Football Manager 2007

Dan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From my experience, you've got to accept a lot of 'didn't seem to be listening' responses, or you get something worse. I still haven't quite mastered when to use the HT option of 'encourage the team,' since it seems to piss off my players more often than not. I just stick to the formula of 'tell your team they can win this match!' then at HT, 'declare yourself pleased' and the same at the end of the match. Occasionally throw in the odd 'tell your team you expect them to win' (because I'm a strong side in my current game) and that seems to freshen things up. Definitely one of the weakest modules at the moment.

Leicester 0 - 1 Barnsley

Barnsley 1 - 1 Preston

Ipswich 4 - 2 Barnsley

QPR 2 - 1 Barnsley

Cock. >_>

Beat Lincoln 2-0 in the League Cup though...

EDIT:

Wolves 0 - 3 Barnsley

Barnsley 2 - 1 Plymouth

Southend 1 - 1 Barnsley

I feel slightly better now. (Y)

Edited by stokeriño

In my third season as Charlton I'm currently in the Championship. I got relegated in the second season which I've never had happen to me before. Yet despite being relegated it's probably the most fun game I've had on any FM/CM. I seem to enjoy games more when I'm struggling.

We jumped out to around 25 points in 15 or so games in that second season and I thought Europe was possible but we went on one of the worst runs possible picking up just 13 points from the remaining 20 odd games. We needed to win the last game to stay up and Reading to lose. Reading lost and at half time we were 3-0 up but ended up drawing the game 4-4 and going down.

Currently 1st in the Championship with 88 points after 32 games (28 wins, 4 draws, 0 losses) and miles clear of Sunderland in 3rd place so promotion is pretty much a given as we've got the strongest team in the division by a long way. I'm aiming to finish with around 120. Despite going down I managed to keep all my players as I've turned Charlton into something of a financial force. We've got £32 million in the bank and I've got a transfer budget of around £20 million to ensure we stay up next season. We're currently the eigth biggest club in England, despite being out of the Premiership. The board expanded the ground over the first two seasons to 42,000 and we've got a lucrative deal set up with Miami for merchandising.

I'd like to point out Abou Diomande, he's in the Charlton Under 18's at the start. He came into the team due to injuries and despite not having the best stats all across the board he's got 16 in finishing and 20 pace and acceleration at the moment and I think everything is else is below or around 10 in mine. So far he's netted 14 goals in 11 starts and is keeping Henri Camara out of the side. Billy Sharp (signed from Scunthorpe for £2.2 million) is also knocking them in at about the same rate (24 goals in 31 starts).

So yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing how we do when we go back up.

Edited by LBTN x 3 = 41?

• Admin

Just got the game, the patch, and a load of graphics downloads, and started my first game (with my beloved Rovers of course).

First couple of days, and I beat Morecambe 2-0 in a nice friendly, then Milan come in for Lucas Neill, and my 4th choice GK Frank Fielding is wanted by virtually every team in the Championship.

Ah, it feels like home again.

Right near the end of my first season on Handheld.

Just beat Galatasaray 3-0 at home (Barney finally scored his first for us!) to record a 4-0 aggregate win to make it into the final of the UEFA Cup where I'll play Valencia who beat us in the group stages. GRUDGE MATCH!

Coming into the last game of the Premiership season and a slight fall off in form and very good form from those above us means that while there's a big gap back to ninth I'm gonna have to win and hope Newcastle don't in order to finish seventh. Still, we've got 'Boro who have struggled all season.

At the top Man U and Arsenal have 77 points, Liverpool on 75 and Chelsea back on 72. We're on 59, Newcastle 60 and West Ham 63, Villa on 67.

Chelsea knocked us out of the FA as well in the quarters and they're continuing to be my bogey team - I can draw with Arsenal and man Utd and beat Liverpool (away!) but I can't get anything against Chelsea. I also lose games against 18th, 19th, 20th for some reason....