Saint's Row 1 & 2

FLiam

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saint's Row annoyed me because EVERYTHING HAD TO BE BAGGY.

well.... you WERE playing as a ghetto thug thing person... thing... yeah. Baggy is the style.

But is it just me, or does Saints Row 2 look like it will absolutely blow GTA IV out of the water? Saints Row 1 to me totally blew every other GTA out of the water, because I could actually get into it, which I could NEVER do with any other GTA games. GTA IV I was able to get into and enjoy, very much... but Saints Row 2... man, it looks fucking incredible.

That's weird Jairus because Saints Row just seemed like GTA-Lite to me. I felt like I was playing a dumbed-down THQ'd version of something that only Rockstar did right. Different strokes, indeed.

Edited by Zero

I don't know what it is, really. I could just never get into the story on III through San Andreas. I got bored with the GTA games VERY VERY fast. But, when I got Saints Row, I loved it. I don't know why, though. Like I said, the first GTA I was actually able to get into and actually finish (story wise, fuck getting to 100%, I traded it in toward MGS4 after I beat the story lol) was GTA IV. And, seeing the trailers and such for SR2, I can't effing wait.

I liked Saints Row for the little touches it did different from GTA, but I was so thoroughly sick of the whole 'gangsta' shit after San Andreas.

...you could "get into" Saints Row? The biggest paint by numbers story, that I think I have ever seen on a game? Well yeah, different strokes indeed.

I never said it was the story of Saints Row that I got into. I just said I got into the game. I enjoyed it more than GTA. The only stories I mentioned were the GTA ones. They all bored me other than GTA, and other than that, the gameplay of all of them got excessively boring for me as well.

Don't get me wrong, the gameplay of Saints Row can get boring as well... but I found it to be more entertaining than that of GTA.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What an emo bitch station GenX is.

I will listen to it all the time. <_<

Actually, fuck that, i'm listening to The Mix 24/7, squashing bitches to Take On Me. GLORIOUS!

Edited by King eLLis

SR trounced GTA in terms of the radio, and if it weren't for Saints Row, I'd never have heard of Reggie and the Full Effect. Get Well Soon was easily my favourite track on that game.

SR2, the first couple of stations are a bit meh, but the others there's some good tracks and some unknown stuff, so hopefully good scope for checking out some new albums in the next few weeks.

Also, for UK buyers, the collector's edition, which might be a GS exclusive, features a gold bullet 2gb memory stick and a Freckle Bitches t-shirt with a semi-naked cartoon chick (the preview image on the preorder slips are censored :w00t: ) on it bearing the slogan "You can't beat our meat!"

EDIT: Holy fuck, Everybody Wants to Rule the World, that's like the greatest song ever! That song should so be on Rock Band <_,

Edited by Dragsy

I am tempted to switch to the GS site and get the CE for £40 and not the £55 it is elsewhere.

Bah, it's £45 now, fuck it.

Edited by King eLLis

SR trounced GTA in terms of the radio, and if it weren't for Saints Row, I'd never have heard of Reggie and the Full Effect. Get Well Soon was easily my favourite track on that game.

SR2, the first couple of stations are a bit meh, but the others there's some good tracks and some unknown stuff, so hopefully good scope for checking out some new albums in the next few weeks.

Also, for UK buyers, the collector's edition, which might be a GS exclusive, features a gold bullet 2gb memory stick and a Freckle Bitches t-shirt with a semi-naked cartoon chick (the preview image on the preorder slips are censored :w00t: ) on it bearing the slogan "You can't beat our meat!"

EDIT: Holy fuck, Everybody Wants to Rule the World, that's like the greatest song ever! That song should so be on Rock Band <_,

Aussie Special Edition

• Saints Row 2 Xbox360 Collector's Edition:

o Unique 'gun box' packaging

o Saints Row 2 game for Xbox360

o Exclusive Art book

o Double-sided poster/map of Stilwater

o Bullet shaped 1GB USB key containing Xbox360 wallpapers and more.

• High quality Saints basketball singlet

• Saints Row 2 Money clip with bonus money off vouchers for your next trip to EB Games

• Saints Rule Book with details on the new gangs, where to shop, and more

• Saints ID card

• All packaged in a Freckle Bitches Pizza Box

IGN just posted their review. The basic gist of it is that the technical flaws and glitches that plagued the first game are still present, but the overall gameplay is just too much fun to let that hamper their review. It got an 8.2 and they're highly recommending that everyone should buy it.

Edited by abundant