What music are you listening to?

Benji

Everything Everything's new one.

As with everything else they've done, there are bits of it I really like and it's a bit addictive. But, to me, it's like the chorus, verses and bridge are from three different songs (especially the chorus), it's becoming a habit of theirs. The lead singer's falsetto is still a sticking point too. Love the opening and the "BAD! And it's creeping its way through my windows!" bit though.

Edited by badotori

Gave the new Dylan, Avett Brothers, and Dave Matthews Band a listen through this week. The Dylan is surprisingly good. Has a lot of the grit almost in spite of the production; reminds me of Dr. John's previous record in that it sounds clear and clean, but has the essence of the artist front and center.

Avetts have another solid record. "Paul Newman vs. The Demons" is a.) a great song title and b.) a great song.

DMB is your typical DMB record. Nothing out of the ordinary, nothing really bad.

I love the track "Shark Niggas" off of Only Built for Cuban Linx a lot more now because Ghostface is like "I don't want nobody soundin' like me on no album!" Fast forward 20 years later, Action Bronson sounds exactly like Ghost and Ghost is giving him props.

Green Day's Uno, an album for people that whine about Green Day not sounding like they used to. Though they've for some they chose to release 2 singles that re-inforce that idea. Everything else sounds like it could have come off of nimrod.

Also, Red City Radio's The Dangers of Standing Still. If you like The Menzingers (and you should) you should definitely check them out.

Just listening to Medulla by Bjork. Never really heard her before and though I was proven right because this is not my style at all, it is still pretty interesting and good in parts. It's never really bad, but it's so out there and I don't equate "going out on a limb and having success" with "good," it's got to strike a chord with me. Really dug "Who Is It" but other than that it's just listening through for the most interesting bits among this weird soundscape. Still, should have checked it out earlier and would recommend if only to experience it once.

EDIT: Just checked out the new Fucking Werewolf ASSO as well. Disappointing. Was two new cuts and two remakes. Thought the first new cut was okay but the second one was trash, and both of the remakes are worse than the originals. No buys.

Been listening to this song a lot lately, reminding me of going to local punk shows with my buddies a few years back. I remember us listening to this a lot on the way, the good old days. I've been listening to a lot of stuff that I jammed a lot a few years back, seems to be what's interesting me most lately.