What music are you listening to?

Benji

Oh, Jesca Hoop, your music I've heard a thousand times before under other people's names. You just somehow do it well enough to come back to. "Tulip" is good stuff and her new album's out in June.

If you want to take the chance of clicking my signature, I've linked to the studio version of "Tulip". Murder ballads are always a good time.

I'm listening to Taylor Swift...

which is better than Cher Lloyd who is just like a Kardashian, except relevant? *shrugs*

Edited by Michael Firrito
  • Like 1

Taylor Swift is awful.

Anyways, I've just finished a re-listen of Oranssi Pazuzu's "Kosmonument". Forgot how much how I enjoyed their spacey brand of black metal. Now for something completely different; another album I haven't listened to in a long time - Battles' "Gloss Drop". Oh, this brings memories of how awesome a live concert they had last year. I even got to talk with all of the members and they gave me beer. John Stanier even revealed the big secret to why he uses a ridiculousl raised cymbal!

Taylor Swift is awful.

Anyways, I've just finished a re-listen of Oranssi Pazuzu's "Kosmonument". Forgot how much how I enjoyed their spacey brand of black metal. Now for something completely different; another album I haven't listened to in a long time - Battles' "Gloss Drop". Oh, this brings memories of how awesome a live concert they had last year. I even got to talk with all of the members and they gave me beer. John Stanier even revealed the big secret to why he uses a ridiculousl raised cymbal!

Don't look now, but the remix album just hit. "Dross Glop". Not as good as the source material to me, but it's at least worth a try.

I am way ahead of you, man. Already listened to their Dross Glop EP releases. So far, I like it; not as much as Gloss Drop or Mirrored but I am obsessed with all things Battles.

Has good taste in music, this one.

If I am not much mistaken, you are a Devin Townsend fan so... right back at'cha! :w00t:

I am way ahead of you, man. Already listened to their Dross Glop EP releases. So far, I like it; not as much as Gloss Drop or Mirrored but I am obsessed with all things Battles.

Has good taste in music, this one.

If I am not much mistaken, you are a Devin Townsend fan so... right back at'cha! :w00t:

Gratzi. "Epicloud" in September, damnit!

So, I am listening to that new Dr. John record and... is this his usual sound? I like it but I wonder if it simply sounds like psychedelic Black Keys because, you know, that guy from Black Keys was heavily involved.

I've only got some really old Dr. John stuff and the new album - it is more Black Keys-y than anything else I've heard from him, which tends to fall somewhere between straight blues and early '60s novelty records.

Can you recommend something from the guy? I'd honestly love to hear more.

Also, I just can't get over how much I like Miles Davis' "Tutu". Every time I listen to it, I like it more and more. It is like he took all 80's synth-based music and wrapped it up a musical ball and batted at it with jazz.

In all seriousness, I'd just go for a greatest hits or a best of. There's one called the Night Tripper that's really good. He's tried so much stuff that you miss out on a lot if you just go for one album. But if you're just going to go for one album, get Gris Gris. Everyone says it is his best, and deservedly so. It's very spooky, voodoo blues. Really cool.