What music are you listening to?

Benji

• 2 weeks later...

Today's Times quiz had a question about Death, the 1970's proto punk band formed by three black brothers who had wanted to be in a funk band until they saw The Who and Alice Cooper and switched their style up.

they fucking rule so hard.

there's a documentary about them included with Amazon Prime if you have it. Looking forward to watching it later.

• Like 3

The seminal stoner doom song/band, "Dopesmoker" by Sleep. A 1 hour, 3 minute song. Fun fact: it took the band 4 years to write the song, another 8 (roughly) to record it, and then they couldn't find a label that would release it officially until 2003 when Tee Pee Records released it, in its unedited, 63 minute version. 

Drop out of life with bong in hand
Follow the smoke toward the riff-filled land

• Like 2

Possibly the best thing out of Denmark that isn't metal. Also the twerker is actually a feminist

Edited by DanishmadePunk

On 06/11/2018 at 22:01, K said:

Today's Times quiz had a question about Death, the 1970's proto punk band formed by three black brothers who had wanted to be in a funk band until they saw The Who and Alice Cooper and switched their style up.

they fucking rule so hard.

there's a documentary about them included with Amazon Prime if you have it. Looking forward to watching it later.

Detroit rock man. 

So, a few years ago my friend saw them in Kalamazoo, Michigan. He got them to sign a 7 inch record for me, that was nice. I'm not an autograph guy or anything but it's cool to have. 

The new ("new") Metallica is maybe the most I've liked a Metallica album since Master of Puppets. It feels much tighter than St. Anger or Death Magnetic, and the lead singles are all super good. I believe one AVClub reviewer called it "77 minutes of endless thrashing" and said it "gets boring", but to me, 77 minutes of endless thrashing is the perfect Metallica album. :shifty:

This is some wierd stuff. But i like it. 
Its "That Gangsta shit" bt Kenny Dope mixed with "props over here" by the beatnuts mixed with "Yaylalar" by Selda Bagcan and finally an old danish childrens song.