Saint's Row 1 & 2

FLiam

Anyone picked it up yet?

Got my copy yesterday, pretty good. The customization is great, so much different things to wear etc. And so many different things to do to the car. Already 12% into it, the missions vary quite a bit too so it isn't the same old thing.

I love starting gang wars, it is great fun. The insurance fraud activity is awesome too.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 39% through it at the moment. Done both the Rollerz and Carnales storylines. Just about to start the other.

I'm very impressed with it. The only thing that bugs me is the fact that vehicles disappear when you're on the freeway.

My character started out as a gangbanger and as it's gone on he's turned into more of a hitman, usually using a combination of the sniper rifle and pistol to take targets out. He looks like something out of Miami Vice with the slick purple shirt, white pants, slicked back hair and very expensive jewellery.

I'm also glad they made it so that if you use cheats you won't get the achievement points otherwise I'd have probably been tempted to use them.

What's everyone's favourite car in the game? I usually cruise around in the FBI SUV I have stored, Julius' car or the Lamborghini type car that you get after beating the Rollerz.

Edited by The LBTN

I played a copy at my friend's house yesterday. Like everyone else has said here, it's pretty good and by far the best Grand Theft Auto clone thus far. I'd even say that it might actually be better than GTA for those players who are more into creating madness, havoc and chaos instead of focusing on completing the missions. It's pretty good.

By the way, has anyone of you heard of a game called "Just Cause"? It's a game coming soon for 'Box 360, X-Box and PS2, by a swedish game studio. It's yet another GTA-like game but it has been reported that the player's playground, a.k.a the gameworld, will be 30 times bigger than all of the worlds of ALL Grand Theft Auto's combined. Plus the graphics are pretty good....

Seriously, OVER 30 fucking times bigger than the entire state of San Andreas?!

Edited by Verder

By the way, has anyone of you heard of a game called "Just Cause"? It's a game coming soon for 'Box 360, X-Box and PS2, by a swedish game studio. It's yet another GTA-like game but it has been reported that the player's playground, a.k.a the gameworld, will be 30 times bigger than all of the worlds of ALL Grand Theft Auto's combined. Plus the graphics are pretty good....

I've the demo on my 360 but haven't got round to playing it. I haven't been following the game closely so hopefully it'll surprise me. The action sequences look very good.

I've played through all three gang storylines, and am fairly ok with this game, it's not the greatest, but for a GTA clone it comes real close to being good enough.

I don't like the fact it has the True Crime camera's and stuff and it may just be me, but with HD and all, I was hoping for some really good graphics out of this game, and it doesn't deliver to me in that department.

Also, I find the game a bit buggy, at times I'll be in a car that isn't there, then there are times when the stuff around you disappears or the car in front of you disappears. Sometimes my screen gets stuck, but I was told that is a 360 problem not a game problem, as I have had it happen on Perfect Dark too.

The games controls are fair, some of the stuff could be placed better like the spring funtion, I keep hitting the wrong button. I liked the custom tracks until I couldn't get out of the car without them staying on, even with the option to ticked to turn them off when you get out. And the phone thing, while neat and you can call any number you see in the game and get something, it gets annoying that it doesn't auto open to it after you've been there. It always reverts back to the map screen.

And where is the auto aim? I have to manually do it and that makes the game not so grand. When driving it's hard to shoot behind you and drive at the same time, and if you don't pick the right homies, sometimes they don't have anything but a pistol. :(

I had a hell of a time finishing the Los Carnales storyline though, Dex can't drive for shit!

Overall I liked the game, on a scale of 10, it'd get an 8.5 to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Auto aim? You suck. >_>

({)

Yeah when you got 50 of them fuckers shooting at you at once, plus the FBI, and all your homies are dead and need reviving, tell me I suck cause I want auto aim. :thumbsdown:

That's the worst.

(})

You suck cause you want auto-aim.

I just got the 360 with this, Dead Rising, and Madden 07 yesterday and I just can't stop playing Saint's Row. It's most like GTA in the sense that it's like drugs to me. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Isn't it practically the same as a clan?

Anyways, I'm down, and if anybody does want to play Saints Row online, my XBL tag's 'Eihtball122' (No g. Don't ask, I don't know.)

Anyways, is it just me, or is this game too easy? o_O. That's not to say it isn't fun as fuck, because it is, but I'm already on the very last level of both the Rollerz and the Kings missions, and have about 4-5 left of the Carnales storyline, and that's only after about four or so days of actually playing the game and not just fucking around. Maybe I just play too much, I don't know, but I just miss the sheer depth San Andreas's storyline right about now. :(

That being said, nothing beats running around causing havoc with both Zombie Lin and Chicken Ned. Especially when you're on one of the bridges. I never thought getting hit by a car could be so fun.