What music are you listening to?

Benji

I've been blasting through alot of Meshuggah and Gehenna recently. Got the 'None' EP with Meshuggah, and godamn, it is godly. The Gehenna stuff is something I've had for a long time but never really listened to. Honestly, it is perhaps some of the most catchy blackened death metal I've heard in a quite some time. So yeah, go Fredrik Thordendal and your polyrhytmic sons of bitches in Meshuggah.

SOiL. Lots of SOiL. Mainly just the first album Scars (with MY LITTLE HALO), and to a lesser degree the second album re.de.fine. Sometimes their latest, Picture Perfect too, but the current singer has nothing on Ryan McCoombs.

So after being stuck in the 70's prog-rock era for about a week, I have turned my attention to classical music (Edawrd Grieg, Johannes Brahms, Mozart and the likes). It seems I am on a weird backwards time warp and soon I'll be trying to scrape up authentic medieval music with lute, flute and skindrum.

Against Me!- White Crosses

Initially I was turned off by how different it sounded from Against Me's old stuff, but I am absolutely loving it now.

Alkaline Trio- This Addiction

Best Alkaline Trio album since Good Mourning, easily.

I've absolutely fallen in love with Pomplamoose's cover of Lady Gaga's "Telephone". It's got a very soulful and 80's pop feel to it which I love. They took out Beyonce's verse so it's somewhat short but they did an amazing job on the actual musicianship aspect of it. Lots of layers and the vocals by Nataly Dawn are incredible. They do lots of covers and sometimes her voice doesn't fit (Beat It) but on this song it's perfect.

• Like 1