What music are you listening to?

Benji

Testing out whether my infatuation with Emily Kokal of

can be translated to the music. Update soon.

I err.... I don't know if I actually like it. It's quite bizarre and ethereal. Maybe I'll give it a few more listens in the future. "Billie Holiday" which is a sort-of cover of "My Guy" is good though. For the moment I'll just stick to lusting after Kokal. :wub:

Edited by TheModernWay

I desperately want to get into Meshuggah. I've listened to New Millenium Cyanide Christ a million times and it's such a perfect song for one of those damn angry, young, testosterone-fueled men. (Y) But every other song by the band is literally the same chords again and again and again and again and again and again and again... I can't find another song like it. Anyone listen to the band and can give me a stepping stone to the rest of the songs?

Oh, and I'm also listening to Gojira. (H)

You are a horrible man for not liking Meshuggah. A horrible, horrible man.

No! I LOOOOOOOVE Meshuggah, but I don't know how to unlock that love! New Millenium Cyanide Christ has done amazing things to me, but I need to find the songs that will lead me into them. Think of them like stepping-stones. Where do I go from NMCC? Future Breed Machine, Straws Pulled At Random and Bleed seem like the most obvious ones, but they're just outside the line. :pervert:

Glee Original Soundtrack: Volume 1 (10/10) I love this record, not only because I know the stories behind every song (yeah I watch Glee LOL) but also because I can actually relate to the most of the songs... they're good singers, I appreciate the characters that sings the songs... so yep, I have a weak spot for this record.

I'm currently listening to Demo Magnetic, the demo version of Metallica's latest album Death Magnetic. It comes with the Coffin Box special version of the album. I don't know if it's cool or sad that the demo versions of the songs sound generally better than the final product. Some of the lyrics are very different, and song names are just some random jibberish, but the raw, unproduced sound is really really awesome. This is the kind of "gritty garage sound" they should've gone for with St. Anger...

Edited by Jayzon

Listening to Brad, the side project of Pearl Jam's Stone Gossard. Really nice, light, pop feel-good sound.

Had the free single

off their upcoming album 'Best Friends?' for a while now and I really like it. Look forward somewhat to when the album's out.

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCfa4m8p8Io

Edited by TheModernWay

Alphabeat are awesome. "DJ" is easily my favourite tune of the year (although I'm not massive on the single mix).

Proper bumming "Take Cair Paramour" by Ashbury Heights at the minute. It's like someone's mixed New Order and VNV Nation and thrown in a fit as fuck bird on backing vocals for good measure. If only it broke out into some 'tech-punk' at random intervals, it'd be all my favourite things in music rolled into one.

"Songs For Swinging Lovers" by The Indelicates is creeping more and more towards one f my favourites of the year. Bloody good.

Also getting massively behind "What Happened" by Dog & Panther...it's a little bit Postal Service, a little bit of the more delicate Polyphonic Spree moments...but I'm getting behind it mostly as the vocalist literally sounds like an amalgamation of John K Samson and Ben Gibbard...it's AMAZING...he's like their lovechild. :wub:

And I got 'made' to listen to Radiohead yesterday. They are a damn good band, but I do find them a bit boring at times.

Alphabeat are awesome. "DJ" is easily my favourite tune of the year (although I'm not massive on the single mix).

Hadn't heard that before, thanks. It's pretty cool.

Scandinavians do some really awesome stuff. Donkeyboy is a pretty similar band to Alphabeat and tore up the Norwegian charts for aaaages with "Ambitions":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_WQ6u9os50

Pretty much loving them at the moment, and would highly recommend "Stereolife" and "Somehow".

Listened to The Goo Goo Dolls' "Dizzy Up The Girl" after re-discovering the blindingly beautiful "Iris" and feeling someone shitty anyway. And the album is entirely bland bar that song and "Slide", which I already had anyway.

Edited by TheModernWay