What music are you listening to?

Benji

I had a wild craving for metal yesterday so of course I hit up some French black metal. I can recommend Insane Vesper and Ad Hominem because man, they are awesome. The whole ordeal was topped by my tenth or so listen to Marduk's "Plague Angel" which is pretty much my favorite black metal record of all time.

At the shop today, I've been listening to a shit-ton of The Eclectic Moniker a new Danish rock band mixing indie rock with calypso rhytms. It is actually really quite good and enjoyable.

Silversun Pickup's new album is on Spotify. Listened to it yesterday and from what I remember I liked it, very much along the same lines of the other two so no complaints here. Giving it a second listen now.

On second listen (and now half-way through my third) of Silversun Pickup's new album Neck of the Woods, I'd possibly say it's my overall favourite full album of theirs. But it's sort of lacking any real singles, it only works well as a complete album for me, whereas the likes of Swoon had "Panic Switch" (which I fucking love) to carry it.

Ghost's Opus Eponymous. Meh. It's fine.

I really liked it, simply because it was so silly.

On at work, I am listening to the new Fun. album. Why did nobody tell me this was such an upbeat group? I think I am starting to like this whole power pop thing. Also, I swear that Nate Reuss is on and off possesed by the ghost of Freddie Mercury; sometimes, when he phrases, he sounds exactly like the guy.

As the weather warms up, I am growing more and more fond of this Eclectic Moniker debut LP. It is honestly a really awesome summer record and I think I am in love with it. Hopefully I'll get to see them live when I head to Jelling Festival this Sunday.

Just finished Pink Floyd's "Animals", at work. No matter how many times I listen to this album, Gilmour's major riffage on "Sheep" never stops me from going into full-on air guitar mode.

I know Mick Jagger is slagged off a lot but he pulled out an oldie along with Arcade Fire and it's really quite good. Far better than I expected.

<br>

<iframe id="NBC Video Widget" width="512" height="347" src="http://www.nbc.com/assets/video/widget/widget.html?vid=1402579" frameborder="0"></iframe>

<br>

Not bad for a 69 year old!

Man, my moods are weird as fuck. First couple times I started spinning Hell on Wheels I couldn't get into it like I could Fu Manchu's other stuff, but now it's got me from word one.

EDIT: Solid, fun album. No standout tracks but everything was good.

EDDIT: Rye Coalition. Phwoar.

I've been listening to a metric fuck-ton of Beach Boys these last few days. I've grown completely obsessed with them, and I have no idea how it happened. So far, after listening to most of their more serious material, I've decided that "Surf's Up" is my favorite.

I know Mick Jagger is slagged off a lot but he pulled out an oldie along with Arcade Fire and it's really quite good. Far better than I expected.

<br>

<iframe id="NBC Video Widget" width="512" height="347" src="http://www.nbc.com/assets/video/widget/widget.html?vid=1402579" frameborder="0"></iframe>

<br>

Not bad for a 69 year old!

Yeah that was really quite good. Kinda sad that a 69 year old singing a near 50 year old song is probably the highlight of the entire SNL season though.

Surs Up is good! Long Promised Road is my favourite song on it. I also like 20/20 and Sunflower.

Have you heard the new Beach Boys tune? It is surprisingly good!

I have but man, you can really hear that all those drugs and whatever have taken their toll on Brian. He can't really do falsetto anymore. Honestly, you can really hear they are old as hell. The song itself is enjoyable, though, I still adore the vocal harmonies.