Games that took you ages to finish...

PkmnTrainerJ

Having just completed Kingdom Hearts: Chain Of Memories yesterday, I noticed the copyright read 2005, meaning I had owned it for a year, though it had only taken me 32 hours to finish.

I loved how Simple & Clean played at the end as well. :wub:

There are Mega Drive games that I've had for over a decade that I still haven't got round to completing.

Bubsy the Bobcat is one. Still never managed to beat the final boss.

But in terms of games that I actually HAVE completed after a fair while, Dark Chronicle is one I've had for a number of years now and only recently got to the end.

I'm not sure if I completed that? What was the final boss?

I definately completed the sequel, it was a pile of shite.

Uhm, I didn't complete ToeJam and Earl 1 until two years ago.

Legend of Dragoon on the Playstation, my friends and i went through the game very fast, but once we reached the final stage, we had no clue where to go fight the final boss so we basically just gave up, finally my sis began playing our saved file and then stumbles upon the final boss and we finally finished the game.

I'm not sure if I completed that? What was the final boss?

Actually, upon checking to make sure, the boss I was stuck on wasn't the final boss after all...I just naively thought it was. <_< I continuously failed to beat the boss on the 'jungle' level (chapter 15), which involved two Woolie spaceships that dropped giant yarn balls of death and, significantly, bees. Many bees.

The last boss is on the Woolie spaceship, where the Woolie leader apparently floats across the screen throwing all manner of...fruit...at you. Hmm.

And yes, the second game was shite.

Ooh - another game I never completed? Zool. That little ant-like fucker just slides around the screen to damn fast to keep him from slamming into things.

Deus Ex. Took me something in the region of three years (playing it off an on).

Other than that, I haven't completed very many games, due mostly to not playing games that it's possible to complete (MMORPGs and sports management sims).

In fact, I can only ever remember completing four games: Dawn of War (still haven't completed Winter Assault though), Dungeon Siege, Deus Ex and Half-Life 2.

I haven't even completed Warcraft 3 (or The Frozen Throne) yet, and I've had them since release :( (July 2002 and 2003 respectively). Or Doom3 (although I haven't played that for yonks).

I'm hopeless when it comes to finishing games...

Out of about 50 PS2 games I've completed about 3 or 4 of em. I get bored really quickly. Other than that, I remember Sonic Spinball really annoying the hell out of me when I was younger, that took me forever.

Shit, it takes me forever to beat games that require some sort of commitment.

GTA III - Bought it when it came out, didn't beat it until Vice City came out.

Metroid Prime - Bought it when it came out, beat it last Winter.

Silent Hill 2 - Bought in October of 2001, beat in October of 2005.

MGS 2 - Bought it when it came out, beat it last Summer.

Kingdom Hearts - Bought it when it came out, beat it a couple months ago.

My Hall of Shame moment comes with Legend of Zelda Link to the Past. I bought that game when it came out on the SNES, didn't beat it until last Spring on the GBA. I generally get to a point with games and just stop playing and sometimes come back, sometimes don't.

Edited by Zero

Anything survival horror that isn't Resident Evil, except for RE3.

I only beat the Fatal Frame series shortly before FF3 came out, despite owning both since the time Crimson Butterfly was released.

I haven't beat Silent Hill 3 or 4, despite owning both since their release. I did finish two, though I might play it again just to amuse myself with the overabundance of sexual imagery.

I think the major problem here is that either I get freaked, or keep forgetting to save. As such, I don't forsee myself beating either anytime soon.

Edited by Gongsun Zan

Blaster Master

Metal Gear

Double Dragon

In my humble opinion, these are probably the most difficult NES action games I have ever played. All three are equally hard. I think what contributes to Blaster Master and Double Dragon is the limited amount of lives you have to complete it, while Metal Gear is just a pain in the ass to do.

I beat Blaster Master in '01, DD probably in '97 or '98, and Metal Gear just last year.

I still haven't beat GTA 3, Vice City or San Andreas to 100%, and I've owned all 3 since they lauched

I beat FF VII earlier this year, bought it 6 years ago. Played to the first save and then didn't play for about 3-4 years. Finally beat it around March

Never completed GTA3 to 100%. TBH, I very very seldom complete games. I get bored of things easily, so I either play a sports game so I can just play lots of little matches or managment sims so I can start new challenges at will. If I play other types of games, I only ever get so far, and move onto the next one.