Football Manager 2007

Dan

I got an interesting [i think] idea... What do You think about exchanging our game saves, and we could continue each others careers? For example I would play Stokerino save, and he would play mine, and so on, and so on...

I think it would be very interesting :)

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope in FM08 that it's possible for relationships to go beyond "Feels the two of your could become friends/Has a fairly low opinion of you". Me and Steve Bruce have basically been arguing for years, ever since I played a couple of his players for 90 minutes in a friendly. Every time we face each other we're always arguing, but he only has a "fairly low opinion of me". It'd be awesome if it was full blown hate.

I want to be able to be involved in takeovers in FM08. After working for however long, at a high level, you'd have enough money to be inolved in a consortium, and then manage the newly owned club. Or, the really small foriegn clubs, buying one of those would be awesome.

A chairman game would be fantastic, but would defeat the whole purpose of Football Manager. They are mostly working on Football Manager Live, so I doubt they will include something like that into the game in '08. It would be fantastic though and highly enjoyable.

Don't think I've heard of anyone coming across that. There is still so much they can do with the game. I like that fronting a bid idea.

I've been thinking about the Chairman role game and there is so much you can do. Would you become an interfering manager, or put your trust in someone like Hutchings at Wigan? Overule transfers? Demand such a position in the league. So many things.

Then as time would go on you would gain a reputation. Some managers may refuse to work with you due to your past appointments and dealings.

Edited by Lost Soul

Just beat Dortmund in the second minute of added time at the end of extra time in my Champions League Quarter final as Bayern Munich :P

Mark Van Bommel was the hero :wub:

Does anyone know if the old 'ARSE' command works anymore?

And if so, where do you edit it in?

A chairman game would be fantastic, but would defeat the whole purpose of Football Manager. They are mostly working on Football Manager Live, so I doubt they will include something like that into the game in '08. It would be fantastic though and highly enjoyable.

True, but if you were without a job and you could find some financial backing, you could launch a bid to buy a club and install yourself as manager. Like Niall Quinn did, before he realised he was shit at it.

I just finished my 3rd season with Greenock Morton. Everything's been going well but I seem to be losing money somehow, even though I am £13k under my wage budget. I can't even think about selling any players, cause I'm gonna be fighting for promotion next season and all the other clubs in the league are the only teams interested in any of my players. Anyway, here's how my seasons have went...

1st Season - Scottish 2nd Division - Finished top, 7 points ahead of Raith Rovers (who also got promoted through the playoffs). My record was 28-5-3 (W-D-L) which was good I guess but it coulda been better. Sold Ryan Harding and Dean Keenan, brought in Paul McGowan on a permanent deal (he started on loan), Bobby Linn, Neil Cutler and Scott McCulloch (great at free kicks).

2nd Season - Scottish 1st Division - Finished 5th, 8 points behind Partick Thistle who won the league. Record was 15-8-13 (which is shocking really). Sold Bobby Linn, Kevin Finlayson, David McGarrigle and Stefan Gonet...brought in Lee Robinson, Neil McCann, John Armstrong, Scott Davies, Alex Rae (who became a coach at the end of the season) and Marc Nygaard (best signing to date apart from Jamie Mole, but he was on loan).

3rd Season - Scottish 1st Division - Finished 2nd, 10 points behind Gretna. Nothing I could do as Gretna decided to splash their cash and buy some of the better players in the game. Record was marginally better this season at 20-8-8. Sold Derek Lilley, Neil McCann and Ryan Russell, bought Paul Walker, Mark Millar and Frederic Daquin.

Next season is gonna be tough with Motherwell, Dunfermline and St.Johnstone all chasing promotion. The other teams shouldn't be a problem for me.