpg

Is there an in-story reason no one besides Spiders ever fight The Inheritors?? The battles of Spider-Geddon happen in the 616. I feel like Peter should be using his Avengers past to see if Carol Danvers can come punch some Vampires.

Finally got around to starting Chip Zdarsky's run on Daredevil and Jesus Christ what a read it's been so far. Marvel or DC, I'm comfortable in saying that this is probably the best comic being produced but either company right now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, =BK= said:

Is there an in-story reason no one besides Spiders ever fight The Inheritors?? The battles of Spider-Geddon happen in the 616. I feel like Peter should be using his Avengers past to see if Carol Danvers can come punch some Vampires.

Same reason it seems like a city or the whole world is going to be in trouble if a superhero's arch-enemy ever defeats them. Or why Batman and Commissioner Gordon aren't willing to just say fuck it and kill the Joker. 

"Oh  no! The Joker just killed Batman! We're all doomed!" (Nevermind the fact that the rest of the Batman family would show up and kick his ass from one end of Gotham City to the other, Red Hood or maybe even Gordon would put a lot of bullets in him, and Batman would just get revived in a Lazarus Pit.)

Screenshot_20200624-174045.png

You know May, with how your Mom is talking like a robot in the last panel I think you really might have more Spider-Person problems going on than the Green Goblin harassing you.

Screenshot_20200626-064309.png

Spider-Girl 5.

Strange that it speaks like it's never had Peter before.

Also if this were a modern book Venom reataching to middle aged and crippled Peter would be a whole arc with him as black suit Spider-Man again and slowly getting taken over. Here in 98 it's a single issue with a Spider-Venom monster right off the bat.

Man I'm loving Spider-Girl. It reminds me a lot of Ultimate Spider-Man.

Screenshot_20200704-065636.png

Ahh. Your wife just spent a decade in stasis holding the fabric of reality together to prevent the end of all things and you still decide to be a dick to her when you get her back. All across the multiverse it is constant that Reed Richards is a terrible, terrible man. 

Does the 4th issue of Ultimate Fantastic Four crash the Marvel Unlimited app for anyone else? Soon as I hit the double pages it goes down on one of them.

If Marvel actually starts using Predators in their books now they have to do Spider-Man and Kraven vs a hunting party of Predators in New York.

I think I found a mistake in UFF.

Screenshot_20200712-213224.png

That's written like Thing asking Sue about the forcefield and why their not fried. The problem is that's Zombie Thing. You can tell because of the eyes and the fact he's dirty.

Oh he can still talk and stuff. UFF is where MZ started. It's just there's no reason for Zombie Thing to address Ultimate Sue like that there.

Huh. There's an "Real Life" section in Constantine's Wiki.

Alan Moore claims to have met his creation on two occasions. In 1993, he told Wizard magazine:[4]

One day, I was in Westminster in London—this was after we had introduced the character—and I was sitting in a sandwich bar. All of a sudden, up the stairs came John Constantine. He was wearing the trenchcoat, a short cut—he looked—no, he didn't even look exactly like Sting. He looked exactly like John Constantine. He looked at me, stared me straight in the eyes, smiled, nodded almost conspiratorially, and then just walked off around the corner to the other part of the snack bar. I sat there and thought, should I go around that corner and see if he is really there, or should I just eat my sandwich and leave? I opted for the latter; I thought it was the safest. I'm not making any claims to anything. I'm just saying that it happened. Strange little story.

His second meeting with his creation was illustrated in 2001's Snakes and Ladders,[82] an adaptation by Eddie Campbell of one of Moore's performance art pieces:

Years later, in another place, he steps out of the dark and speaks to me. He whispers: "I'll tell you the ultimate secret of magic. Any cunt could do it."

They met a third time in fiction, when Moore was written into issue No. 120 of Hellblazer by then-author Paul Jenkins. Moore is seen sitting in silhouette at the back of a bar as John Constantine (who is on a pub crawl with the reader) raises a drink to him.[83]

Writers who had their run on the Hellblazer series have also admitted meeting the character in real life. A rumour has persisted for many years that the Liverpool occult writer Tom Slemen served as a model for Constantine. Slemen has always denied this. Original Hellblazer writer Jamie Delano also claims to have encountered Constantine, during his run on the character, outside the British Museum.[84][85] Peter Milligan saw Constantine at a party around 2009 and rushed after him, only to find he'd disappeared. Brian Azzarello once saw him in a Chicago bar but avoided him, saying that "the thing about John is, the last thing you'd want to be is his friend."[86]

• 3 weeks later...

Weird. I can't find books with the character search for Ultimate Reed Richards/The Maker after the Ultimate heroes beat him right after he turned. The books are there, I can look them up on wiki and find them by title but they're not on Reed's character tab and there's not a separate one for The Maker.