What music are you listening to?

Benji

Broken Social Scene's "Forgiveness Rock Record, self-titled Crystal Castles, "Cosmogramma" by Flying Lotus and "the Bride Screamed Murder" by the Melvins.

Along with the necessary Dave Matthews, I've been listening to Jack Johnson's new album, "To The Sea." It's far superior to "Sleep Through the Static," it's more in the vein of "Brushfire Fairytales." And that's never a bad thing.

Right now, however, I'm listening to a Wisconsin classic...

I went to watch The Guns again (third time) last night, and they were much better than the Christmas debacle, and possibly better than the first time I saw them too. Played some new stuff, one of which had a cool riff.

They were supported by LaFaro, who were basically Northern Irish Nirvanaites. They were pretty damn good too. Just got done listening to their album on Spotify (:wub:), and it starts off great, but near the end peters off. Still some great proper grunge songs at the start though.

Eminem- Relapse

8/10

Alot of people didn't like this album but I thought it was very good, my favourite songs being: Hell Breaks Loose and Hello

Hard Fi- No Cover Art

10/10

I just love this CD and really anything by Hard-Fi

The Hoosiers- The Trick to Life

10/10

My two favourite CD's ^^

OOPARTS by the pillows. Honestly kind of a letdown thusfar; it's on par with a lot of their post-2003 records, but 2008's PIED PIPER was a huge return to form for the band and I was hoping for something on that level, and instead I have an album that's pleasant, I guess, but it's rarely going above that level (and when they are, it's with songs that sound kind of like older songs of theirs, which is probably a recurring threat for most bands that have been consistently putting out albums on very nearly a yearly basis for the last twenty years).

EDIT: It's picking up at the end here, though. "Primer Beat" is amazing, and "LIFE SIZE LIFE(The bag is small, and I don't enter)" is the most awe-inspiringly bizarre song title I've seen in a while.

Here's "Primer Beat" with some dude playing guitar over it, but it still sounds good.

Allmusic, of course, gave it a 4.5 out of 5 and claimed that PIED PIPER was "a band going through the motions." Which only further supports my belief that the Allmusic reviewers are twits.

I have been raging through some Godspeed You! Black Emperor for the last two days. It is the complete combo of what I love in music; high-level musicianship, intricate song structures, thinking mans music, it is just as perfect as perfect can be. Saying this, however, is kind of contradictionary compared to some other stuff I listen to but who cares, GY!BE is awesome.

Man, I love Spotify.

It has allowed me to listen to The Bronx's last two albums (The Bronx 2 & 3) and I've just listened to Reuben's "Racecar is Racecar Backwards" album at the suggestion of a friends. I now like both. I may give the Mariachi El Bronx album/project a skip though.

I also gave Killswitch Engage's album "Alive or Just Breathing", their last album before Howard Jones stepped in for vocals. It was ok.

It's also allowed me not to waste a download on Between the Buried and Me's latest album, "The Great Misdirect".

Edited by TheModernWay

I've heard a couple of songs of the mariachi album, and don't get me wrong, they're not bad, but they didn't hold my attention really, and I doubt they will for a whole album. For mariachi though it is good and is certainly interesting. I may end up giving it a spin on Spotify though, but doubt I'll go for a download like the others.

That said, The Bronx are a bastard for iTunes. Three albums, all called The Bronx, and the first of which isn't on the iTunes database either.

EDIT: I haven't stopped listening to Reuben's "Racecar" album since my mate recommended it about a week ago. I love it's sound, and it's lyrics are really speaking to me. And there's something strangely familiar about it, kind of like a big mix of random British bands like Bush (mainly the voice reminds me a little of Gavin Rossdale) and Fightstar, crossed with the likes of Brand New.

Edited by TheModernWay