Football Manager 2007

Dan

Guest muddatrucker

I downloaded the latest patch from Sigames, I think I've experienced the contract bug, I offered Henry a new 5 year contract (he's 33 - but still excellent) and he didn't sign and now it says his contract has expired? I haven't played on but its fucked up my game I think.

I believe I downloaded the fixed patch, but I have used a No-Cd exe, is that the problem? I really don't want to start a new game as I'm a good few seasons in, but if I lose Henry for £0 - then I might have to.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If he refused the contract, and his current one ran out, he can leave the club for nothing. He's clearly looking for a better contract or wants to leave the club (because he hates you).

I don't think he'd want a 5 year contract, few players do. Offer a normal contract (ie, what he's asking for), that's probably the problem.

Guest muddatrucker

His current one didn't run out, it had time left - I just wanted to tie him down for the rest of his career, he refused and the contract suddenly expired the same day - obvious bug.

Picked it up for the PSP today :) means FM goodness wherever I go, started a game with Spurs would have went my usual Man City or Rangers but felt like a change. Signed Ashley Young for £4.3m and sold Paul Stalteri to Juve for 1.8m.

Think I'll start my first world game on the PC any good countries to look for a job at the start and what's a good past experience to use?(International Footballer, Sunday League Player etc.)

Haven't played the game in a while (got Oblivion for Christmas and Neverwinter Nights 2 not long before that), but I'd just steered Leeds into the Premier League and had them sitting in ninth or so after ten rounds. Won the League Cup in my first year, so am currently in a Euro competition (Vase, maybe? I'd need to check).

As Australian coach, I just won the Asian Nation's Cup and steered the side to a third place playoff win against the United States in the ludicrously competitive Confederations Cup.

Ugh this game always pushes Spurs and Arsenal together.

Just beat them 3-3 (away goals) over two leagues to reach final of League Cup against Villa, now gotta play them in the FA quarters....Not having a good league season I'm 5th but like 7pts behind 4th....sheesh...

I don't often do this, but can anyone reccomend a decent goalkeeper that would play for a low-rep Conference South side in the second season?

I've got John Ackerland on a free transfer from Tranmere, but if he gets injured, my only backup over 16 years old is really shite.

I'm Bath City (I've gone back to one of my original FM07 games. Holiday'd a year and took over Bath when they came up), and I should get a playoff place this season, which is great because we're tipped to go back down again, but club captain James Hunt (I've stolen loads of Rovers rejects. Even Paul Trollope as my assistant :D) and top scorer Marcus Stewart (I'm a sucker for hiring local lads, especially ones who started out at Rovers. Even ones who later joined City :@. Here's hoping Bobby Zamora will want to join me when he can hardly walk ¬_¬) are keeping me in the top three.

I just need a backup 'keeper, but I can't even loan players above League Two ¬_¬

Talking of local lads, Michael Whittington is awesome. By Conference South standards I mean. He's a bit of a Matt LeTissier, he never scored a boring goal ¬_¬

Edited by Farmer Reil

Win.

I know it's a vicious circle, but that's how it works.

So maybe the draws are biased in favour of rivalries :P

I always find that Chelsea end up being drawn against Man Utd at every possible opportunity...

Edited by stokeriño

Well fourth season and I finally win my first piece of silverwear, beating Villa 2-0 in the League Cup. I've got a replay against Arsenal in the FA quarters with the winners getting Man Utd in the semis.... Ugh.

I beat Fenerbahce 4-0 on aggregate so the quarters of Champions League see me playing Bayern Munich. I'm the last English club in the competition.

Ledley King has three months to run on his contract (ends 30th June) but he's not taking contract talks anywhere and he got upset when I listed him. Is he holding out for a free transfer and therefore uberwages elsewhere or seeing how I perform this season? Is that written into this version?

Has anyone played a Spanish game where Barcelona do really shit?

I'm currently playing as Villareal and Barca have had drawn a good number of games as well as lost leaving them 8th in the table. We're currently 15 games in and I've somehow managed to find myself second thanks to goals from Nihat, Forlan and Riquelme. Sebastian Viera has proven himself to be superman between the sticks and has won MotM many times already this season. Up until 3/4 games ago the battle for top spot had been fair game for half the league but Real Betis and I have raced ahead with only three points separating us. There was a moment where I could have pulled for first but I ended up drawing 0-0 with Osasuna as Betis ravaged R. Sociedad 5-0.

I've made it to the UEFA Cup group stages drawing with AEK, Marseille and beating Braga. I have one game left with West Ham and I need a draw at least to go through to the next round.

I have a fairly small squad and I've been ravaged with injuries coupled with practically no transfer funds I can envision a long season ahead of me.

Whoo won the Champions League after beating Real Madrid 1-1 (away goals) in the semis and then played Roma in the final. 1-0 down, 1-1 in the first half.

2-1 up, then 2-2 then Huddlestone scored in the 80th to give us the win 3-2. Classy.

Oh and Ledley King decided he wanted to stay now I could pay him £50k a week...Cheeky beggar. I nearly didn't...