Your hopes and fears for the new football season?

9 to 5

Well, sure time to go yet for signings in and out but I thought of this now so I am doing it. >_>

Blackburn Rovers is my team. We have lost our player of the season Bellamy to fucking Liverpool and that's a big blow. However, Roberts for me is a good signing and if we do get Mido that we are heavily rumoured to do this season then I do think Roberts/Mido will be better than any partnership we had last season (even if Bellamy is a better player than any of them).

We could do with another defender and a creative midfielder, but I am looking forward to the kick-off. I reckon we will get around 8th and possibly a cup win. Hopefully the UEFA cup.

Mido is a brilliant signing, he may have had a few injury problems, but for 3.5 million he is an absolute bargain. Hughes has shown with Bellamy that he can handle difficult characters, so there shouldn't really be a problem there.

My hopes for Spurs are another top 5 finish, taking more points from last years top 4 and some cup success - preferably the FA Cup as we have a nice little history with it, but the UEFA Cup is also obtainable given the finalists this year. I also hope the likes of Lennon, King, Dawson, Defoe, Keane, Carrick, Dixon, Barnard and Huddlestone continue to develop and get a chance to shine at an international level (Full or U21). Damien Duff and Micah Richards would be a nice coup as well, and hopefully Zokora can have a huge impact on the side. It'd be nice to see a bit of Wayne Routledge as well.

My main fear is becoming a side, like Bolton, Everton or Ipswich, who qualify for Europe and then stagnate. Another one would be Jermaine Jenas having another patchy season - in the overwhelming minority of matches he showed what a talent he is, I hope he doesn't continue to waste it. Another fear is that Martin Jol will refuse to adress the problematic RB position, allowing Stalteri to slip up for another year as Stephen Kelly has now been sold. Finally, I hope we don't go near any of the over-rated, over-paid Italian-based players - like Ibrahimovic or Toni.

Edited by fineintent

The obvious fear for me as a Fulham fan is possible relegation.

HOWEVER, with Niemi (I know he was bought last season, but yeah...) and Bullard in, and with more players on the way, I'd like to think we could do better than last year. IF you look at our home record, we were immense, away from home we were shocking. Keep the home record and actually get some wins away from home and we'd be looking at mid-table and up.

If Benitez can bring in a few more signings then I think we'll be pushing for the title. It depends on how the likes of Gonzalez and Aurelio settle, but hopefully we're not looking at another couple of Morientes').

I think Bellamy is the key, if he starts well and links up with Crouch and Fowler (possibly Kuyt as well) then he's going to be one of our most important players. I'm interested in seeing how Fowler does as well with a good pre-season behind him, hopefully him and Crouch can carry on the way they finished last season.

Anything other than a top 2 finish and I'd be disappointed, to be honest. Would like a good run in the CL and FA Cup as well, with the younger players (Anderson especially) getting games in the League Cup.

Hope: Huddersfield goes back to the First Division -- er, League Championship, sorry :P -- and officially erases all the damage done by Barry Rubery and Ick Wadsworth.

Fear: Huddersfield, disheartened by last season's playoff debacle, phones it in and goes back down, especially if Sadford does the trick.

I'm hoping Brett Emerton finally shows the talent I know he has, and that we don't slump down the league like the last team we sold a star player due to a release clause.

I think that after having a good World Cup Emerton might actually look bothered and play well this season. Even by my thougths of him. >_>