Football Manager 2007

Dan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FM 08 i dont think is happening. They are putting all their efforts into Football Manager Live instead I think, so there might just be an 07/08 official update from Si rather than a new game.

This was the impression I was getting as well. Maybe a feature or two sprinkled in, but other than that largely just a data update.

FML isn't due till next year, placed in the tentative category of 'Spring'. Hasn't been much build up on 08 though but even so, I wouldn't imagine a company like SI who only has limited software output would want to miss out on putting out a version this year given the guarenteed sales it would get.

Wow, I can't believe my luck. I finish 10th, fucking up a bunch of games. I'm cursing my luck because there's no way I could get to Europe like my fans wanted. Out of nowhere, England get randomly chosen to get an extra UEFA cup spot, and lucky me got the spot. At least now the angry mobs will stop telling the chairman to fire me. <_<

Also, Marvin Marezzo (now I spelt it right...) is a godsend. The guy got 21 league goals, second overall behing Bent. He scored so much he pretty much carried the team(including Given's dead weight) on his own. And he's loyal, unlike that pussy Young. He just got his first adult international cap, scoring 2 goals against Argentina. He said he was proud of it and that you didn't need to be in a big club to play international games. He also thanked me and the team, which is awesome. And he's only 21, so if he stays loyal, I've got a striker for about 12-13 years.

Also, that turkish defender I poached from a small team for $9k turned out to be a wonderkid, so now I'm rejecting bids from pretty much every big club. Juan Candela is in the same situation, just that he isn't a wonderkid. And the keeper Raul Garmendia is also getting plety of attention, but I aren't selling any of them. In a few years I'll have the most solid defense with a keeper that won't shit up. Seriously, Garmendia is an awesome keeper already, I'm sure it's thanks to him I dominated the reserve's league.

Oh, and Garmendia must also seems to have a huge problem with injuries. Seriously, he's 19 and has gotten over 10 injuries, around 4 of them for over 2 months. Hopefully it won't have too much effect in the long run...

Does anybody else like giving backstories to their characters? I know it sounds nerdy, but when I started a new game (which promptly died) with Spurs a few days ago, I made myself a Swiss-English manager with experience as a physio at Grasshopper, Monaco and Fullham before transitioning to a more hands-on role at Spurs which eventually led to the manager job :shifty:

Anyone else had a problem (I'd assume that's what it is) where youngsters end up tutoring themselves? Three of the kids I brought into my Arsenal team, after being tutored by someone from the first team, decided they'd give it a go as well. I doubt it'll matter too much, even if it will be annoying to have to wait until I can do it again with someone else.

FM really is THAT realistic.

:thumbsdown:

It doesn't make sense, we hammer Norwich, Sheff, Wolves and someone else (Southampton ?), then lose to Accrington Stanley, Luton, West Brom (fair enough, I guess), Derby, Leicester and Southend. I've brought in a few decent signings, the tactics are fine, trainings schemes are the same (well similar) I always use, so I can't really see why it's doing it - except we can't get a shot on target, ever.

Eh, you're right, it is realistic.

Oh and THE most annoying thing is the chairman saying "we'll allow you to overspend on a quality player, so long as we don't go over the clubs finances", I needed an extra 50k for Bale, yet it didn't give me the funds. Ken Bates all over that, overspend means less than 50k.

Edited by - Matt -