Nevermind the Buzzcocks

IAceI

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I presume they did more than just read the extract. Otherwise Samuel Preston stormed out because of something his bitch wrote. :wacko:

This ain't the 80s and it's not Harlem. She's his 'wife' not his 'bitch'.

Grow some hair on your balls and stop pointing your 'piece' at me in a sideways manner.

I hate BBC Northern Ireland for it's lack of Buzzcocks repeats...sure I got Mock The Week and Room 101 but I wanted Buzzcocks :(

Edited by The Lonesome Hobo

Ordinary Boys frontman Samuel Preston has walked out of a recording of BBC Two pop quiz Never Mind the Buzzcocks.

The singer, 24, took exception when host Simon Amstell read extracts from an autobiography written by his wife, Big Brother winner Chantelle Houghton.

"Preston just stormed off," said a spokeswoman for the show. "He literally walked out of the building."

Speaking to BBC Radio 1 Newsbeat, Preston said: "If that was in any other situation, I would have hit him."

He added: "I just had to remove myself from the situation, so I just got up and left."

Team captain Bill Bailey picked a member of the audience to take Preston's place for the remainder of the recording.

Preston said Chantelle thought his actions were "funny" and "sweet".

'Banter'

In the offending passage from Chantelle's book, Living the Dream, she described a photo shoot in which she wore Marks and Spencer clothes.

"I've always loved M&S but it has always been too expensive for me," she wrote, adding that the session made her feel "very posh and upmarket".

Chantelle and Preston met on last year's Celebrity Big Brother

The Buzzcocks spokeswoman said: "It's a shame Preston felt he had to leave.

"Fans will know Simon loves to banter with his guests. It's the nature of the show - and it's not meant in a mean way."

Preston insisted he was "very much up for it" but thought he was "well within his rights" to leave.

Preston and Chantelle met last January in the Celebrity Big Brother house and married eight months later.

Houghton, 23, was planted in the show as a fake celebrity but went on to win. She has since starred in her own series, Chantelle: Living the Dream, on digital channel E4.

Preston was already known for his pop-ska band The Ordinary Boys and their single Boys Will Be Boys charted at number three after the show.

The singer's brief appearance on Never Mind The Buzzcocks will form part of the new series, which begins on BBC Two on 27 January.

Found this online.

Amstell's a good presenter. But Lamarr is still at least ten times better. Amstell looks like he should be teaching geography in some high school in Yorkshire or something. Whereas Lamarr may actually be Satan's Son.

Is it wrong I felt embarrassed for Donny? I wonder if he's dicking on the Sex Pistols as we speak... >_>

Amstell's a good presenter. But Lamarr is still at least ten times better. Amstell looks like he should be teaching geography in some high school in Yorkshire or something.

That's what makes him awesome :P You expect Lamarr to be owning people left, right and centre. You don't expect it from a guy like Amstell.

Genuine comic gold throughout, from the opening bit about loyal Ordinary Boys fans being unsure about their new direction, although both were out of the country, or didn't exist. Prestons face was so depressed you couldn't help but laugh. And I really rate Over the Counter Culture.

Sadly I feel sorry for Preston even though I don't like the guy. You could tell from the first few minutes that Amstell had overstepped his personal "line". Problem is, Lamarr know how far to take things while Amstell keeps pushing like a little kid with a stick. It can be funny but he tends to overdo things sometimes.