What music are you listening to?

Benji

Devin is god. No two ways about it. Anything he touches becomes gold. I'm already fearing how fucking immense the upcoming "Deconstruction" album is going to be - he's said that it's the heaviest album of his career. How fucking heavy can it be??? o_O

Weezer - Raditude

Ow ow ow why do I continually do this to myself. I'm glad you're so amped up on writing songs for sixth graders, Rivers Cuomo, but it's just not for me (and to be honest, I would have loathed this in eighth grade and quite possibly seventh grade too). Absolutely awful, awful music. "Can't Stop Partying" is just insultingly bad.

Weezer - Raditude

Ow ow ow why do I continually do this to myself. I'm glad you're so amped up on writing songs for sixth graders, Rivers Cuomo, but it's just not for me (and to be honest, I would have loathed this in eighth grade and quite possibly seventh grade too). Absolutely awful, awful music. "Can't Stop Partying" is just insultingly bad.

I'm glad it flopped in the UK, at the very least. I despise this album so much, it dampens their legacy quite a bit.

Devin is god. No two ways about it. Anything he touches becomes gold. I'm already fearing how fucking immense the upcoming "Deconstruction" album is going to be - he's said that it's the heaviest album of his career. How fucking heavy can it be??? o_O

Nah, he's said that he is in doubt of that statement; he has also said that Deconstruction might be compared to a musical but that skeptical as well but I mean, this is Devin Townsend, he is pretty much unpredictable.

Weezer - Raditude

I'm glad it flopped in the UK, at the very least. I despise this album so much, it dampens their legacy quite a bit.

The last half-decade of their existence dampens their legacy quite a bit. I prefer to pretend that after Maladroit a bunch of aliens abducted the band.

Weezer - Raditude

The last half-decade of their existence dampens their legacy quite a bit. I prefer to pretend that after Maladroit a bunch of aliens abducted the band.

The Red Album was bearable because of 'The Greatest Man That Ever Lived'. Other than that, I agree.

I honestly don't hate bands very often, but I really do hate Weezer. It's almost like they want to make bad music. They've spent the last 5 years completely shitting on the legacy they had. I can't even listen to the Blue Album anymore.

My mate gave me some albums the other day and so I've been going through them.

Limp Bizkit - Unquestionable Truth pt.1

I like it, but I love Limp Bizkit. It's not their best (and only 7 tracks long), but I still like it).

Biffy Clyro - Only Revolutions

Eh, it's ok. I'm not a fan of indie, but as a whole it's not bad. I find the guy's voice to be "too Scottish", I just prefer American singing voices to almost all British voices, especially the recent trend of the cockney type singing voices.

Brand New - Daisy

I was a bit distracted whilst listening to it, so can't judge that fairly, but I think I prefer Devil & God Are Raging Inside Me.

Chickenfoot - Chickenfoot

I heard a song or two before he gave it to me, and so I was going into it thinking that there's nothing wrong with it, it just seems like a more bland version of Audioslave. Gave it a listen and I kind of have the same feeling, but still came out liking the album. Overall, I guess just don't like the lead singer's voice that much.

Incubus - Moments and Melodies (2 disc Greatest Hits thing)

Currently listening to the shorter CD2, not heard 1 at all yet. It's not bad. I bit too generic again, and personally I think that the singer's voice isn't what I'm looking for, but by no means terrible. Quite liking what I'm hearing so far.

also:

Them Crooked Vultures - Them Crooked Vultures

Heard a sample the other day and thought that it sounded like QOTSA. I wiki'd them. Turns out I was right. Listened to the whole album. Turns out I was even more right. It is basically QOTSA just with Dave Grohl drumming, which doesn't really mean anything different. And if even it was called QOTSA, I'd still say that it's a more boring version of QOTSA (keeping in mind I know QOTSA from the awesomeness that is the self-titled, R and Songs for the Deaf).

Edited by TheModernWay
  • Like 1

Biffy Clyro - Only Revolutions

Eh, it's ok. I'm not a fan of indie, but as a whole it's not bad. I find the guy's voice to be "too Scottish", I just prefer American singing voices to almost all British voices, especially the recent trend of the cockney type singing voices.

How dare you sully Biffy by calling them indie :angry: you sir have gone too far... TOO FAR

• Like 1

I'm more intrigued by what the "recent trend of cockney type singing voices" relates too.

And my problem with Biffy is they're not Scottish enough. They teeter on the edge, but just don't embrace it enough.

I'm more intrigued by what the "recent trend of cockney type singing voices" relates too.

And my problem with Biffy is they're not Scottish enough. They teeter on the edge, but just don't embrace it enough.

I heard a rumour a while ago that a lot of people like Kate Nash, Lily Allen, etc... learnt from the same teacher or a the same performing arts school and as a result we started to get these "auirky cockney artisits"... Not sure if its true but like I say I heard it. then obviously people have then picked up as it is "cool".

(Them Crooked Vultures) is basically QOTSA just with Dave Grohl drumming

The bassist is John Paul Jones. The bassist is John Paul Jones.

I'm listening to it now. I rather like it in a "I will probably never listen to this album again" way. Solid generic rock & roll.

I'm listening to Them Crooked Vultures as well. I was about to come on here and say "why is no one praising this holy project?" But I understand. It sounds a lot like QOTSA, a lot like their latest two albums, but even so, there's something sort of different about TCV, that I'm liking. Plus, anything from Josh Homme is pretty good. And, you can't admit that some songs are incredibly good musically. "Elephants," "Gunman," "Scumbag Blues," to name a few.

Also picked up Eagles of Death Metal Peace, Love, Death Metal. Sounds pretty good as my first album from em. Sounds too rough cut, but I guess you come to expect it being there first album. Seems like I should have got Heart On though. Jesse Hughes is a crazy man.

Also got the Dead Weather's new album Horehound last week. fan-dabi-dozi stuff all around. Some songs are hit or miss but as a whole its a fan-dabi-dozi album. There supposedly going back in the studio in December to work on another album. Should be fan-dabi-dozi.

Also, my cousin who lives over in England sent me three albums which I have yet to open. Can some one give me there opinions/reviews on these three albums:

The Cramps - ...Off the Bone

Happy Mondays - Pills 'N' Thrills and Bellyaches

Joe Meek - The Alchemist of Pop: Home Made Hits & Rarities 1959-1966