Football Manager 2007

Dan

win.jpg

No second season syndrome here, fourth in my first season in the Premiership and top in the second.

The Liverpool job's just come up though, so I'll be gone within a week. I got Forest to the semi's of the Champions League, and even though I'd like to stick around and try to win it this is the first time Liverpool have actually offered me the job in 12 years or so.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My Southampton side have got off to a fantastic start in our return to the Premiership. I grabbed Richards from City for £5m, and Appiah from Newcastle for £5m. I still had £20m odd from the takeover and I decided to go full out and spend the last penny. I bought Hunteleer for £20m. :@ Risky? I dunno, maybe.

Owen and Hunteleer strikeforce. We beat Fulham 2-0 away, and Bolton 2-1 Home. Owen has scored in both games, and Hunteleer stole the points from Bolton with an 83rd minute penalty.

£20m for Huntelaar doesn't seem too bad. I believe he's pretty immense on the game, I was going to have to shell out £27m with him in the first season with Aston Villa but I decided against it and brought in Eddie Johnson instead.

You turned him down for Eddie bloody Johnson? My god Ace!

He will certainly bang in the goals, so I don't mind paying £20m to be honest. I bought him for like £12m once, so I'm annoyed about that, but heh, he'll knock us into Europe, so it is alright.

Guest Ringo Masterson

£20m for Huntelaar doesn't seem too bad. I believe he's pretty immense on the game, I was going to have to shell out £27m with him in the first season with Aston Villa but I decided against it and brought in Eddie Johnson instead.

Suazo is awesome. He was playing for Monaco against me and despite being injured he managed to score. It was a solo run in the style of Maradona too. Very well done.

This season I've drawn far too many games. 13 and I still have 7 or 8 games to play so I'll no doubt draw 3 or 4 more at least the way things are going. The Liverpool board offered me a new 4 year contract despite currently being in 5th place and pre-season hopes of a successful campaign. I'll apply for the Man Utd job when Ferguson goes to a farm to die somewhere and won't care about the fans hating me :shifty:

Oooo, I hate the stall offer option. Aberdeen offered Legia £1.6m for Lukasz Fabianski so I offer the same amount. Well, they accept their offer and stall on mine. Finally I get the chance to offer him a contract, he's already accepted the bloody Aberdeen offer. Wankers.

I hate it when you've already decided you won't renew a striker's contract and he goes and proves just how awesome he is towards the end of the season. Nothing else was working up front so I decided to bring in Peter Crouch and feed him the long balls, and we've been playing like a house of fire. We've won something like three or four games on the trot now and we've made it through to the FA Cup Final against Tottenham. I've had to concede and offer Crouch a new contract.

Unfortunately this may mean that Dirk Kuyt's out the door instead. He's a fantastic asset when he wants to be and he was on fire in the first and second seasons but this year he hasn't even managed to score ten. He's worth 20 million so I'll see how much I can get for him in the Summer. If I can't offload him I'll keep him in the squad but reluctantly at that.

Poor Craig Bellamy could be out as well. He's got another year on his contract yet but he'd had two disappointing seasons at the club before the start of this season so I tried to sell him last Summer but nobody wanted him. Unfortunately Craig's been lumped in the Reserve squad for this entire season and if nobody wants him this year I'll release poor old Craig from his contract myself.

Ideally my strikeforce next year will be Crouch, Higuain, Owen and Sinama-Pongolle (who was wasting away because of the amount of strikers so I sent him off on loan to Fullham, who've had a fairly good season) with Kuyt and Bellamy heading out the door and the man my scouts have been going crazy over since the start of the game, Aaron Niguez (who's joining me on a free transfer) spending the year on loan. If I can't sell Kuyt on I'll have to loan out Sinama-Pongolle for another year as well and if nobody wants him I'll have another over-abundance.

Sadly, this may also have to be the year Luis Garcia leaves the club, as while he's an awesome player, he's also getting on a bit and very injury prone. He's played like five games for us this year because he's had two nasty injuries. If Luis Garcia leaves I may consider selling Pennant as well, and buying somebody else to share time on the right wing with wonderkid Paul Anderson. Either that or I take my chances with Pennant and re-assess the situation in January.

Edited by Pesci Soze

Bought Sunny for £3m (he's an awesome 18/19 year old Nigerian kid, look him up) on July 17th 2007, but..."Next available date for transfer: 1st July 2008".

:@

Edited by stokeriño

Suazo was pretty poo for me but I guess in hindsight I was pretty harsh on him and didn't give him time to settle. He didn't hit the ground running, others around him stepped up and he became a fringe player. Cost me about £5m, did nothing for a few seasons and went to Celtic for 500k, which I was glad to get.

Anyone fancy making me three new Southampton kits? It is for our return to the Premiership.

Home, Away kit is black, and the alternative one is yellow. Stick on a new sponsor, and design it whatever way you like.

This might be a stupid question but how did you guys put yer kits up on the forums? I just started making using the photoshop trial and ive made three fantasy kits so far (those being Newcastle home, Arsenal home and Sheffield Wednesday home)

Ill put them up if anyones bothered about them and can tell me how to.

How's he doing for you? He's been absolutely amazing for me. Something like 21 goals so far, and the league's not even over yet.

Also, I signed Suazo after Cagliari went gaga and wow, the guy's awesome. You can pretty much put him in any offensive position and he'll do well.

Edited by IAceI

Sold Georgie Boyd for circa 300K and a couple of cup runs and promotion without spending anything then picked him up at the end of the first season on the transfer list.

Just double checked signing value £350k + signing on fee of 30% from Bradford who got him on a freebie. Had very bad luck with injuries. Broken ankle out for 3 months, broken wrist for 2 months and a few strains for 3 weeks/month at a time so I guess all the injuries led to them seeing him surpluss to requirements. Only had a couple of week long absences for us so been lucky so far.

Edited by lanky316

Well I finally finished 4th in the league and got to the FA Cup final, against Tottenham... and lost... on penalties... with Reina in goal. As if that could ever happen. Faggot game.

So that brings the tally of trophies I should've won but didn't to three now. The league last year seemed to be in the bag until the last fucking day where I couldn't beat bottom of the table Leeds on 10 points! Then the Champions League against Real Madrid which I suppose I'll shed no tears over, because Madrid are simply a better team. Then there's this FA Cup debacle. I should've won in normal time, let alone losing on penalties. Even the match report thought so.

So I've decided I'll buy another striker for fun. Kuyt could be agreeing terms with Sevilla but he didn't the last time I accepted their offer of 15m. He's only scored two in the Premiership in at least twelve first team appearences so good riddance. I've brought in Darren Bent because he's always getting at least 20 goals in the Premiership and I've decided I need a proven goalscorer. He'll no doubt flop.

And I won the Confederations Cup with England... on penalties.... against Columbia. I had no idea Paul Robinson was regarded as such a good penalty keeper. I haven't done much with the squad so far except make Fitz Hall my number one right back and Micah Richards a centre back alongside Terry.

Edited by Pesci Soze