What music are you listening to?

Benji

Yea, also got some Black Keys albums. Their latest three. I'd say Rubber Factory is there best album. Listening to them makes me want to go listen to some original blues. John Lee Hooker, R.L. Burnside, Junior Kimbrough, Muddy Waters, T-Model Ford. I doubt I would find any blues albums in a place like Best Buy or a typical store like that, except for maybe John Lee Hooker. I've been really into delta blues music for the past month or so.

Also, if anyone can give me reviews for those three albums I stated earlier, that would be appreciated.

Limp Bizkit - Unquestionable Truth pt.1

I like it, but I love Limp Bizkit. It's not their best (and only 7 tracks long), but I still like it).

I think it's Bizkit's best album since Significant Other, even though it's just an EP. Just some really good, raw songs in there. I especially love "The Truth".

I'm really liking the Incubus album(slash Greatest Hits thing) he gave me now. IT kinda fits the mood I'm in at the moment, somethning that's still rock, but a bit lighter and freer, and generally a little sentimental. IF that makes sense. "Are You In?" is a fan-dabi-dozi harmonies and bass styled track, the most listened to song on it (baring "Stellar" which doesn't count as I've had that since Guitar Hero 1 came out :shifty:).

I don't think I'd go out of my way to get the rest of their stuff or full individual albums, but the greatest hits is serving me well at the moment.

Been listening to a lot of Fightstar recently. Well, I always have, they're my favorite band, just been listening to them more due to the fact I may be going to see one of their shows soon and to hype myself for the re-release of Be Human. Also managed to "obtain" some B-Sides, such as their cover of "She Drove Me To Daylight Television" as well, so yeah, the internet is a wonderful thing.

Also, Barenaked Ladies are awesome. My friend got me obsessed with them after loaning me Disk One: All Their Greatest Hits, and already knew a few of their songs anyway, specifically The Old Apartment, One Week and If I Had $1,000,000. All three are probably still my favorite three from them, although I do like Pinch Me, Be My Yoko Ono and Brian Wilson as well.

De La Soul are now officially my favorite Hip Hop group ever. Downloaded their discog on recommendation from a friend (Same one who loaned me the Barenaked Ladies CD, on that note), and yeah, really enjoyed it. Only song I had from them beforehand was Feel Good Inc, and even then I'm not sure that counts.

I also picked up Hollywood Undead's New EP, Desperate Measures... ehh. They're alright I guess. Still give the general vibe of "the band that's cool for a year then they can fuck off" or whatever, but yeah, they seem to have some talent in there... I guess. I dunno, I'm just trying to be nice. :shifty:

Alexisonfire managed to nail Old Crows/Young Cardinals. Before it, they where one of those bands I'd gladly listen to, but didn't actually care about. Like Breaking Benjamin and Korpiklaani. But yeah, I enjoyed it. Still, they're less cool now then they where before either way, because I've only just found out they're called "Alexis On Fire" instead of "Alex Is On Fire" like I originally though... *shot*

I heard Crashed the Wedding on some random radio station and now I have about seven Busted songs stuck in my head. Help. D:

My taste in music been wacky recently. I basically like everything (except Bring Me The Horizon <_<) anyway, but generally at different points instead of being obsessed with everything at once... *shot*

Ignite's "Our Darkest Days" is one of my favourite albums of the past five years. I lost it the last time my laptop fucked up, and only just re-acquired it. Best thing I've done all week.

Also listened to "Miracle Kicker" by Dark Captain Light Captain before for the first time in a while. Fantastic album.

Other than those two, I've listened to a lot of Four Year Strong and Strung Out today (basically all week, really). Been a good day.

When they came out at the end of September, I would've said that I much preferred Pearl Jam's "Backspacer" to Alice in Chains' "Black Gives Way To Blue", but the last week or so, I've really been pimping AIC almost everyday, and in fact Backspacer has slipped a little in favour of "Vs.", which I've been listening to a lot lately also. I would almost definately say that "Black Gives Way to Blue" is my favourite AIC album (Jar of Flies being level pegging but an EP).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just been introduced to the Danish band "Mew" by my boss. He's a good lad.

They're excellent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFjKALF454g

Now that is a fabulous music video. And "She Came Home For Christmas" is the most gorgeous song about child abuse ever. :shifty:

Edited by YI