Nintendo Wii

Benji

Why am I not seeing anything in the article about controller price? Anyway, the big news is even if the controllers are pricey, you're still getting games $10 cheaper and a game packaged with the console... been a long time since we've gotten that.

Nintendo's got a hell of a shot here, still don't think the masses are ready to hop on board, but we'll see November 19th.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The masses will hop on board.

What you don't know is that they have actually entrusted sensible Nintendo fanboys such as myself and Kraigy with weapons in order to convert the non-believers.

This may seem to take away our sensibleness, but when you are converted, you shall see the true way...

P.S Kraigy, yours is in the mail.

I've been a Nintendo fanboy nearly all of my life, I fricken' love Nintendo. Now this? This new generation Nintendo? It has cemented my faith in them... I STILL fricken' love Nintendo.

I'm excited about the system and especially Super Smash Brothers Brawl... I'm not going to deny that SSBB is probably one of the biggest reasons I'm buying it, but when taking that out I probably still would because, well, everything else just looks awesome.

I do have to admit I'll be likely buying the Gamecube controller case thing for the Wiimote though, considering I actually love the Gamecube controller type and hate the look of the Wiimote.

15th September 2006 - Today at a press conference held in London’s Docklands, Mr Iwata, Global President of Nintendo Co., Ltd. unveiled a new dimension in home entertainment. Nintendo announced ways to involve every member of the family in gaming via the new Wii console, as well as the much-anticipated price, date and software line-up for the console’s European launch.

Wii is set to revolutionise the face of gaming when it launches in Europe on 8th December 2006 at an estimated retail price of £179 (249 Euros), bundled with Wii Sports. Accompanying the console launch will be around 20 software titles including Wii Play and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and from third party publishers launch games include: Ubisoft’s RED STEEL, EA’s Need for Speed: Carbon, Activision’s Tony Hawk’s Downhill Jam, THQ’s Disney/ Pixar’s Cars and Sega’s Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz.

Included with every Wii console is one wireless Wii Remote, one Nunchuk, and the groundbreaking collection of five different Wii Sports games on one disk which anyone can play using simple physical movements.

Nintendo today set a new direction for the video games industry by using state of the art technology not just for enhancing graphics and processing power but to introduce new people to the world of video games by creating brand new entertainment that is fresh and accessible to everyone.

Mr Iwata, Nintendo’s President, outlined how the Wii would build on Nintendo’s learnings and existing success with DS and continue this expansion of the gaming audience in unique and unprecedented ways.

With Wii, Nintendo aims to create a console that can be enjoyed by every member of the family. Every Wii console will include a series of on-screen "channels" that make up the Wii Channel Menu. The Wii Channel Menu is the starting point for all of the console’s functions. The "channels" offer a gateway to a rich variety of entertainment options. When connected to a TV, the Wii Channel Menu offers a simple interface letting users pick games to play, get news or weather, view and send photos or even create playable caricatures of themselves to use in actual games. Additional functions allow users to download classic games to Wii’s Virtual Console.

Nintendo believe that encouraging users to pick up the controller to access the internet quickly, check the news or see tomorrow's weather is one way of ensuring that everyone in the household can use, interact and ultimately engage with Wii. And once users have picked up the controller to perform these basic functions, it’s a small step to get involved in some more fun game play action.

Wii launches across Europe on 8th December 2006 at the estimated retail price of 249 Euros (£179 in the UK). Nintendo first party games will retail at the estimated retail price of between 49 Euros and 59 Euros (£34 to £39 in the UK).

Additional controllers will also be available from launch at the estimated retail prices of: Wii Remote - 39 Euros (£29 in UK), Nunchuk – 19 Euros (£14 in UK) and the Classic Controller – 19 Euros (£14 in UK)

For further information about the Wii console, visit Wii.com.

The masses will hop on board.

What you don't know is that they have actually entrusted sensible Nintendo fanboys such as myself and Kraigy with weapons in order to convert the non-believers.

This may seem to take away our sensibleness, but when you are converted, you shall see the true way...

P.S Kraigy, yours is in the mail.

Wii Titles Region-Encoded

Games and online content will be region-specific.

by Alex Simmons

UK, September 15, 2006 - Wii games will not be region-free according to Nintendo UK's General Manager David Yarnton. Speaking exclusively with IGN at Nintendo's European Wii press event in London, Yarnton confirmed that Wii games and online content will be region-encoded, meaning European gamers won't be able to play titles from the US and Japan and vice-versa.

The news follows comments made by Perrin Kaplan, Nintendo of America's Vice President of Marketing and Affairs, which IGN reported on yesterday.

---

That's a shame, but, I'll survive just fine - although I'd have liked some NCAA Football if it's coming out on Wii :(

UK, September 15, 2006 - Wii games will not be region-free according to Nintendo UK's General Manager David Yarnton. Speaking exclusively with IGN at Nintendo's European Wii press event in London, Yarnton confirmed that Wii games and online content will be region-encoded, meaning European gamers won't be able to play titles from the US and Japan and vice-versa.

All the game boys and the DS (I tjink) are region-free. I suppose British Nintendo fans finally though their ship was coming in. Being allowed to play a game when it actually comes out? OMGWEMUSTSTOPTHIS.

Articles like this may have stirred up the expectation: http://uk.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entr...pic_id=24981977.

All the game boys and the DS (I tjink) are region-free. I suppose British Nintendo fans finally though their ship was coming in. Being allowed to play a game when it actually comes out? OMGWEMUSTSTOPTHIS.

Articles like this may have stirred up the expectation: http://uk.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entr...pic_id=24981977.

ON SSBB, I WILL DESTROY ALL OF YOU WITH META KNIGHT, AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO STOP ME BITCHES.

Edited by The Mask of Norro