Saint's Row 1 & 2

FLiam

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If all goes well I'm buy 2, getting 1 free at Toys R Us tonight, and Saints Row 2 will be free :D

And then I just go back next week and exchange one of the other ones for Fable 2, and the other one for Fallout 3 whenever that drops, and I'm in sequel heaven...I guess, I don't really know what Fallout is all about.

We got it in early today, for some reason. I guess because PES '09 is out this week too (always get the football games ine arly due to increased demand), they just shipped the lot out. I didn't get it because a. I forgot to bring the stuff I wanted to trade for it and b. No fuxing collector's edition with memory stick and t-shirt :angry: Hopefully that comes tomorrow or I'll be waiting till Thursday :(

Has anyone read anything about achievements when playing in co-op? With LL he got the Welcome Back achievement but I did not. Only the host will get achievements? If so, that is stupid. I mean, if he or I tag, finds cds, or whatever, we both get credit for them (but for some reason we don't get credit for finding stunt jumps, only the person doing it gets it), so why would I not get the same achievements as him?

But in any case, vehicle surfing is fun to do. I also like that you can just stand in the back of a truck and you don't fall out like you would in GTA. Also, the jig is the best taunt ever. :D

Edited by Fitzy

Does the game have some sort of in-game list of the missions you've done and whether you've done them solo or co-op? Keeping track of which you've done for the achivement might be hard to do. Same goes for activities.

Fitzy's issue reminds me of Crackdown, I think that was the same problem. Shame it's not like, say, Gears of War.

Edited by King eLLis

After not getting the achievement I made sure to save that to a different file. So I will try the other save file that is right before that mission so I can test it out and see for sure if I get it. If it doesn't, then I'll probably have to start from the beginning as something got screwed up along the way or something.

Try on the save you co-oped on. I figured that if he invited you, his world would only be affected in terms of missions or whatever but your world would be unaltered, just your guy would carry any changes you made whilst playing (guns, clothes) etc. See if there is a way to replay the mission or something.

Also, my changed again order is now packing. I wanted the cover from Amazon:

51LRdQM4bzL._SS500_.jpg

but not if I was going to recieve it on '23rd October - 29th October' (lol).

Okay, it seems my order has now been posted. Hurrah! Let's hope it's here tommorow or friday.

Edited by King eLLis

I broke down, couldn't wait any longer. Traded in some DS games and used my staff discount to buy the standard edition for £1. I left the special cover version because if we do actually get the collector's edition in the next few days, I'll 10-day the standard one and put the extra up for it.

I'll probably be online some point tonight.

Yep, free roam. You have missions to complete involving 3 seperate gangs or you can piss about with a multitude of activities or just go run someone over.

Someone with 2 would have to confirm but in the last game they had Gangsta Brawl (Deathmatch) and the team variant and i'm pretty sure they have remained. Also in the previous game, there were different ranks you could reach like Crook, Boss, Kingpin etc, I figure they'll be around too.

Speaking of online, RIP Blinged Out Ride. :(

Awwwwwwwwwww, Blinged Out Ride was a game mode I actually liked to play :(

Maybe when they get enough hate mail from fans they might put it back in via DLC, For free of course *Hopes*

I haven't gotten far in the story, Mainly becausse I've been fucking around, Running over people and stuff and your guy talking (I think everyone knows that by now) is so much better than just listening like in the first game, The dialog is funny as hell too.

No plot spoilers in here, But I guess people who haven't heard this line yet will not want to have heard it yet.

"You had me at stripper pole"

Yep, free roam. You have missions to complete involving 3 seperate gangs or you can piss about with a multitude of activities or just go run someone over.

Someone with 2 would have to confirm but in the last game they had Gangsta Brawl (Deathmatch) and the team variant and i'm pretty sure they have remained. Also in the previous game, there were different ranks you could reach like Crook, Boss, Kingpin etc, I figure they'll be around too.

Speaking of online, RIP Blinged Out Ride. :(

There are three game modes: Strong Arm, Gangsta Brawl, and Team Gangsta Brawl.

Strong Arm has the most variants which include: City Brawl, Graffiti Brawl, Takeover, Cash Flow, Get Paid, Quarter Mile, Just Tricks, Wetworks, Fender Benders, Beatdown, Blast Off, Over The Top, and Default. The latter two modes only have Default, Beatdown, Blast Off, Over The Top.

What this all means I have no idea. :shifty:

Apparently Strong Arm has you and your team against another team in randomly selected actvities. This is their attempt to stop people playing just one mode and dictating the population of the online players.