Football Manager 2007

Dan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I changed tactics and won the League Cup. Then I got screwed out of the FA cup. Then I went on to win home games and lose away games. After that, I went on a 5-game winning streak(and I got 1/2 my first team injured too) getting me from 17th to 8th place with 3 games to go, Fullham home, Man City away and Bolton home. Right at that time Carew became gay and started complaining for not playing enough. So I put him as forward when we were winning 1-0 against Fullham with 10 minutes to go. He manages to score an own goal AND cause another goal, leaving us losing. Then against Man City I get creamed 4-1, I didn't even use Carew. Then, when my rage passed, I put Carew again against Bolton. The fucking butchers injured 3 more players, and I couldn't get Carew out even though he was playing like shit. We lost 2-0. I fine my keeper 4 times, and Carew once. My whole teams goes nuts because I fined him. >_>

Finished 16th. In 3 games I dropped 8 spots. <_< And I still go to the UEFA cup. :P

Maldonado and Delgado have been my ONLY consistent buys. Wilson plays well for a while, then scores an own goal. Some Israelian defender was getting shat on by pretty much every striker. Craig Gordon, the keeper, had 5 clean sheets in 32 games. Sorensen had 1 in about 20.

Hopefully I they'll all magically become better next season.

Can anyone think of any reason I would be unable to loan one specific player?

He's a goalkeeper, but I can loan other goalkeepers. Even from the same team. He's 24, it's August, and it works fine for any other player I've tried, but this one specific guy I want has the Loan option greyed out. :@

I'm Thurrock in the Conference South, trying to loan a guy from Plymouth's reserves. He's even listed for loan. :/

Oh shit, Mikel's on 13k a week and hes playin in Belgian division 3 for 3 years. Great. Thanx for the heads up.

Mikel will have quite a big current reputation and a sizable potential ability which combined with the fact that he'll probably tear that league apart means theres a chance he might get a work permit after one year. Maybe not this time since it's only half a seaon but after another full one he might get it.

Actually, hold the phone. Mikel? John Obi Mikel? Of Chelsea? How the hell doesn't he have a work permit? Are you like years into the game and he's done nothing but sit in the reserves?

Edited by Richard Ellis-Bextor

How can you even send them out if you can't sign them because they can't get a work permit?

You can now sign players without work-permits just like in real-life, but they have to be sent out on loan somewhere to get one.

Clean sweep of the December awards for Forest. I win manager of the month, my centre back wins Young Player of the Month, my most expensive signing EVAH (£25m striker Joáo) wins Player of the Month, and my other striker gets Goal of the Month.

Top of the league by 12 points, 40 goals for and only 9 goals conceded.

We are awesome.

Edited by therockbox

Championship relegation zone, took over at the beginning of 2017 after getting bored with Everton. Got promoted the season after, finished fourth in our first season in the Premiership. Won it in the second and got to the semi final of the CL on the way.

Can anyone think of any reason I would be unable to loan one specific player?

He's a goalkeeper, but I can loan other goalkeepers. Even from the same team. He's 24, it's August, and it works fine for any other player I've tried, but this one specific guy I want has the Loan option greyed out. :@

I'm Thurrock in the Conference South, trying to loan a guy from Plymouth's reserves. He's even listed for loan. :/

So I played the first seven games of the season and won six, drawing one, but the draw was against Man United away so I'm pleased. I also hadn't conceded a goal up until this point. Then I lost to Reading 2-1 in the most unrealistic display I've ever seen on the game. My players were being raped every time they got the ball and just about every pass got intercepted. I could put that down to a high closing down setting for their team, but not when it happens all the time. And also, my team took about an hour deciding what to do with the ball despite a quick tempo!

Anyway, with eight games played I'm something like four or five points clear at the top and hopefully we can sustain it this time, though my next game is against Chelsea and regardless of the venue, they'll trounce me <_<

Oh shit, Mikel's on 13k a week and hes playin in Belgian division 3 for 3 years. Great. Thanx for the heads up.

Mikel will have quite a big current reputation and a sizable potential ability which combined with the fact that he'll probably tear that league apart means theres a chance he might get a work permit after one year. Maybe not this time since it's only half a seaon but after another full one he might get it.

Actually, hold the phone. Mikel? John Obi Mikel? Of Chelsea? How the hell doesn't he have a work permit? Are you like years into the game and he's done nothing but sit in the reserves?

Mikel got sold to Inter Milan for an inordinate amount of money during my Villa game...£11m, I think it was.

So anyway, I just got myself a PSP (pre-owned), and in the process picked up FM2007 for it as well (also, pre-owned). I have to say, it's ridiculously easy to buy players on this version.

Started a Chelsea game, I have £59m to splash. I decided, on a whim, to make a bid for Mr. Beckham. For a start, he was somehow valued at a mere £8m (players valuations are weird in this game - Petr Cech £16m, Carlo Cudicini £2m? That is so harsh on Carlo) - but then, that didn't really faze me. Knowing the normal attitude of Real Madrid, they'd say "Yes Mr. Bond, you can have David Beckham...FOR ONE HUNDRED MILLION POUNDS." Though if I did decide to bid all £59m on him they'd accept anyway, only for David to prompty say "Me, Chelsea? Lolz mate." and make the whole thing moot.

In any case, that didn't happen, and Mr. Beckham signed for £17m. Seventeen fucking million.

Crouch swiftly followed for £12m (resulting in Liverpool having to play Fowler in their starting XI for every game - IT'S NOT THE 1990S ANYMORE), and I also bought Vidic in the January transfer window. Man Utd were typically being my best rivals, and were ahead of me in the table until I beat them at Old Trafford on New Year's Eve (thanks to Joe Cole luckily scoring off a free kick in the 88th minute) and Vidic was valued at a putrid £3.2m. Offered £5m. "No chance, he is an essential member of the squad and we don't want to sell him to one of our rivals." "How about £7m?" "Deal."

So that was the combined services of Beckham, Crouch and Vidic bought for less than £35m. Selling players is easier too - I transfer listed Wright-Phillips with a tag of £8m. Sevilla offered me £6.75m for him. "...I'd really rather prefer £8m," I said. When the hell was the last time any club was willing to up their offer like that in the normal FM? Not for a loooong time, as far as I remember. Nevertheless, they upped their offer to £8m only one day later. No fuss or anything. As I said, the transfer system on the PSP version is bizarre.

Absolutely fucking gutted.

Managed to sneak into the UEFA Cup through Fair Play with Everton, pummelled teams in the early rounds and opened the Premiership season with a 4-0 win over West Ham. Then it starts to go to shit, with a 1-0 loss to Middlesbrough and a 3-2 loss to Lillestrom at home (!) in the 1st round proper of the UEFA Cup. So I think, here we go, Man Utd, just what I need right now.

28 seconds in and Andy Johnson puts me 1 up. 6 minutes later and a Mikel Arteta free-kick doubles my lead. Gary Naysmith gives away a penalty for Scholes to convert, and it's 2-1. Johnson runs up the park and scoes a wondergoal to make it 3-1. Then Naysnith goes and gets himself a straight red card, right before half time. Fucker. Still, I'm leading 3-1 at half time.

Go into the 2nd half and Saha gets a goal with 20 minutes left, but I'm still 3-2 up. Then goals from Saha and Rooney in the final 2 minutes, and I lose 4-3. Absolutely gutted. I was near tears.

The data in my 10-year game got corrupted :(

I've started a new game with leagues in England, France, Germany, Italy, N.Ireland, Scotland and Spain switched on. My first job's at Kaiserslautern, German Second Division. They've given me 70k to spend, no one wants to come out on loan and the only guys I can get to sign are people in their mid-30s.

Fuck Germany <_<

Being Ajax in 2013 and having a buttload of money and being the Champions League winner like 5 years in a row now I can basically do whatever I want so what I do now is I "make" careers, sounds stupid I know. For example, I bought a Irish guy called Louis Edwards and some Swedish youngster called Bengtsson and now 3 years later Bengtsson is playing for Udinese or something and Edwards is playing for Middlesbrough, doesn't sound all that spectacular but they really sucked when they first started at Ajax. Also I like to "help" national teams, like Ivory Coast and Japan. I bought 4 guys from ASEC in Ivory Coast, and they were bad and now 1 plays in Holland, two play in France for Marseille and Auxerre and the other one is still at my club, all 4 of them are in the Ivory Coast national squad. I saw a decent 20 year old Japanese goalkeeper playing for some bad Japanese club and I knew he would rot there his entire career so I bought him and then loaned him out to a Eredivisie club, another career made and maybe he'll become a great keeper one day :P Also I noticed Holland's only decent goalkeeper in 2013 is basically Stekelenburg so I decided to help Holland getting a good goalkeeper (for my own good considering I'm the coach) so I bought a 21 year old from PSV Reserves, 'cause he has potential to be good and then I bought a promising 16 year old from Feyenoord for the future.

Anyways, you guys don't give a crap but I love my game ^_^ 2013 ftw.

Edited by Quasi Juice

Time for a proper update on my Reynir game, methinks.

I started unemployed, with the first two leagues from all the major European leagues on (and Iceland), and all English leagues.

After taking Reynir (newly promoted to the Icelandic First Division (i.e, bottom league out of the two in FM) in real life), to 4th place - narrowly missing out on promotion in the last two games of the season - the Bristol Rovers job comes up as the're dangerously close to relegation. Since they're my Favoured Club in the game (as in reality, obviously), I apply. The media kick up a shitstorm, but I say "I've supported them since I was a kid, of course I'm going to jump at the chance to manage them".

At which point Reynir fire me. And Rovers reject me in favour of Brian Little (which is fair enough ¬_¬). I end up at struggling Conference South side, Thurrock, with ten games to go. We manage to avoid relegation by ONE GOAL, and I strengthen the team considerably over the summer, including the ironic appointments of Paul Trollope as AssMan (current real-life Rovers boss), and James Hunt as captain (former real-life Rovers captain before he had a hissyfit over not being picked, and then booted out the door. In the game, he was just released because his stats are hilariously underrated).

So now we're about ten games into the English 2008/09 season, Reynir finished fourth again without me (although before I left I renewed the loans of our two top strikers, and they ended up scoring 56 goals between them this season, so I'd like to take some credit :P), and my Thurrock side are currently sitting tenth, after a fantastic start, followed by a series of 3-3 draws and 3-2 last-minute losses.

It seems that having the Bristol Rovers boss as your assistant, and their former captain in defensive midfield, makes having a great attack and a shit defence almost inevitable ¬_¬.

Oh, and that Josh Clapham guy from Plymouth? The one that I couldn't loan because his contract was running out? Yeah... signed him. He's earning double my next-most expensive player (and the same as Trollope), but he's probably worth it in the long run.

Almost forgot the secret to my success. No, it's not my 4-3-3 formation with two DMC's, it's Lino Goncalves, who I managed to get on loan when I got Fulham as my parent club (they also tried to sell me Heidar Helgusson. I don't think he'd have been too impressed even if I could afford the £44k price tag...). He's tearing up the Conference South.

Also I like to "help" national teams, like Ivory Coast and Japan. I bought 4 guys from ASEC in Ivory Coast, and they were bad and now 1 plays in Holland, two play in France for Marseille and Auxerre and the other one is still at my club, all 4 of them are in the Ivory Coast national squad. I saw a decent 20 year old Japanese goalkeeper playing for some bad Japanese club and I knew he would rot there his entire career so I bought him and then loaned him out to a Eredivisie club, another career made and maybe he'll become a great keeper one day :P
Edited by Farmer Reil