What music are you listening to?

Benji

I'm pimping Alice In Chain's new single "A Looking in View". Nice and heavy, but yet melodic vocals too. Some one commented that there's no real climax in the form of a solo or whatever which I agree, but the more times I've listened to it, the more the chorus has stood out.

Check it out:

For some reason Wavves by Wavves is the fucking sickest song ever for me the past couple of days. I never liked em, deleted em and shit. Then I saw their daytripping video on Pitchfork where they were doing a show and people were climbing on the roof above the guy and collapsing everywhere and I was like holy shit, this deserves another try. I did so and most of it is shit but that song = the fucking sickest thing. I'm So Bored is alright, too.

+ the new Atlas Sound/Panda Bear collaboration has been getting a lot of listens. With new Islands coming in a little after that. I've tried to get into the new Dodos but I just can't. I am disappointed.

EDIT: and I just figured out Wavves has this new song up on Stereogum. It is wonderful. Different but wonderful!

Edited by Mr Evil Guy

I listened to Muse's new song there and I'm not at all impressed with it. They seem to be suffering from head-up-arse syndrome and the song is just woeful. The song sounds like Innuendo. It has gay as fuck lyrics and a gay as fuck ending. It seems they're following on from Knights of Cydonia stylistically which is as shit as a song can possibly be. The level of "epicness" just seems forced and plastic, as is the case with Knights of Cydonia. :(

Maybe it will grow on me. But I doubt it. If I wanted to listen to overblown bombastic wank I have a perfectly "good" copy of Innuendo. But I rarely want to listen to such a thing.

Edited by Cnut the Great

Picked up the new Our Lady Peace record "Burn, Burn" yesterday. Delighted to report that it's their best album in 9 years, and they've finally managed to cast aside Bob Rock blandness. Best songs - Monkey Brains, Escape Artist, Never Get Over You, The Right Stuff (only available on iTunes and the deluxe edition). It's not 90's OLP good or anything, but it's headed in that direction.

I've really gotten into Hollywood Undead's album over the past few months, whereas before I just sort of 'liked' them. It's quickly becoming one of my favourite albums of this time, though.

On top of that, I'm recycling some old classics in Slaughter, L.A. Guns and Britny Fox.

I still love the new Idlewild album. I really do think it is the best thing they've ever done. Even better than the Remote Part which was already one of my favourite albums ever. I'd say that The Remote Part has better individual tunes (i.e. Tell Me Ten Words, Out Of Routine, Live In A Hiding Place.), as did 100 Broken Windows (Actually It's Darkess) and Hope Is Important (When I Argue I See Shapes). However those three albums do suffer from being weighed down by a bit of bumph, particularly the latter two. Post Electric Blues, however, doesn't feature a single bad song, and more than its fair share of very good songs.

Edited by Cnut the Great

Alaska's better. <_<

Oh and I've been listening to a lot of These Arms Are Snakes lately, specifically their album "Oxeneers or The Lion Sleeps When Its Antelope Go Home".

Edited by Livid Soprano

• 2 weeks later...

Lily Allen's latest record.

Fucking awesome stuff.

I did a review of it and I don't remember where it is :shifty: but it's still about as great as I remember. Great use of electronic music for once in the dreck of electro production in pop, and Allen's like the right mix of sardonic, sweet, and feminist (the "I don't like seeing women objectified" type). It's so cute. Thumbs up.

I downloaded the Grizzly Bear album when it came out and gave it a few spins. However recently, I've been listening to it nonstop. The last month, their album is all I can listen to. At first I found it incredibly boring, but it's got so much depth and versatility. It's a record that really does grow upon multiple listens... and in my view, has three classic points to it. Starts off strong and hits Two Weeks. Than we get some down time and we get Ready, Able. Brilliant fucking song. We get some more great songs and than While You Wait For The Others bring it back to classic territory. So good. Nico is amazing... it's funny because my top two records of the year had arrangements done by him. Fucking guy can do anything.