What music are you listening to?

Benji

I like Darkness On The Edge Of Town best.

Yeah, it's the best. By far. I used to like Nebraska more than anything, because the E Street Band pissed me off - too much of Born To Run and Born In The USA was a little too bombastic to my tastes - but Darkness On The Edge Of Town is the E Street Band rocking out without ever overshadowing the music. Its a big sound, but still understated. And between the title track and "Racing In The Street", has some of The Boss' best songwriting.

Been listening to some Baroness lately, way too rarely i find bands that i get excited about these days. Bought Red and Blue albums immediately and got the Yellow & Green pre-ordered. What's next, Gold and Silver?

Edited by The Sandman

Today I have been listening to Ginger Wildheart's new one, which isn't very good. Also, Lissie's "Covered With Flowers" EP. I don't really know who Lissie is, but it's nice. Donnie & Joe Emerson's "Dreamin' Wild" is the best thing I've heard in ages - so good that I wish I'd discovered it bloody ages ago. And Stevie Jackson's solo album is wonderful, and has the fantastic title "(I can't get no) Stevie Jackson".

I heard the first single from the record a few months ago on Stereogum or something and it was really good, but I snoozed on the release of the album proper.

The new Van der Graaf Generator record "ALT" is really good. I'm not a prog guy by nature, but they've incorporated a lot of free and soul jazz elements to produce something that feels really vibrant and special. Well worth going after.

Is it really that bad? I haven't been offended by their new tracks the way some people have, it seems. I theorize that the same thing will happen that happened when Mastodon released "The Hunter".

Kowloon Walled City's Gambling on the Richter Scale. This band's name has intrigued me for a long time, but this is my first listen. Solid enough sludge. Would definitely recommend "Sleep Debt" and "Paper Houses." Worth a look into for any fans of sludge and doom.

Giving the new Matisyahu, Frank Ocean, and Baroness albums a whirl today. High hopes for the Ocean tracks featuring Mayer and Andre 3000, but it'll probably be marred by some greasy guy giving me hell because it's not Maiden or the most obscure black metal possible.

People. (N)

Giving the new Matisyahu, Frank Ocean, and Baroness albums a whirl today. High hopes for the Ocean tracks featuring Mayer and Andre 3000, but it'll probably be marred by some greasy guy giving me hell because it's not Maiden or the most obscure black metal possible.

People. (N)

What?