Saint's Row 1 & 2

FLiam

It amuses me that you would buy it on PS3, silly people trying to justify spending hundreds on a console. :shifty: I would at least wait until it's out before making a decision either way, see what the thoughts are on how it handles on both. Of course PS3 has the hard drive installation thing which will help but it's unknown how DLC will play on it so...

Also KS, I don't know how you figure it will be a seamless transition from Halo 3 EWB matches to SR EWB matches since, ya know, it's pretty much the same people involved in both. I blame Kou. He is too "Orange Box, lol" to bother with Halo 3 and LL is busy being social to play. They seemed to be the two most prominent guys. I mean i'm back so that's some help. But Zan is too busy being imaginary, Onslaught when he's on is no fun caus he's silent, Kraigy doesn't play with us because it'd open our eyes to how sucky he is after he has built up this reputation of being a 'l33t' gamer. Dragsy is the only one who has stepped up, I had some fun with him the other night. Go Drags! :)

Edited by TheEllisComplex

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I GOTTA BUMP IT UP

Saints Row 2 Details

What's new though is the introduction of aircraft such as planes and helicopters, which excitingly you can smash right through buildings. You can't destroy buildings entirely (we don't think the US censors would be happy with that), but smashing through windows should open up plenty of gameplay opportunities.

OMG TERRORISTS

But yes, more sandboxy co-op is good news.

Character customisation has also been enhanced with the option to tweak your characters sex; male, female or whatever's in-between. Transsexual gangsters are well on the agenda.

Greatest.Feature.Ever

I know it won't happen, but I wish more companies would include off-line co-op. I'd much rather play through Saints Row with my girlfriend sitting next to me than online. More convenient too.

Crackdown would have been great if we could play together but nope... Oh well. Saints Row 2 should be good regardless.

• 2 months later...

So, when do we move onto a Saints Row 2 thread? :shifty:

Anywhoo, reason for bumping follows:

IGN has a a preview up outllining some new stuff. Spoilers for the end of the first game ahoy. http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/856/856491p1.html

More talk of the different veichles and such but also of customizable cribs, more story mode dialogue (no more mute) and more character customization with taunts and walks.

• 3 months later...

Saints Row 2 pokes GTAIV in the chest and says 'Bowling? Is that all you've got?'

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/06/06/saints-r...-fun-at-gta-iv/

Fuck yeah, UFC/Fight Club FTW! If they have some buildings/businesses to buy/upgrade then I will be a very happy bunny.

I always find it funny when there are news stories on Saints Row 2 since all the comments go as follows:

"Why would anyone play this unless they are a wigger who likes to further racial stereotypes? Yes, all black people have gold teeth. :rolleyes: "

"The first one was a bag of crap"

"GTAIV is better"

Also, I move that someone rename this thread Saints Row 1 & 2 or similar. I see Zero is reading...:shifty:

I just couldn't get into the first Saints Row... maybe I'll try it out again after I finish GTA. Everything I've read about the sequel sounds good, but I don't know what it was about the first one that just bugged me. The art direction, the soundtrack, it just all didn't sit right with me.

My friend tested the game and tells me that it makes GTA IV look like rushed shit. I also just didn't really enjoy Saints Row a bunch but that trailer makes the game look incredibly fun with things to keep me preoccupied with for days.