Official Premiership 06/07 thread

Liam

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He really just took a full boot in the jaw/mouth and hit the deck. Knowing Terry though, when he's conscious he'll want to get back on and play. The Arsenal physios were helping as well, which I found emotionally moving (not gay). >_>

I was just about to say that. I hope Arsenal score now, it would be awesome.

Good football, good drama, on one hand it's a good advertisement for the sport, and on the other it's a bit of an embarrassment.

Edited by The Kraig

So well done Chelsea for winning the Carling Cup. Obviously I'm pissed off because Chelsea didn't deserve to win it (and their first goal was just offside), but people will just say we shouldn't have beaten Man Utd a few years ago, so whatever. Oh, not to mention the classy Chelsea fans throwing stuff at our players, but yeah, I'm sure that won't get mentioned.

We were fantastic for the opening 20 minutes and Chelsea were just crap. There's a case for Essien to have been sent off when he studded Baptista in the chest when the ball was elsewhere, but it wasn't, so there ya go. Walcott and Drogba's second goals were really good. The power in Drogba's header was amazing, and the typically Arsenal passing for Walcott's goal was just fantastic.

So does anyone know why Adebayor was sent-off? Because I have no idea and there has been no video proof of anything happening to Wayne Bridge.

• Admin

So well done Chelsea for winning the Carling Cup. Obviously I'm pissed off because Chelsea didn't deserve to win it (and their first goal was just offside), but people will just say we shouldn't have beaten Man Utd a few years ago, so whatever. Oh, not to mention the classy Chelsea fans throwing stuff at our players, but yeah, I'm sure that won't get mentioned.

We were fantastic for the opening 20 minutes and Chelsea were just crap. There's a case for Essien to have been sent off when he studded Baptista in the chest when the ball was elsewhere, but it wasn't, so there ya go. Walcott and Drogba's second goals were really good. The power in Drogba's header was amazing, and the typically Arsenal passing for Walcott's goal was just fantastic.

So does anyone know why Adebayor was sent-off? Because I have no idea and there has been no video proof of anything happening to Wayne Bridge.

Adebayor definately didn't touch Bridge - Adebayor went because you could see him laying into Mikel as Fabregas was having a pop at Lampard. It was in the background of the shot I saw who I thought was Eboue land a blow to the back of Bridge's head as Bridge was walking away.

Actually, on second viewing, it's Hoyte who's whacked Bridge, not Eboue.

Edited by Rabid Wolverine
Mistaken Identity

Adebayor definately didn't touch Bridge - Adebayor went because you could see him laying into Mikel as Fabregas was having a pop at Lampard. It was in the background of the shot I saw who I thought was Eboue land a blow to the back of Bridge's head as Bridge was walking away.

I loved Fabregas' headlock on Lampard. As bad as that itself did look, it was Fabregas trying to pull Lampard away. Shouldn't have done it because Lampard is entitled to be in there (and he was trying to break it up) and it looked very silly, but it definetely wasn't anything else, so a yellow was right. Not 100% sure why Lampard got booked, but oh well, Webb is a shite referee, so that about explains it.

I didn't see the Eboue/Bridge thing at all. All I saw is Bridge writhing around on the floor.

EDIT: It was Hoyte? Oh that's ok, Hoyte's awesome ¬_¬

Edited by TMM

• Admin

Hmm according to radio this evening Poll had a shocker and Robbie Keane shouldn't have been sent off, but I'll wait until I see it in an hour before I comment.

It was a tough one, There is a case for both sides (sending off and not sending off) - to be fair, I think a penalty and a yellow would have been enough.

So if walking off the pitch in protest is a disgrace Fergie, what do you call having your 'keeper charge into an opposing striker and not have a penalty called?

:-\

LOL. I fail to see how you can even link the two incidents. Personally, I'd call it good 'keeping. (Y)

In terms of the whole Eboue/Bridge thing, Bridge himself said immediately after the match that the wrong man (Adebayor) got sent off when it was Eboue who punched him. Then he went on to say how happy he was that they got the three points, fool. :shifty:

We're all missing the main point which is that the Wigan freekick to beat Newcastle was a thing of beauty.

Also, Keane was hard done by, just a shame he was flapping really. However Peacock was right on MOTD2 when he said that it shouldn't have been a sending off. It hit his chest and THEN hand after it had been diverted off the line. Hence no red card but sure, a penalty.

Also John Terry is a man of steel with a jaw of granite and well done to Chelsea and an amusing dig at Wenger in the after match interview from Mourinho :P

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

Covering all the bases:

Keane should have been sent off. Sure, it hit his chest, than his hands, but he also flapped at it with his hands, trying to stop a certain goal. To me, the intent, mixed in with the fact it did hit his hand, meant he had to go.

Drogba's first goal wasn't offside. If you look at the lines on the pitch, Drogba was being played on by Senderos, as they were both standing on the same line across the grass.....Earle said it was a half yard eitherway possibly, and though I don't agree with that, if you read it as that, Drogba still wasn't offside as they have been talking about in tight decisions like that, giving the benefit of the doubt to the attacking team....but yeah, he didn't look offside to me.

I also liked Mourinho's dig at Wenger in the post match interviews, but meh, I like Mourinho.