The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

The whole One More Day/Brand New Day bullshit ruined the mainstream (Esrth 616) Spider-Man franchise for me. I think there was a mandate to fuck up MJ so people wouldn't mind their marriage being undone, and its stuck.

However, the biggest piece of shit Spider-Man storyline is "Sins Past".

• 2 weeks later...

I have Marvel Unlimited. I wanna read Spider-Man post- Superior with the return of Peter. Is this gonna be super difficult? Marvel always loses me with restarts on numbering and crossovers.

Right now I'm reading All-New, All-Different Avengers. It's pretty fun and seems self contained.

Any recommendations on good stuff?

4 hours ago, =BK= said:

I have Marvel Unlimited. I wanna read Spider-Man post- Superior with the return of Peter. Is this gonna be super difficult? Marvel always loses me with restarts on numbering and crossovers.

Right now I'm reading All-New, All-Different Avengers. It's pretty fun and seems self contained.

Any recommendations on good stuff?

Modern stuff or just 'whatever is enjoyable' kind of recommendations?

Because Hawkeye Vol. 4 is something I will always suggest to everyone. Self-contained story and a delightful look into Hawkeye outside of his work as an avenger.

• Like 1

Any time as long as it's not old enough that everyone sounds like Stan Lee.

• Haha 2

Anything Jonathan Hickman. House and Powers of X blew me away for what he did for the X-Men universe but his Fantastic Four, Avengers, Secret War rum etc - if you even just read his stuff you’d be golden. 

History of Marvel mini series stuff is really cool too.

• Like 1

OK. Question. When the 616 merged with the Ultimate U, how did that work? Are the people like Miles aware that they're from another universe or did they just get folded into the history of 616?

Some have memories, some do not remember. 

Reed essentially has the power to shape / recreate worlds at the end of Secret Wars and pulled some of them in. And their world can be rebooted at any time now that this power exists.

Edited by apsham
  • Like 1

Reading ANAD Avengers and Miles Spider-Man book. I like it but stuff feels so rushed. The friendship between Spidey, Kamala and Nova needs way more adventures and time.

Man, why did they give Lady Thor such creepy eyes in her design? Dude Thor had normal eyes. It really makes her seem less human which really shouldn't be the case.

What is the event where the Hydra Cap stuff comes together? I can't remember.

Spider-Men II was kinda boring.

1 minute ago, =BK= said:

Spider-Men II was kinda boring.

If you're into spider-stuff, Spider-Gwen is a really fun read and a completely different take on the origin story. It's also set in a different universe for the most part (apart from some universe-jumping shenanigans).

Also it's not a huge backlog you'd have to read up on either.

3 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

If you're into spider-stuff, Spider-Gwen is a really fun read and a completely different take on the origin story. It's also set in a different universe for the most part (apart from some universe-jumping shenanigans).

Also it's not a huge backlog you'd have to read up on either.

I really like Spider-Gwen having read her crossover with Miles and Spider-Verse.

It feels like every Marvel writer goes in knowing that the axe is gonna come down in like 12 issues so they try to jam everything they have in. 

Champions is a great idea and great team but it just moves so damn fast.

Oh my God what was the point of making Viv a human if they were just gonna stick her back in a synthetic body 3 issues later?

More business related than anything but DC just cut its distribution with Diamond so that's roughly 1/3 of all of Diamond's business gone not to mention a potentially major blow to comic book stores if DC really is starting a full move away from print media disguised as taking more independence in direct distribution.

According to this, they're switching to other distributors, including one they already use for their books:

https://www.comicsbeat.com/breaking-dc-pulls-out-of-diamond-will-use-lunar-and-ucs-for-periodical-distribution/

Anything that was supposed to be out the 8th is being pushed to the 15th.

It's weird that Marvel restored the Ultimate Universe but have no books set there. It's kinda set up for Peter Parker Spider-Man again.

My opinion on Champions has gone up. Realized I missed some issues because they didn't show up as books Miles is in for some reason.

Oh and I love IronHeart's redesign.

Screenshot_20200607-081314.png

And I just like this page

Screenshot_20200607-084748.png